Chapter 33

Selena

We stay in the pool for around 2 hours. I feel my body recharge with the energy of the ocean. Of course, salt baths did help a little, normal water also, but nothing compares to the force of ocean water.
I feel replenished, alive, powerful again. My skin recovered completely the moment I entered the pool. My branchiac opened as well, allowing me to breathe under water.
I slowly allow myself to sink on the bottom of the pool so I can feel the ocean inside my mind. It is calling for me louder than ever. My heart aches knowing I can't return.

Dorian

She went underwater 2 minutes ago. What is she doing? 'Fuck!' I say panicked and dive after her.

As I reach to grab her waist she opens her eyes and looks at me. Then I look at her face and at her hair flowing around her and see the branchiac behind her ears. I raise above the water, feeling like a fool. She follows me to the surface also.

'What did you try to do, Dorian?' She asks me amused.

'I.. nevermind.'

'You what? You thought I was drowning?' I hear her small laugh.

'How the fuck should I know you can breathe underwater?'

'Well, I'm immortal, remember?' She laughs at me.

'Yeah... I keep forgetting that.' I tell her. I'm quite pissed off and she's not helping. 'Next time, just give me a Heads up or something.'

'Who says there will be a next time?'

'What do you mean by that, Selena?

'Oh, nothing DORIAN. What happened to little dove?' she asks me visibly annoyed.

'I.. nothing.' My words fail me. I don't know what to tell her.

And then, it starts to pour.

'Come on, let's go before this place becomes dangerous for you.'

I get out of the pool and turn around to watch her as she slowly steps out. The way the water caresses her skin makes me want to kiss all the droplets away. Suddenly flashes with our previous night come to my mind and I feel myself growing hard. I turn around real quick so she doesn't see me and get into the car. She takes the towel from the back seat and wraps it around her then she joins me.

Selena

I can see his eyes are darkening. His face is frowned and I know this probably means two things: he wants to drink me or he wants to fuck me. Both thoughts make my skin burn with desire. I know he can smell my arousal. I can see him growing harder as he tries to focus on the road.

I let out a small sigh and he turns around to look at me. His pupils are now fully dilated, his breathing is deeper than usual.

I open my mouth but decide to not say anything. I don't want him to touch me. I can't allow myself to fall even more for him, so I turn my head the other way and start looking outside the window.

As we enter the house, he grabs my hand and turns me towards him. His eyes are conpletely dark now. He looks confused.

'What was that, Selena?'

'What was what, Dorian?' It gives me great pleasure to use his name in a sarcastic way. 'I think you are hungry. Go drink something, or someone.' And I turn around and go to my room, locking the door behind me.

I hear him following me. He reaches the door and tries to enter.

'Selena? Why did you lock yourself? Selena?' He starts knocking really hard. 'Selena!?'

I ignore him and go wash the salt water away and I go to sleep. This will definitely help me fully recover from this weird feeling of exhaustion that has taken over me. Ten days alone with him have put a toll on my body.

I drift into a deep sleep as I haven't had in a while.
_________

I wake up the sound of my door breaking. I open my eyes in panick and see Dorian running towards my bed.

Dorian

She hasn't come out from her room since yesterday evening. She's not answering the door. It's stil locked.
She hasn't eaten anything in 24 hours.
I panick sitting outside her door. Then I start punching it until it breaks and I see her layed down on the bed. She looks pale again. I run towards her and grab her in my arms. Her skin feels cold.

'Dorian, what are you doing? You broke my door?'

I look at her with relief and I kiss her lips thanking the universe she is OK. She jumps from my kiss and pushes me away.

'What are you doing, Dorian? You broke my door just so you can have your way with me and then leave?

'What the fuck is that supposed to mean, Selena? You've been locked in your room since yesterday afternoon. It almost 10pm. I got fuckin scared! And what the fuck is that with me having my way with you?'

'Oh, I don't know. It's not like I'm not immortal, just like you. You keep pretending to forget that just so you can fuck up my mind and body some more, right?' She yells at me.

'Are you fuckin' crazy? You can be immortal but that won't stop me from keeping you safe and worrying about you.' I yell back at her.

'Worry? Safe? Stop with the bullshit, Dorian. If you want to fuck me some more, come on. Fuck me. But have the decency to stop playing with my feelings.' She glares at me while taking her nightgown off and exposing her breasts to me.

'For fuck's sake. Put your dress back on. You've lost your goddamn mind.'

She puts it back on and starts screaming at me.

'You've made me lose my mind. You used me, you fucked me senseless and then decided to run away, like a coward! Or did you not think I would realize your game 2 days ago? I opened my eyes and looked at you with my heart on a plate, Dorian and you ran away! Because you don't need my heart! You only need the blood my heart is pumping and my body! You sick bastard!'

I feel my control slipping and decide to walk away before I do something that could hurt her even more. I hear her screaming and crying behind me.

'That's it, Dorian! Run away again. I didn't know vampires could be such pussies!'

I growl with anger and go to my room. I will let Ivy calm her down tomorrow.