Let me help

Corey's POV
April 2020
The game has just ended against the diamond backs with a win of 10-2, I scored a 3 run homerun today which felt absolutely amazing. I go into the visiting clubhouse take a quick shower before my interviews. I knew Muncy, Joc, and I would be interviewed today because we all went 3-4 today scoring at least 2 each.
I finish up my interviews which didn't take as long as I expected it too. As I'm gathering my stuff from my locker getting ready to leave I notice that Jacklyn is calling me. I pick up the phone to hear yelling from a man I believe.
"Oh yeah, who's Corey?"
"Corey? How do you know about Corey?" "Corey is a friend of mine!"
Confused as hell I decided to go into the hallway to hear this in private so no one bothers.
"Doesn't look like it. He wants to get in your whore pants that's all he wants!" I'm growing madder and madder as I'm listening to what is happening. I hear a loud thud coming from Jacklyn's line, I had to try and stop this. I didn't know how to stop this though, i step outside in order to be yelling trying to get the attention of someone on her end. I hear Jacklyn struggling then finally a grunt coming from the man. After the grunt came a hard slap which I really hope that came from Jacklyn and not the man followed by sobs. The door slams knowing this is my chance to hopefully get Jacklyn's attention.
"JACKLYN! JACKIE!? Grab your phone Jackie!!"
I get nothing from her but cries on her side, then shuffling is happening.
"Hello?"
"Oh my God, Jacklyn are you ok?" "What happened, I swear if I find the person who did whatever to you I will kill them!"
"Corey, *hiccup* calm down, I can't deal with you being mad right now." She says as she's still crying
"I'm so sorry Jackie, listen we're going to Colorado for 3 days and then I'll be there for you ok?"
"Corey... I don't need you to protect me." With that she hangs up on me.
"Fuuck..."
Chris comes up from behind me and says, "Corey what's wrong man?"
"Something happened to Jackie and she just hung up on me."
"Is she alright, should I text her?"
"I don't know man, you could give it a try but I don't know if she'll answer you." I say truthfully while running my hands through my hair.
"Yeah, I'll text her and see what happens but, the bus is loading right now."
"Alright I'm on my way."
With that i leave towards the bus to go to the hotel.
~~
It's been a couple of days since the incident with Jacklyn happened. I haven't been able to keep it out of my mind either especially with Jackie texting Chris and not me. You would think because I heard everything that happened she would want to come to me for help. I've texted her a few times but I get nothing more than a one word response. I really just want to be able to help her through this but not being in LA with her is making it harder. She told me she doesn't need me to protect her and it's not about protecting her it's about being there for her. I wish she would see that and let me help her.

Analea is here with us in Colorado like she has been throughout the whole away series. I've asked her if she knew what's happening but she keeps telling me that I can't know. Luckily today is the last day of our road trip and we'll be home tomorrow.

Mady💍
Heyy Core would you mind if we catch Breakfast tomorrow?
Me:
Sure no problem meet me at Blu Jam Cafe at 8

Mady and I have texted on and off since our breakup earlier this month. We mostly broke up because of the distance even when I offered for her to move in with me. I always felt as if she was jealous of how much attention I would receive from girls. She always try to tell me it wasn't that but I knew it was that. The Final straw was when a buddy of mine from North Carolina sent me a picture of Mady and her ex at a bar being really close to each other. She knew I didn't like her being around him so she did it just to spite me. I couldn't handle it anymore but of course since I love her I'm not over her. I mean I couldn't even change her contact name without feeling upset over it.
"Corey let's go we gotta be on the field right now." Joc comes in to the clubhouse escaping me from my thoughts.
~~
The game finishes with us dropping the series which is no good way to travel. I decide before the whole team makes it way to the airport I would text Jackie to see how she's doing. Deciding to go against it I grab my things and get ready to board the bus.
Authors note
Sorry it's so short and all over the place I had trouble writing this chapter. Anyways I hope you guys liked reading from Corey's pov and how he saw everything play out. Well don't forget to vote and comment byeeee