Chapter 38

Selena

It's been one week since my aunt died. We didn't talk much about this around the house. We tried to continue our life as usual. The house has already been sold. Apparently the real estate market on Madeira is quite active. I spent my time mostly in my room, learning things from the Internet and swimming in the ocean. I have a lot of things to catch up to, now that I am free to live my life and enter this world.
Dorian enters my room holding an envelope in his hand.

'This is for you, little dove. Open it.' He says smilling at me.

I open the envelope and find a passport, a birth certificate and an ID card. My eyes get flooded with hapoy tears whole I throw myself in Dorian's arms.

'Read them...'

I look at the documents. Selena Pearl. Born on August 1st, 1993. Mother name Selena Pearl. Father name- blank.

'I don't understand. My mother's name was Melia.'

'Well, I couldn't list her as your mother because you look too young. I needed to create a new identity for you. This way, everybody will think that your mother was Selena Pearl, born in Shanklin. Do you understand what I'm trying to explain to you?'

'I do. I am Selena Pearl, named after my mother and I am 25 years old.' I give him a contagious smile and he returns it to me. 'Thank you, Dorian. You saved me. I owe you everything.'

'You only owe me your love, little dove. That's my payment. That and the baby you will give to me.'

My eyes widden in surprise.

'Baby? What baby?'

'When Ivy took your blood to try and create the serum to fight your aunt she also studied it. She found out you are pregnant. She told me the same day we found out about her pregnancy. Forgive me for not telling you sooner. I was afraid that if you knew then the bitch will know also and will kill you and the baby. Please, forgive me.'

'Dorian?' He lifts his eyes to look at me. 'Shut up and kiss me.'

He lifts me up and spins me in his arms while kissing me sweetly.

'I love you, Selena! You are the best thing that has ever happened to me in my entire existence.'

'I love you too, mon coeur.'

We hold our hands as we go downstairs to have dinner. I can't believe my life now. I reach for my abdomen and place my hand over it, smiling and thanking the Gods for this precious gift.

Ivy and Cain are both focused on a laptop.

'Hey, guys. What are you looking at?'

'The house of our dreams.' Answers Ivy.

'Really? And where is that, exactly?' Dorian asks them.

'It's in Castro Urdiales.' Ivy says while turning the laptop around so we can see the house. It is a huge property on the beach, with a pool and an outdoor kitchen. It has 5 bedrooms, 6 baths, jacuzzi tub and a massive yard. It is perfect for raising our children.

'How's your Spanish, Dorian?' I wink at him.

'You like this house, little dove?'

'I do. It's perfect for raising our children.'

'You finally told her.' Ivy claps her hands.

'Then, nos vamos a vivir en Espana.' Dorian says  making me laugh.

'Pues, parece que si.' I tell him.

'Go pack your bags, little dove. We are going house shopping tomorrow.'

'Can we come too, Dorian?' Ivy asks with big puppy eyes.

'Why not? Let's all have a blast.'

We go together to the kitchen to eat and plan everything for tomorrow. Cain will buy the plane tickets while Ivy books the hotel and the car rental.  By the time we get into bed everything is already set for tomorrow. I fall asleep in Dorian's arms, now the father of my child.

_________________

'Ivy, let's go for a swim. It's good for your body.'

'Selena, I look like a wale, I'd rather stay home and swim in the pool.'

'Nonsense, Ivy. You look wonderful.'

During the past 6 months, Ivy has stopped injecting herself with the serum that kept her young so she has a bit more gray hairs now and a few fine lines under her eyes. She complains all the time about how old she looks and how fat she got during the pregnancy. She's almost 8 months pregnant now. Cain worships her every moment he gets and I laugh together with her at all her silly problems. They really are relationship goals. Both intelligent, both crazy about eachother. I hope me and Dorian will be the same in 200 years.

I look at my round belly. Even though I'm almost 7 months now, my belly is quite huge. It's the same size as Ivy's, if not bigger.

I didn't want to go to a doctor, since I already have Dorian, Ivy and Cain to look after me. Dorian has delivered babies during the wars. There were few doctors then and he tended for both soldiers and other people that came to the hospital. He promised he will deliver my baby girl safely.

'A penny for your thoughts, sweetie?' Ivy sits next to me.

'Oh Ivy, I was just analyzing my beautiful belly, that's the same size as yours, might I say. I can't wait to hold my baby girl for the first time.'

'How do you know it's a girl, sweetie?'

'Well, in my line of family there's always been only girls. Since the very beginning. I doubt that it will change now.'

'I see.. Does Dorian know he's about to become a baby girl daddy?

'No. He doesn't. I want it to be a surprise for him.'

'It will most certainly be a huge surprise. Anyway, aren't you in pain from all this weight you carry around? She asks me while streching her back.

'Not really. I mean, I do sleep more and have weird cravings, but apart for that, my body is handling this very well.'

'The perks of being a goddess, right?' She mocks me.

'Oh, come on, healer. Just because you're 200 years old, you shouldn't mock me.' I tell her while sticking my tongue out.

'Very mature, sweetie. Very mature. How about that swim, now?

'You want to come?'

'We both look like wales, so why not?

We go on to the beach and get into the water. I start swimming further away while Ivy remains closer to the shore. I start singing my healing song for all the fish to hear it. I close my eyes and listen to the ocean's reply.

Thank you, Selena. Thank you for returning to me, for healing my children, for taking care of me.

It's like a soft whisper in the wind. I smile at myself and dive into the depths. It's time for me to do some cleaning up and some oceanic matchmaking.

____________

A couple of years after publishing this book, as I was reading through the comments posted by all of you, I realized maybe I need to clarify this for you. While Dorian was the one to finally kill her aunt and eventually saved Selena from her, it's Ivy that saved Selena's life. She guarded her from Dorian and his beastly ways since the very beginning and with her intelligence, created the serum that weakened her aunt and allowed Dorian to kill her. Ivy is the unsung hero of the story and one my favorite characters to write.

Rant over 😁 Thank you all for your votes and comments! 💛