Girlfriend?

August 2020

Jackie's POV

"Next, a Miss Jacklyn"

"Right here." I get up to follow the nurse for my appointment as Corey gets up and takes my hand. I look between

our hands and him, Corey squeezes my hand and gives me a tight smile as we follow the nurse to a pre-exam room.

"Ok Miss Jacklyn just step on the scale." I do as she says as she takes my weight and vitals. She takes Corey and I to a room telling us that the doctor will be with us shortly. I take a seat on the examination table and Corey takes a seat next to the bed. I look over to see his head hung and knee bouncing.

"Nervous?" Corey looks up at the sound of my voice and gives me another tight smile. He chuckles and takes my hand.

"I shouldn't be as nervous as I should be. If anything, you should be nervous." I laugh knowing I'm anxious as hell not knowing what's going to happen or what they're going to tell me.

"I know the pregnancy is early, but I just hope the baby is ok."

"Me too."

Just as Corey replies there is a knock at the door.

"Hi Jacklyn, I'm Dr. Ruiz I'll be your doctor throughout your pregnancy." He reaches out his hand and shake his hand. Dr. Ruiz extends his hand out to Corey and shakes his. "I assume you're the father?"

"Yes sir, I'm Corey." They shake hands as Dr. Ruiz smiles and chuckles.

"I know who you are son, I do have to say I am big fan of yours."

"Well, it's a good thing I know the baby will be taken care of then."

"Yes, well we should discuss the baby at hand." Dr. Ruiz brings his rolling chair and sits right in front of me. "Ok Miss Jacklyn the first thing we need to discuss is when your last period was."

"The 12th of June I believe."

"Ok and how are you feeling? Any nausea, fatigue, dizziness, headaches?"

"Uhh all of them since I think the beginning of July." Dr. Ruiz takes down notes as he listens.

"Ok now I just need to do an ultrasound it will be have to be internal seeing it is only 8 to 9 weeks since your last period. I'll have the nurse bring in a gown for you to change into and I'll be back to do your ultrasound, sound good?"

"Yeah, that sounds good." Dr. Ruiz leaves and a nurse comes in to give me my gown.

I start to undress as Corey turns around and all I can do is laugh at him.

"Corey you don't need to turn around, how do you think this baby was made?" He chuckles as he turns red from embarrassment.