Chapter 46

I found our story has readers from Canada, USA, England, Guyana, Ghana, Algeria, Switzerland, Poland, Norway, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Cameroon, Nigeria, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, UAE, Syria, Turkey, Pakistan, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Cambodia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and INDIAAAAAA (Actually 73% of you guys are from India)

And I love all of you guys!

_________________________________

Edited by: OneIndianWriter

Faaris's Pov:

I can't remember when was the last time I have ever been this mad. Not only anger, the pain of being lied to has also taken over me. You know the feeling when you spend day and night thinking about someone, find every way to impress them, follow like a dog just to get noticed by them, get satisfied with just a 'hi' from them, stare at mobile's screen till they reply, leave your own people and country to save them, finally get rewarded by a hard slap on your face called truth. The feeling when everything around you is just a lie, and you have been living in a whole bunch of lies. It sucks, it hurts.

I can literally feel the pain corroding my insides, gnawing away my senses completely. The worst thing I felt was when she said I was no one. No one.

I was about to bang the main door but stopped when it flew open.

"Faaris.", she whispered as soon as our eyes met.

My eyes instantly fell on her attire, she is wearing a man's shirt. I have to admit that she looked different, I can't point it out. But she looked beautifully different.

"Hai, Kavya. How are you doing?"

There it goes.

"You are back.", she whispered to herself in shock. She shut the door behind her as stepped towards me.

"You came back.", her eyes glistened with fresh tears. I can't help but crack a smile at how she reacted at seeing me. I was wrong, I guessed showing at her doorstep would freak her out but her astounded face told me otherwise.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets, "Yes, I came back."

For you!

She threw herself on me surrounding my body with her tiny hands. Pressing my eyes shut, I held my hands by my side which are now balled into tight fists inside the packets. Not my fault, but my heart felt instantly warm as she placed her head on my chest, sighing in relief.

"I missed you so much.", her tears wet my shirt, she looked up at me with confusion and worry when I didn't hug her back nor said anything.

"Did you ever miss me, Faaris?", her eyes looking at me expectantly, I could literally see how much she missed me. But it still hurt that I don't mean much to her to say the truth. Her lips are trembling as she kept herself from sobbing audibly.

Those cheeks I also wanted to caress are now stained with salty tears. I cupped her face wiping the tears away, my lips involuntarily went to press a kiss against her forehead. When I glanced back at her face again, she smiled at me brightly. Just when you think she was nothing but fake, that one smile proves you wrong. Even a blind man can tell her smile is not fake. One part inside me screamed to shove her to the other side. But my actions and senses are altogether manipulated by the love I have grown for her.

But she shoved me away, her expressions changed in a flash, she glared at me deadly, "Where did you go, Faaris? You don't think I am deserving enough to know what you're doing. Did you think you can just show up at my doorstep, wave bye-bye and disappear into thin air just like that? Huh?"