Chapter 37

Dorian

There's a knock on the door. My blood stops thinking who it probably is. We don't get visitors at all. That's why we chose this particular beach when I built the house.

'Ivy, you go to the kitchen and wait there. Cain, you go to the lab and take 3 vials of the serum Ivy has created for the witch. Selena, you go to the basement. It has a metal door. Lock it and don't open it unless I come and use our safe word.'

Selena is paralyzed in fear. She can't move. I go and shake her a little bit.

'Selena, GO!' and she starts running down the stairs to the basement.

'The serum is yellow, Cain. Put the vials in a cup or something, so she doesn't see it.'

Everybody takes their position while I go and open the door. A blonde woman stands outside wearing a tied up dress that ends above her knees. She has blonde hair, like Selena's, only her hair shines with gray reflexes. Her eyes are the color of the stormy ocean and her thin lips are curled into a fake smile.

'I'm sorry to interrupt your evening, sir, but I would like to discuss with you about a critical issue. You see, I'm searching for my niece and I was told she was seen with you.'

'Good evening, madame. Come in. I am sure you would like to have a conversation inside, not out in the rain.'

I see Cain coming down the stairs, holding a mug in his hands. He greets our guest and walks into the kitchen.

'Please, have a seat.'

'Thank you.' She says while sitting on the armchair with her back to the kitchen. So far, the plan is going great.

'Now, please tell me what niece are you talking about, mrs...'

'Clytie. You can call me Cly.' She flashes her fake smile at me even more. I feel my blood boiling with anger inside my veins. This woman is a threat to the love of my life and the mother of my baby. She continues to spill her lies.
'Her name is Selena. I've been looking after her ever since her parents died. She lost her mind when her father passed away in a fire. She ran away from me almost 2 months ago. The detective I hired to find her told me that she was seen with you. I need to take her back home. She needs her medication.'

I can't believe this witch's nerve. She really thinks I'm as stupid as to believe a word coming out of her mouth. Anyway, I decide to play her game.

'Oh, dear. I had no idea. She went for some grocery shopping around 10 minutes ago. She should be missing too much. You are most welcomed to wait for her.'

'I don't want to be a burden for you, mister..'

'Dorian. Where are my manners? I didn't introduce myself and I didn't even offer you a coffee. Do you want one?'

'I'd like a coffee, yes. I'm exhausted from this long trip.'

'Ivy, can you please prepare a coffee? I shout from the living room. Ivy comes from the kitchen.

'Sorry, Dorian?'

'Our guest would like a coffee while she waits for our other house guest.'

'Of course. Right away.' Ivy watches me with consent in her eyes. She returns with a coffee in a few moments and then leaves back to the kitchen. I can see Cain hidding behind the kitchen door, holding the small gun in his hand. I silently nod at him and just as the evil bitch takes a sip of her coffee, Cain shoots her with the serum.

For a moment, time stops. I look at the bitch's face and see her sipping her coffee with her eyelids closed. She puts down her cup and looks at me with pure evil in her eyes.

'You fool. You thought a bullet could kill me?' In a second she's right in front of me choking me with her left hand while lifting me up in the air.

'Tell me where she is or I will break your neck this instance!!!'

Ivy and Cain come running from the kitchen. Ivy starts screaming to distract her attention. She looks away from me and I can feel her hold getting weaker. It must be the serum.

'Please, don't kill him. She went shopping. I swear to God. Just please don't kill us.' Ivy is stalling so the serum can work its magic.

'Hmmm.. I love the way humans beg for their pesky little lives.'

She begins to lower me from her hold and I can see confusion in her eyes.

'What is it, bitch?' Not feeling so well?' I smirk at her.

'How dare you speak to me like that?' And then she snaps my neck.

Selena

I hear Ivy screaming and decide to go upstairs. Ivy is pregnant. I can't let the bitch harm her or Cain. As soon as I climb the stairs I see her. My worst fear. My worst demon. She sees me and forgets about Ivy and Cain. Dorian is on the floor. She killed him. Tears run down my face as I look at the man I love. Ivy shakes her head and whispers 'Run!' But I don't want to run. I will face her. I have people who love me. I must try to fight this time. She must pay for what she did to me and to Dorian.

'Look who decided to show up. The leech.'

'You are not taking me away again, you evil bitch.'

'Looks like you grew a sort of backbone while getting fucked by this dead fellow. I always knew you'll be a slut, just like your mother.'

'Just like you, you mean.'

'Maybe I should just kill you and get it over with. Or maybe I could ruin this pretty face of yours so that nobody will want to help you or love you ever again.' She says while dragging one of her long nails on my cheek until I start bleeding.

'Aaaaarrgghhh!' I scream from the pain.

'You are weak, a disgrace to the oceanids. You have no special powers. Just a waste of divine energy!' She hisses while throwing me on the floor.

And then, in a matter of seconds, I see a hand coming out through her chest, holding her heart out. The bitch collapses and I freeze in shock while tears continue to run down my cheeks.

Dorian

I rip out the bitches heart with my bare hands. She didn't even hear me coming. She was too busy making Selena suffer. It's over. Everything is over now. A feeling of relief floods my body while I fall on my knees next to Selena and pull her into a strong embrace. I don't care about all the blood smudging our clothes. My little dove is safe.

I hear her soft sobs, she is still in shock.

'Cain?'

'Yes, Dorian.'

'Tear this bitch into pieces and feed her to the sharks. Take the blue boat. Do it tonight.'

'Ivy, clean up this mess and put this house, the boat and the car up for sale the first thing in the morning.'

'Where are we going, Dorian?'

'We're going to start a new life.' I tell them both while picking up Selena and carrying her upstairs.