----17----

Alexa's POV"

"No" I growled. 

"That wasn't the deal we had made" Esther stated, "and last time I checked you made a blood oath, you can't back down now" 

"You're evil" I breathed. 

"I know, oh and we have another helper with us today" She started signalling for someone to come out and as they did my jaw dropped. 

There stood Elena looking as innocent as ever, "Elena?" I was so confused, but she stood there not daring to look into my eyes, "YOU'RE APART OF THIS, YOU WANT TO KILL NIKLAUS AND EVERYONE ELSE, HOW COULD YOU" I screamed, 

"Because"

"BECAUSE WHAT, PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ON WHY" 

"Because he killed my aunt..." 

Klaus' POV:

I watched as she fled towards the door, it hurt to know she was fleeing away from me, I wanted to follow her, comfort her and tell her that it was all a mistake and I would never hurt her or her family. But before I could even move an inch, Caroline was suddenly spun into my hands, she smiled up at me with her blue eyes. 

"Hi" she said softly. I chuckled

"Hello love" I stared at her intently as we danced. 

"Where's Alexa" I laughed at her attempt of being subtle.

"Is Caroline Forbes jealous?" I teased. 

"No, I Just um wanted to know so I could um ask her something" She stuttered.

"You know you're a very bad liar" I said chuckling, she looked down to the ground and I could see she began to blush, "Don't be embarrassed" I lifted her head up with my finger and our lips began to near each other, then they touched, oh god no what am I doing? But before I could even pull away I heard a gasp behind me, I spun around to see Alexa standing just near the entrance, I could practically see her heart shatter into pieces.

"A-A-Ale-"

"No" She squeaked, "Don't bother" Tears started to form in her eyes as she watched the scene unfold in front of her. 

"Alexa, Im sorry it's not what you think" Caroline piped up. 

"So It's not you kissing the one I love" A smile began to form on my face when she said 'The one I love' and she must of noticed, because she immediately said, "Sorry, the one I loved"

I winced at her words, she clutched onto her purse and walked away towards the stairs.

Alexa's POV:

"Sorry, the one I loved" My heart shattered into pieces. I notice Niklaus wince at those words, but at that moment I didn't care anymore. I knew exactly what to do, I began to walk towards the stairs, when Damon came up beside me with two glasses of champagne in hand, "Hey Lex, I got you a drink" He beamed. 

"Thanks Damon" I went to grab one, but then remembered what my mission was, "But I'm gonna have to pass I need the loo terribly" I lied. 

"Okay, maybe when you come back then" I nodded and began to walk up the staircase

By the time I reached the top, It felt like I had ran a marathon, God im unfit. 

"Esther?" I whisper-shouted. .

"Alexa?" I heard a voice from behind me, I jumped 50 feet high I swear. The figure behind me started laughing. 

"Finn?" I asked pretending to be shocked, because he didn't know I saw him like 40 minutes or something  ago.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Looking for your mother" I yawned, god this party is sucking all my energy up. 

"Wait? You're the one helping my mother?" Wait he knew about that.

"Yeah I guess so, where is she?" I just wanted to get out of this conversation. 

"Over in that room" He pointed to one of the doors. I smiled at him as my thank you. Then began walking over to the door. I knocked three times and after about 10 seconds Esthers head had popped through the door, "Oh great she's here we can begin" I cautiously walked in to see Elena sitting in a chair infront of a small table that had four bottles of what looked like blood. Esther motioned for me to sit down in the chair across from Elena and I did what I was told much to my dismay Esther sat right next to me. 

"Okay shall we begin ladies?" I nodded my head slowly giving Elena a small smile, I could tell she was really nervous, "Okay Elena hold out your hand" Esther said as she held a small knife to Elena's palm, then she began to slice it, Blood dripped out of it and onto the paper underneath. Elena's face scrunched up. 

"You okay Elena?" I asked worried. I may not have liked her before but now that I think of it she was probably forced into this as much as I was. She nodded. Once Esther had gotten enough of Elena's blood on the table, she motioned for me to hold my hand out. 

"Why do I have to?" I asked, I wasn't a doppelgänger and I sure as hell wasn't a Mikaelson. 

"For your... original blood" Esther hesitated

"No, I know what you're doing Esther and I refuse to" I knew she was trying to get my blood so that she could link me with the family too, I just can't be having that as it would ruin my plan. 

"You ruin the fun, I'll be back I'm going to get my grimoire, don't touch anything" I watched her walk out the door, then almost immediately I grabbed Niklaus' vile of blood and exchanged it for the vile I had hidden in my dress. Yes I know, how did you do that? Well throughout the party, I compelled 4 humans to follow me into the restroom and then from there they would give me one vile of their blood so when I came in to here I would be prepared to swap them over. Finn's vile of blood however I'd rather that stay there and him die, he's a lowlife and a traitor to the family. I began to swap all the others out but Finns and by the time I had finished, Esther was on her way in 2 minutes after. 

"Took me a while but I finally found it" She laughed holding up the book victoriously, "This grimoire will help you out through the spell" I nodded, looking at the spell, it seemed pretty easy 

Esther Poured out the 5 viles of blood onto the paper that had all of their names in some kind of viking writing 

"Okay you can begin" Esther said. 

I began chanting the spell, I watched as the blood passed all of their names, First Rebekahs then Kols, Elijahs, Niklaus and finally finns, they all  joined into a shape, It looked familiar I just couldn't put my finger on it, then it clicked... 

The white oak tree. It was working she was falling for it.

"Finished"