Why now?

June 2020
Oliver's POV
Leaving Jacklyn's apartment I still can't believe I bagged a date with her. She's so amazing and sweet and funny. I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable I know how she gets. The first time I met her in the grocery store I felt so bad knowing I caused her to have an anxiety attack. However, I knew for a fact after she had passed it she was something special. I wasn't looking for a relationship but, she was just beautiful I couldn't help but ask for her number.

Day dreaming I didn't realize that while I was driving I drifted a bit into the other lane. I quickly get back into my lane to avoid an accident....

Jacklyn's POV

The sound of my phone ringing startles me awake.

"Hi is this miss Jacklyn Rizzo?"
"Yes. Can I ask who this is?"
"My name is Jane and I'm a nurse at Dignity health care and I'm sorry to call but your boyfriend seems to have been an a pretty bad accident."
I shoot up quickly out of my bed and throw on a jacket quickly.
"Is he ok? When was the accident what happened?"
"I can't discuss those details over the phone ma'am but you should head over."

I hang up the phone grab my keys quickly and head towards my car. It was 3 in the morning so no one was on the road allowing me to get to the hospital quickly.
~~
It's been little over a day since Oliver had his accident. Oliver had lost control of the car while driving and crashed into a wall on the freeway. He broke his leg in multiple places and is suffering from a severe concussion. He's so lucky it could have been so much worse than it really is. Oliver doesn't have any family in LA with him so I've been keeping him company. Luckily the boys had a day off but I'll have to go into work the next day. Oliver's upset that I have to leave him and I would call off of work but the next week the boys are away so I need all the hours I can get.

Oliver is currently sleeping this is the first time he's been able to sleep since he got into his accident. Looking at him sleeping peacefully I get a call from Analea.

"Hey girly how are you holding up?" Holding back tears I pause before answering.
"I'm doing ok thanks for asking?"
"How's Oliver?"
"It could be worse he's sleeping right now."
"Ok well I need to go I'll see you tomorrow."
With that I hang up the phone to see that I have multiple notifications from the boys seeing if I'm ok and if Oliver is going to be good. I'm so glad that I do have support from the team.

Authors Notes
Super short chapter I'm so sorry! I have more ideas for this but I didn't want this chapter to drag on. I'll try to update as soon as I can. Also I'm really sad we traded Yasiel and Matt especially Yasiel I just hope that prospect is worth it. I really hope we can get Corey Kluber too that would be so amazing! Ok well don't forget to comment and vote byeee