Let's see

April 2020
After I got home from last nights game I feel so much better on where me and Corey stand. Honestly I do find Corey attractive, when I first saw him I did get flustered at the sight of him. I mean those eyes and smile... that smile kills me. I need to stop though I agreed to be friends with him and that's all I want. Currently I'm getting ready for the game, the last game of the brave's series then the boys will go to Arizona for a 6 game away stand. Since I'm technically not a reporter or a journalist I'm staying in LA while the boys are on the road. Thinking about the boys being away I text Chris to see how he's doing.
Me:
Hey Chris how are you feeling?
Chris3️⃣:
I'm feeling alright, my jaw is a little sore. Thanks for asking:)
Me:
No problem, after seeing you get hit I got really scared.
Chris3️⃣:
Haha there's no need to get scared I'm like iron man you can't hurt me.
Me:
Haha ok mr.macho I'll see you later

I finish getting ready putting on some light makeup, hair in a ponytail and wearing just a white dodger tee with some ripped jeans and converse I'm ready to head out.
~~
I arrive to the ballpark with some extra time before I have to report to Jason so, I go see what Analea is up to. I get to the training room with Analea sorting out the medicines.
"Hey girly, what are you up to?"
"Hey Jacks, um not much just making sure everything is in the right place."
"Sorry I didn't wait for you last night, I was tired and wanted to head home."
"No worries. I could tell you had a lot on your mind. Speaking of things that need to be in the right place shouldn't you be reporting to Jason?"
"I have like ten minutes to spare." As I was saying this Corey comes in to the training room.
"Hey Corey what's up?" Analea asks
"Hopefully nothing." He sighs and continues "My elbow is a little sore do you mind if could check it out real quick?"
"No problem sit down Core."
Corey sits and looks at me and smiles. I return the smile knowing it was time to go check in with Jason.
"I have to go but I hope you feel better Corey, Ana I'll see you later."

"Hey Jason what is the agenda today."
"Hey Jackie actually we're going to have Kendra do the show today just because after the boys come back she won't be able to do the game after they come back. Hope that's ok for you."
"Oh yeah... no problem. I guess I'll see you later than bye Jason."
"Bye Jacklyn, I'll see you in a week."

After I leave Jason's office I head to go see my Aunt who's filming for the pregame show on sportsnet LA.
Luckily when I get to her they're not filming yet.
"Hey tia"
"Hey sweetie, oh Jerry I want to introduce you to my niece Jacklyn." My aunt says directing her attention to me.
"Nice to meet you Jacklyn."
"You too Jerry"
"Aren't you supposed to be with Jason mija?"
"Yeah but Kendra is filling in since she can't do the game in a week."
"Oh okay, so are you going to go home or stay for the game."
"I think I'm just going to stay since I'm already here." "Well I'll let you be see you later tia. It was nice to meet you Jerry." Smiling I walk away letting my aunt get to work.
~~
It's about ten minutes till the game starts so I make my way out from my office to the dugout to watch the game. Rich hill is pitching today which I'm really excited for. I saw him pitch in spring training and he was amazing so I'm really excited to see how he's going to pitch in the regular season. I make my way to the dugout once I get there I make my way around telling everyone good luck before I settle in to watch the game. I spot Chris and make my way up to go sit with him.
"Hey Chris, you're not playing today?"
"No they're giving me the day off since my jaw is still a little swollen."
"Ouch I'm sorry. Does it hurt?"
"Not really, it's just weird I can't really talk or eat."
"I'm so sorry I feel so bad for you."
"No don't feel bad Jackie, it's whatever I don't really care about it."
I leave it at that since the game has just started. Rich delivers and the ball is hit to Corey. As Corey is throwing the ball I could see a little discomfort in his face. Remembering what happened earlier today I became worry since that is the arm he had surgery on. When he gets in the dugout I let it be knowing he wouldn't want to talk about it.
~~
The game finishes with us winning 7 to 3 winning the series which is always good when they boys are about to hit the road. The rest of the game was uneventful, I'm glad honestly I'm so tired of having all this drama surrounding me. I decide to go see who my aunt will be interviewing today since everyone did a great job in the game today. In the clubhouse all of the reporters are currently talking to Yasiel Puig and asking him about the game today. I decide to go see what they are asking me about but Corey calls me over to him.
"Hey Corey, good job out there today."
"Thanks Jackie I appreciate that."
"No problem. How's your arm feeling by the way?"
Sighing he reply's with "It could feel better, I just need to ice it when I get home."
As he is saying this I get an unexpected text message.
"Who was that?" Corey asks
"Oh uh no one important, but yeah make sure you ice your arm."
"Yeah thanks. I need to go but I'll talk to you later Jackie."
"Yeah bye Corey."
I decide to join my aunt with her interviews but I'm just distracted on who just texted me.
534-988-6432
Hey Jacklyn I'm in town and I wanted to meet up with you.
Authors note
Oooo who texted Jacklyn🤔. Lmao I hate myself anyways this Jerry if you guys don't know who I'm talking about .

Also the picture above is a picture I took of Corey from the game yesterday

Also the picture above is a picture I took of Corey from the game yesterday. I couldn't resist not taking the picture bc of how cute he is. Anyways hope you guys liked this chapter don't forget to vote byeeeee