Before Your Very Eyes

"Yeran-ah, let's go have lunch together" Jae In stands holding her arms abruptly.

"I'm sorry but JB ask me to join them for lunch. I owe him yesterday and I gave him my word already" she do her best to show her sweetest smile in front of her friend. She don't know if Jae In feels the same but it's as if their friendship is drifting apart nowadays  and she do nothing about it. It is true that she is blunt sometimes but when it comes to the people close to her, it's a different story.

"Fine, I'll have lunch with the three idiots" Usually Jae will nag at her but this is one of the evidences that their friendship is starting to sink, and she's a fool coz she misses the persuasive and hot headed Jae In.

"Say my hi to them and {name} eonnie" she waved at her and started to walk towards cafeteria 2, where JB ask her to go.

Her feet are heavy, she misses the lunch time when the four of them used to eat together, the time when she can freely throw them jokes, how Jimin roll on the ground laughing at her ridiculous attempt of comedy, how Tae will grin and dance a random dance routine, Jae In's cool salute saying aye aye captain, roger on that and their fist bump whenever they think something fun to do but most of all she misses Jungkook, she misses his company, the shy but playful bunny she used to feed everyday, the one who walks with her every morning and afternoon, his voice saying noona this, noona that.

"I miss you" she doesn't know that it came out of her lips, only that one of the fresh man student, looks at her weirdly.

"I really miss you" she sighs, drawing an imaginary line on the wall of the rooms she passes by using her forefinger and as if destiny interlocks with fate, they sure play along well.

Jungkook and the new noona are walking side by side casually laughing at each other. Her heart crumbles, creating a breaking sound somewhere  near the place where her stubborn philosophies reside.

"My mom wants to invite you for lunch on the weekend noona" Jungkook, her once Jungkook, scratch that, she never accepted him as a Jungkook who loves her, he's just a baby dongsaeng to her, that if she'll follow her rational faculties.

"Of course I would like to meet eomonie Jungkookie, I'll definitely come, don't worry" she cling her hand on his arm and happily walk to, probably cafeteria 1 where Jae In is waiting.

She can't help but feel jealous at them coz if she's not stubborn she'll be the one who is laughing together with him, clinging on his arm like they do and when the two entertwine their hands, she has no choice but to cry in despair.

She laughed at her own self while holding her chest, ironic but she feel heartbroken eventhough there is no them to begin with, when Jungkook does not fancy her anymore, when she feels irrelevant to him and most of all he found a new love interest, where his feelings are reciprocated and treasured, yes they both deserve each other and it'll be a lie if she says its not hurting her.

"Yes, they deserve to be happy without me, without the stubborn righteous me...haha.." She wipe her tears which glided down her cheeks and continue her walk.

"Maybe what I am feeling right now will pass if I accept JB as my boyfriend"

She thought humping her bag up her back, sniffing her watery nose. Once the entrance of the cafeteria is on her view, she huff out loud and practice her smile.

Planning on surprising JB and his friends, she tiptoe and enter the place using the exit door way, good thing the whole cafeteria is so busy and no one is paying attention to whatever she is doing at the moment. She look around, texting JB and telling him that she's on the way.

A little bit later she receive a text saying that he's also on his way to the cafeteria. She shrug and look for a table for them to eat, she plan on paying for their food for the day and excitedly want to order lots of food.