----18----

Alexa's POV: 

"Ladies and gentleman, may I please have your attention?" Esther yelled out while tapping the side of her glass with a fork, "As you can see there are waiters going around with trays of champagne, I invite you all to join me in raising a glass" I looked around to see all the Mikaelsons holding their glasses with a smile on each one of their faces , "It provides me with no greater joy than to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening. Cheers" I raised my glass up and took a sip, I could tell Niklaus was eyeing me the whole time. 

"You can go now, enjoy yourself" Esther whispered to me. I nodded my head "Thank you for tonight" 

"Bye Esther" and with that I walked down the staircase, I was heading towards the door where I knew Damon and Stefan would be questioning Elena until my whole body was being pulled backwards by someone, I looked up to see Elijah standing infront of me, "Leaving already?" He smiled, "Without letting me have a dance" He chuckled. 

"I was just going to look for Elena" It looked like something clicked because Elijah suddenly tensed. 

"Should I be worried?" He asked. 

"About what?" I clearly knew what he was referring to but I had to play dumb, there were bound to be people watching me. 

"My mothers intentions" I furrowed my brows, "Now, don't lie Alexa, we all know you haven't been the best at lying and I saw you walking up the staircase soon after Elena" 

Damn I thought I had been pretty sly. 

"I was looking for the restrooms" I lied.

"Okay" 

He bought that? Wow!

"Now may I please go?" I asked politely. 

"Have a good night Alexa" He let go of my wrist, I gave him a small smile then walked towards the door, I heaved open the big doors and as I did a big woosh of fresh air hit me in the face, 

"There you are Lex" I heard Damon say. I looked over to see Elena sitting down while Stefan leaned over her, 

"Yeah sorry I got caught up with something" 

"Did it work?" he asked.

"Well I'd hope so, Esther was pretty confident in the spell, you know the 'I wanna kill my whole family, not me though just my children'" I said rolling my eyes, "To sum it all up I did the spell and it worked" 

Damons eyes widened but not at me, something behind me, I slowly turned my head around to see Niklaus standing there gobsmacked

Oh Sugar Honey Ice Tea

"Nik, it's not what It sounds like" I squeaked. 

"Really because it sounded like you went behind all of our backs and performed a spell for my mother that will help kill us all, all being your family" Niklaus' voice was shaky and I don't know if he realised or not. 

I looked behind me to see that Damon, Elena and Stefan had yeeted out of here, great thanks guys... 

"Nik, I swear, just let me explain" Tears were forming in my eyes. 

"Look at me right now and tell me you didn't just go against me and help my mother in killing me and my siblings" I looked down not daring to even take a glance at his face. 

"ALEXA" I jumped about 50 ft high, "Look me in the eyes and tell me you didn't" his voice was stern. I looked up into his eyes, but I didn't say anything. 

"That's what I thought" He whispered looking down at me disgusted, by now the tears were streaming down his cheeks, he didn't have any control of them. 

"Niklau-"

"NO" he yelled, "You chose to stand against me"