Not now

April 2020
It's been a couple of days since the boys left and I got the dreaded text. Luckily I haven't opened it so they don't know I've read it or not. Them knowing me though they probably do know I did read it. I haven't told anyone about the text, the only person who knows is Corey. Although Corey doesn't know who actually texted me he knows that it definitely bothered me. With us finally being cool and all I didn't want to drag him in to this drama that I know is going to occur. I haven't even told Drew about it which I know is going to bite me in the butt soon. I tell Drew everything, I just didn't want to tell him about this till I figured it out. Which honestly right now isn't the best time to think about the text since I'm in the car with Drew on the way to my parents house. My parents and brother all live in Huntington Beach which is an hour away with no traffic but of course it's LA there's always traffic.
"What up with you?" Drew asks looking at me with concern.
"Nothing is up, why?" I say quickly
"You've been so quiet. I know you Jacks you're only quiet when something is bothering you."
"Nothing is bothering me, I don't know what you're talking about."
"You're such a bad liar you know. You're biting your lip that's like a dead give away."
Not realizing I was actually biting my lip I let it go and scowl at Drew knowing he was right.
"Ugh fine Hunter texted me the other day." I say looking at him warily knowing he wasn't going to like it.
"WHAT!? Hunter texted you and you didn't bother to tell me?" He said while grabbing the steering wheel tight making his knuckles white.
"It's not that big of deal. Calm down Drew, I haven't even texted him back."
"Good he doesn't deserve to get a text back from you."
"Drew..."
"No! He made you feel like shit! He made you loose all your friends and made your life a living hell. It took you 3 years to realize that Jacks! He might have not laid a hand on you but he abused you."
Although I knew he was right I hated to admit it. I wasted 3 prime years of my life for that as*hole. Hunter was my first real boyfriend back when I met him my Junior year of high school. He had these chocolate brown eyes that made you fall in love with him the minute you laid eyes on them. His shaggy curly locks that you just want to put your hands in them while you're kissing. The lips so soft yet dominant. However, the way he treated me scarred me. The first year we started dating he was sweet a little jealous but who isn't? When our senior year ended he became very possessive telling me what I can and can't wear. At first I didn't think much of it, you know like maybe I shouldn't be wearing too short of shorts maybe I shouldn't be wearing a shirt that shows my cleavage off so, I just abided by his rules. He didn't allow me to hang out with my friends he would guilt trip me in to just hanging out with him. I was so lucky that Drew stuck by my side through the whole thing. I lost my only actual girl best friend Kaleigh, she would get so mad when I would ditch her for Hunter. I get it now but back then I thought she would understand but of course she couldn't wait around for me and left. Kaleigh moved to Colorado to go to school after we graduated high school. Obviously Drew and I both went to USC and Hunter went to Northridge, because of how close we were our relationship lasted to college. Of course it was college I was always busy with homework and trying to meet new people and of course Hunter did not like that. He would call me cursing me out on why I don't deserve him and that I should be lucky to him in my life. He would constantly make fun of my weight because of the freshman 15, I would feel so alone like I had no one to turn to. I developed depression luckily Drew had my back through it all and made me realize I needed to break up with him. I broke up with him and he just kept calling and calling it got so bad I had block his number. I was so brainwashed thinking that I loved him I didn't realize I was in a toxic relationship till I got out of the relationship. I've only had one other boyfriend since Hunter, his name was Jackson he was the exact opposite from Hunter. Sadly he moved to Florida and couldn't keep up a long distance relationship. It ended in good terms and I have no hard feelings for him at all. With Hunter I don't know how I feel about him, I feel like he had good intentions.
Without realizing a tear slipped out of my eyes thinking about my past, I quickly wiped it away not wanting Drew to notice.
"Jacks I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset."
I finish wiping away all the other tears that fell before looking at him.
"It's alright. I should have told you about the text."

All of sudden my phone buzzes
"That better not be him." Drew says before I even get a chance to see who texted.
Looking at my phone I realize Corey just texted me.
Corey⚾️
Hey Jacklyn just checking up on you:)

"Relax it's just Corey." Drew gives me the side eye
"What he's just checking in" I say defending him and myself.
Me:
I'm alright, how was the game last night?

The boys won the first game against the Diamondbacks 11-7. I was so proud of them they were hitting so much better than they have the past couple of weeks.
Without realizing we arrive at my childhood house.
Authors note
I'm honestly really happy with how this chapter turned out. I didn't really know what direction I wanted to go with this chapter but It just flowed out of me. Anyways I'm going to the 4th of July game for the third year in a row!!! I hoped you guys liked this chapter until next time don't forget to vote and comment byeeeeee