Chapter 17

Kavya Pov:

Everyone became silent when Professor entered the classroom followed by me. I stood besides her, facing the students while looking down at my feet, like it is the most interesting thing right now. She cleared her throat to get everyone's attention. I glanced up to find myself standing aloof in front of a huge classroom filled with students sitting across the curved desks. I feel some of their eyes set on me, probably wondering why a new girl is tagging along with the professor, while some are too busy to take their eyes off their mobile, while some are too unfazed about the current situation.

Continuing my studies in a whole new University makes me go kinda nervous but at the same time excited. No need to go highly strung, because I don't have to worry about seniors, ragging and all, because I am here to resume my studies which means I joined in the final years of my course directly, no need to start over.

"Good morning students, This is Miss.Kavya", she pointed me before she continued, "She will be joining our class from now on, I hope I can expect your kind co-operation with her studies and her doubts."

"And......", she trailed down trying to remember something, "And yeah, she is from Tamilnadu, she is here to resume her studies."

At the mention of Tamil Nadu, a girl at the last bench seemed surprised and smiled at me unbelievably, which made me to send a quick smile at her way.

"Please, go, have a seat", Professor turned towards me and said in a way too professional way, to which I nodded with a polite Thank you.

Everything looked surreal now, you can't blame me though, till this second I thought I lost everything in my life, considering the fact that I am married to a savage husband who always holds grudge against me just because he THINKS I am a money minded person. But today, I got a new hope, a hope to live a happily ever after life. My studies is my priority for now, and I am gonna focus my full attention on this instead of crying over my not so fortunate life. I got admission in one of the most famous private universities in India, which is still incredible. My all thanks to Rudhya, because she is the one who sent my marksheets to the University and applied which I considered as useless anymore and left at home. Though I am a discontinued student, they offered to give admission on seeing my academic performance.

I headed straight towards the said girl and sat on an empty place besides her. She leaned sideways and whispered, "En Iniya Kaalai Vanakangal", mimicking Bharathi Raja Sir's voice, one of the most talented and well-known Tamil movie directors. (Translation - A very good morning)

I can't help but muffle a chuckle at her accent. As soon as I stopped chuckling, "Neenga tamil huh?"(Translation - You know Tamil?) , I gazed at her in disbelief to which her smile died off as she made a poker face, "No, I am Chinese". We both stare at each other before we bursted out into laughter. We became quiet when we received an annoyed glare from other benchers. I felt releived and no more nervousness is left in me now.

It's so good to see a person who speaks Tamil after a long time.

"By the way, I am Faiza", she introduced herself and stretched out her perfectly waxed hand for a handshake.

"I am - "

"Kavya", she finished the sentence for me.

I nodded at her as she added, "From now on, you are struck with me" and winked at me.

"Not that I am complaining", I shrugged my shoulders with a huge grin on my face before she playfully nudged her shoulders on mine.

My anxiety flied off actually, still now I can't believe that I could make it. But now, I am sitting in one of the best universities in India, I am gonna achieve my lifetime goal. I took a moment to observe the classroom by looking around, boys and girls are scattered around the classroom. They looked so classy, wearing fashionable clothes while I am wearing a plain red coloured cotton top with white legkin today. I became conscious about my look and felt out of the place all of a sudden, I looked down at my outfit and again around the class.