Chapter 3

'Dorian! What happened? Who is this woman? Why did you bring her here? You know how much trouble this can cause you!' Ivy blabbers behind me while following me around the house.

'Ivy, stop talking and help me get her in one of the rooms in the house. Which one is the cleanest?' I hurry her. 

'The one next to yours, master.' she replies to me and I cringe a little inside. 

Great! Of course it was going to be the one next to mine, so that I will have to smell her delicious scent all the time. I won't be able to contain myself. She will be in danger and I can't have her be in danger. For the first time in years, I feel concern for someone. It totally comes hitting me like a tsunami. I forgot how these feelings sting the soul. What the fuck is going on?

'Ivy, please prepare the loft room. Make sure to change the sheets daily and reinforce the door and windows.' I tell her. 'Oh, and Ivy, I want it done until tomorrow. And please bring your healing herbs.'

'Let's tend to her wound and then I'll get working on the room.' she calmly replies to me. 'I will need the doctor's help, you know.' she smiles and I curse silently because know what she means.

I go to the room and put her on the bed while Ivy turns up the lights. We both examine her wound and realize there are small pieces of  foreign objects that remained inside. 

'I'll go bring warm water and your old medical bag. We need to remove those before she bleeds to death'. she says leaving the room.

'More like, before I lose control and bleed her out', I whisper to myself feeling on the edge again. My canines start growint again, just when Ivy returns with everything we need.

'Dorian, get away from her before I inject you with some garlic serum!' she snaps at me. 'What do you think you're doing? Pull them back! Right now!' she keeps scolding me.

'Don't push me, Ivy. I'm already going through a lot today.' I yell at her.

'Then stop behaving like a beast and go fetch yourself a bag of blood from the fridge. I'll clean up the girl and after that we can tend her wound. Hurry up, now!' she hurries me out of the room.

When I return, the girl is dressed in a white camisole. She has a pair of white panties on, her hair is still a dirty mess but her abdomen is clean. Ivy sure knows how to move fast.

'I was gone for 10 minutes, how did you manage to dress her yourself?' I ask confused.

'Stop gawking at the girl and come take out whatever got stuck in her wound. She is getting paler by the minute.' she says.

She was right, her heart is beating really slow by now. I don't understand how my blood didn't heal her. I take out my utensils and I start working on cleaning whatever is stuck in her wound. It will leave her quite a scar, around 6 cm long. I don't know whether she will make it or not. I've been digging around the cut to take out the pieces of sharp rocks and wood and she hasn't woken up at all. She is also running a high fever, making me think that I might lose her.

After half an hour and many bloody cloths moving before my eyes, I manage to clean everything out and seal the wound. My canines have elongated again by then, but I don't lose focus. Somehow, I want this girl safe and alive.

Ivy looks at me with conspicuous eyes. 'I see now why you want me to prepare the loft room. What is up with you today? Go away and have another bag of blood until I bathe her and prepare some herbs to put on her wound.'

Before I leave the room, Ivy asks me 'Why didn't you give her your blood to heal her?

I turn around and look at her with a scared yet conflicted look on my face.

'I did give her my blood.'

And then I leave the room.