----51----

Alexa's POV: 

10 years later: 

"Okay everyone, that'll be all for today's class, just remember to read page 20-22 for homework" I say to the bunch of teenagers in front of me, "Have a great weekend" 

They all get up out of their seats and head out the door, all mumbling a quick, "Goodbye Miss, have a great weekend". 

I pack up all of my books and other resources, then turn to see one student slumped onto their desk, asleep... 

I walk over, my high heels making a satisfying noise on the floor. 

"Mr. Henderson" I say, while shaking him a little, he doesn't move, "Mr.Henderson" I say more sternly. He bolts upright. 

"Huh, what's going on?" He asks. 

"You fell asleep...again" I chuckle.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Mrs. Mikaelson, I swear it won't happen again" He says.

"Jack, you said that 6 times before, I'm pretty sure it's going to happen again" I chuckle, he rubs his neck and blushes, "Look, Jack, are you not getting enough sleep at home?" I ask. 

"I-um, just studying for tests that's all miss, I better go now, before my Parents begin to worry" He rushes up out of his seat, "Have a great weekend miss"

"You too Jack" I turn around and gather up my things.

I lock the door of my classroom and head towards the car park. I jumped into my car and turn the ignition on, then begin to drive out of the school.

2 years ago, Alaric decided to retire as the History Teacher, so I put my teaching degree to use and started working at Mystic Falls high, it's been so fun to work with the children there. 

20 Minutes Later:

It doesn't take me long to get home, but I make a quick pitstop to the grill so I can grab something for dinner.

A Hamburger for Hope and some chips, then a chicken wrap for me and another hamburger for Nik.

I pull up into the driveway and once again pick up all my things to take inside. It's a struggle to open the door, but I eventually make it into the house. 

"Is that you angel?" Niklaus yells out to me. 

"No" I yell back and in return he just chuckles, he walks around the corner, arms wide open, I walk forward and just plonk myself into them.

"How was work?" He asks. 

"Yeah, it was alright" I reply back, "Where's Hope?" I ask. 

"Out with some friends" He replies.

"Oh okay, I bought some dinner for us, so I guess I can just leave hers out so she can microwave it later" I throw the bag down on the kitchen counter, then I grab some plates out from the cupboard so I can set the food on the plates. 

"There's yours" 

"Thank you" Niklaus says and grabs his plate. 

"How was your day?" I ask him. 

"Yeah not too bad, Elijah came around for lunch so we had a good catch up" 

"That's good" My phone vibrates next to me, I pick it up.

From Damon:

Party at Mine,  @8pm, be there or be square. Wear something nice, it's a big party.

~Love, Damon xx 

"Who's that?" Nik asks.

 "My other husband" I joke around, "Nah, there's a party at Damon and Elena's house,  did you want to go?"