Please no

April 2020
Jacklyn's POV
Yesterday was such a hectic day, with Chris telling me he's no longer interested in me and with the Dodgers losing I feel like I was the reason they lost. I know that sounds a bit dramatic but, Chris did not look focused while playing center and neither did Corey they both had made more than one error which is super rare for them. None of the boys were hitting like their usual selves in fact Max Muncy has lost his 5 day hitting streak. After the games I usually go into the club house with my Aunt during the interviews but yesterday I didn't want to be anywhere near the clubhouse. As soon as the game finished I grabbed my things and left for home. Luckily today I have a day off of work Kendra and Chad are going to be doing the pre game show today. I think I'm still going to go to the ballpark since at heart I will always be a fan of baseball so I'm going to go as a fan. Currently I'm still in bed thinking about all the drama I've created for myself. I hear a knock on my door when someone comes in.
"Hey Jacks" Drew slowly came into my room with Analea behind him.
"Hey guys, what's up?" I sit up as Drew and Analea take a seat on my bed.
"We were thinking to get your mind off of everything why don't we take you out to breakfast." Analea tells me with sincerity in her voice.
"That would be nice guys! Let me just get ready and we can go."
"Alright don't take too long Jacks I'm starving" Drew threatens me
"Haha ok leave so I can get dressed then."
~~

483 likes 15 commentsJacklynnnriz- Morning🌅CommentsAna

Jacklynnnriz- Morning🌅
Comments
Ana.leaa-wow look at you serving looks👀
Drewmarshall_- it took you 40 minutes to do that?
Jackjack- dang cutie can I get your number🤧

"Alright you posted on insta are you ready to go?" Drew asked looking a bit hangry
"Yeah, I'll drive."
"By the way Jack is joining us with his new beau" Ana says while wiggling her eyebrows.
"Ooo I can't wait to meet him"

We arrive at this local café and are seated immediately. While we are looking over the menu Jack makes his way over to us with his new boo in hand.
"Hi guys, sorry we're late my hair did not want to corporate today! Anyways, I want you guys to meet my boyfriend Tyson."
"It's nice to meet you Tyson, Jack tells Analea and I so much about you."
"Thank you sweetie I hear a lot about you guys, Jacklyn am I correct?"
"Yes! And this is my best friend Drew."
"Nice to meet you man!"
"You too!"
Tyson is about 5'5 taller than me but shorter than the average guy. He has very tan bronzed skin with long curly black hair, definitely Jack's type.
As we're getting to know Tyson I get an unexpected text
Corey
Hey, what are you doing right now?
Let's get some breakfast:)
Me
Sorry Corey I'm already eating breakfast with my friends.
I'll see you later at the ball park though so see you soon.
"Who was that?" Jack asked
"Ugh it was Corey he asked me to get breakfast with him."
"Mmm lets not worry about boy drama it's a drama free zone!" Drew implied
"You're right!" I sigh and flip my phone upside down not wanting to worry about boys right now.
~~
It's about 6 and I just arrived at the ballpark which I regret from all the traffic. There's an hour till first pitch so all of the boys are still warming up doing their pre game rituals and all that jazz. I didn't want to be in any of their way so I just go to mine and my Aunt's office. My aunt wasn't in there but from the TV that we have in our office she's doing the pregame on Sportsnet LA. I stay on my phone till there's about 10 minutes till the first pitch. Wanting to get fresh air and see the game I make my way up to the dug out.
"Jackie!" Ross comes and gives me a hug
"Hey chicken strip when do you start again?"
"Saturday, hey why aren't you doing the pregame show today?"
"It's my day off but I can't stay away from you guys."
"Good because we all love you!"
"All I heard is that we all love you and I can confirm that!" Joc butts in to our conversation
"Hey Joc how's baby girl doing?"
"Man she's getting so big! She's going to be two soon man she really needs to stop growing."
"Well if you ever need a baby sitter I'm always open"
"Thanks Jackie I can always count on you."
"No problem Joc!" I smile and look on to the field

The game has started Kenta right now has a runner in scoring position with two outs in the top of the third. All I can think is we need to get out of this inning we can't give the Braves an early lead, if they do they will keep attacking. Freddie Freedman pops out to Chris in center field. He comes into the dugout spots me and gives me a small smile.
"Good job Chris."
"Thanks Jackie"
"What's going on with you guys?" Ross asks
"Nothing don't worry about it."
"Are you sure, you don't want to talk about it?"
"Not really" looking down.
The bottom of the third has just started with kiké leading off. Kiké hits a double down the line with Chris hitting next. Sean Newcomb, pitcher from the Braves has been wild all night which has been really scary. He's already hit 2 batters both in the foot but, what happens was even scarier. All of a sudden I see the ball tail to high hitting Chris in the cheek. I gasp from my seat not noticing I've been gripping my forearm tightly. The trainers are out there including Analea assessing Chris as he's on the ground. They eventually get him up but is gripping on to him with a rag being placed on his left jaw to contain the bleeding. As they're making their way to the clubhouse Chris looks at me with sadness in his eyes.

I look down not wanting anyone to see that I'm getting emotional at the sight of Chris being sad since he's always happy and smiling

I look down not wanting anyone to see that I'm getting emotional at the sight of Chris being sad since he's always happy and smiling. The game continues the manager from the Braves took out Newcomb having their bullpen come in. Andrew Toles goes in for Chris having Kiké on second and Andrew Toles on first. Yasiel hits a single scoring Kiké  but that is the only run we score.
A few more innings pass and all I could think about is how Chris is doing. I still care for him there's no way I could just ignore that. Although I don't want any drama I'll just wait till after the game to check up on him.
~~
The game ends with us winning 4-3 it was close but a win is a win. As soon as the game ends I head to the training room.
I arrive and Chris is the only one in the room with him applying ice on his left cheek.
"How are you feeling?"
"I've felt worse" he answers honestly
"I'm really sorry about what happened. I couldn't imagine how scary that must have been."
"Honestly I didn't start feeling it till I was in here." I grab his hand which he quickly takes
"Is there anything I could do for you? Grab something for you?"
"No I'm good Jackie."He takes back his hand and lays it on his eyes.
"Sorry, I hope I wasn't interrupting anything." Corey says as he walks in.
I move back knowing it was time for me to leave.
"No uhm I was just leaving actually. Get better soon Chris." I touch his forearm and grab my things as I'm about to leave. Close to the parking lot Corey calls for me to wait.
"What's up Corey?"
"Look I don't want to be any trouble to you so if I'm bothering you please let me know."
"No Corey! Don't think like that." "Look we were great friends before all of this happened and I want it to be like how it was. So please let's just be friends."
"If that's what you want Jackie than I can respect that. Friend" he offers me a smile which I return
"Bye friend."
"Bye Jackie."
Authors note
Chris actually got hit in the head today which inspired this chapter. Luckily he didn't get hurt like he did in this chapter. Can we also talk about how good looking Corey looks in the picture above. Like damn🤤 Anyways from a short chapter to a long chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed don't forget to vote byeeee