It's offical!

March 2020
Today is the day that I find out if I will be joining the team in Los Angeles as a part of their broadcast group or, head to Oklahoma as the triple a journalist. I would like to say that I've been doing a good job following my Aunt's footsteps as a reporter. I've made so many friends with not only the crew but some of the boys on the team. I've gotten really close with Justin Turner,Max Muncy,Corey Seager, and Ross Stripling. Ross is the most funniest guy I've ever met it's too bad he has a wife..
As I was day dreaming Corey came up to me taking me out of my trance.
"Hey Jackie, today's the big day!"
"Yeah I really hope I get to join you guys in Los Angeles. Nothing against Oklahoma and the triple a boys but I haven't really gotten along with any of them like I have with you guys."
Corey and I recently became really good friends when we went out for a team dinner and we happened to sit by each other. We talked the whole dinner getting to know each other. He's honestly such a genuine guy. His girlfriend is so lucky to have him.
"Me too, it wouldn't be the same without you in the dugout with us"
"Yeah well my Aunt is hopefully putting a good word for me."
"I'm sure she is. Hey I gotta go but I'll see you in a little while" Corey says while squeezing my forearm and letting it linger a little while.
"Yeah see you soon core" I reply as he walks away
My aunt is coming down the hall as soon as Corey leaves.
"So?" I ask
"You get to come to LA with me!" She exclaims while giving me a hug.
"Yay! Oh my god I'm so happy!" I say while returning the hug
"Now you won't be an official reporter, you'll be helping Jack with Social Media coverage."
"Of course as least I get to go to LA"
"I have to go sweetie but congrats you deserved it" my aunt says as she walks away
Today is the last spring training game in Arizona which had held my fate if I was going to LA or Oklahoma. Now that I'm going to be going to LA I try to go find Jack to tell him the good news. As I was about to text Jack where he was I bumped into something hard making me fall to the ground.
"Oh my bad Jackie let me help you up" Corey says holding out his hand for me to take
"Thanks, I'm sorry I was trying to find Jack." I say as I take Corey's hand
"No problem"
"Since you're here I have something to tell you.... I'M GOING TO LA WITH YOU GUYS!"
"Oh my gosh Congrats Jackie!" He says as he pulls me into hug. Gosh he smells so good.. I hope that's not weird
"Thanks I'm so excited!"
"You should be! Hey why don't I take you to dinner to celebrate?"
"Like a date?" I wiggle my eyebrows while giggling
"It could be" He winks
"Oh wow! Smooth are we now?" I laugh
"They don't call me Seager Smooth for no reason I mean" He says while rubbing the back of his neck
"Woah there don't get a head of yourself there Seager! Lets invite some of the other guys to really celebrate."
He looks away and sighs but ends up agreeing
"Sure, I'll tell some of the other guys" he smiles
"Thanks Corey" I smile and walk away
I wonder why he looked so disappointed, I mean he has a girlfriend.
Authors note
Another chapter in! I'm so sad Corey is out for the season, let's just hope he'll be back before season starts next year. Anyways hope you guys liked it! Byeeeee