Chapter 18

Dorian

It has to be done, I tell myself. He touched her, now he needs to pay. I can't let him take her away from me. She can never leave me.

I cover my face with my hands and I don't hear Ivy coming in my room.

'So, how was your day? Of course she came to question me. I roll my eyes.
'I just saw her. She looks really happy. She was singing while trying out all the things you bought for her. It's actually a delight to see her like this.'

'I guess so.' I try to be evasive.

'Don't I GUESS SO me, Dorian!' You worry about the girl just as much as I do. Hell, you even care for her.'

'Now, you speak my language, Ivy. Hell, I've come to know more about it ever since she came here.'

'Cut the crap, Dorian. You like her presence here.'

'Oh, yeah. Having a constant boner combined with a raging thirst all the time is my kind of party.' Ivy is shocked by my words.

'Language, Master Dorian.' She scolds me with a small smirk on her face and then she leaves my room.

It's already night outside. I go to Selena's room to see her. The door is locked. She remembered what I told her.

'Good girl.' I smile at myself and head outside.

I need to find that bastard. Luckily, I snapped the card he left on the table. It's a card from hotel Roca Mar. I smile to myself. It's been a while since I've done some hunting.

As I reach the hotel I can smell him. He's outside, first floor, on the balcony.

'You're making this too easy for me.'

I wait until he goes inside the room and I climb on his balcony. He comes outside again to check the noise and sees me. Before he could do anything, I take him by the neck and jump on the beach with him. The beach is completely empty and dark. Nobody's around but I can't risk anybody seeing me.

'The fuck, man?' he covers his eyes from the sand. I give him a hard punch in the face to knock him out and drag him towards fishermen cave.  He wakes up just in time for my fun to begin.

'What the fuck are you doing, man?' He yells. I punch him again, but not so hard this time. I like the blood with no cloths, you see.

He throws a solid punch back at my left jaw and I punch his nose. Blood starts pouring out.

'Fuck this. I'm not going to let my dinner get wasted on the sand.' I tell him. Then I let my canines out as my eyes darken and I look at him, fully transformed.

He starts screaming like a little girl.

'Not so much of a man when you're not trying to seduce my lady, right?

I grab him by the neck, lift him in the air and I bite him hard. He keeps throwing punches towards me, trying to escape but I pull back a little and bite him again.

His blood was pouring rivers, making a total mess. Slowly, his heart-rate starts to decrease and his blood flow drops. He's almost dead. I drag him by the shirt towards the ocean, swimming with him far away from the shore.

It will take some time for him to wash off on the beach, that is if the sharks don't take care of him.

I swim back to the shore and start walking home. My clothes are wet and are sticking to my skin.

As I reach the house, I see the lights on in the living room.

'Where have you been?' Her melodic voice fills my ears, making me forget about what I've just done. I turn my head towards her and I see her wearing a long t-shirt that belongs to me.

'The most important question is why are you stealing my shirts, little dove.'

A soft blush appears on her cheeks as she replies to me. 'We forgot to buy pajamas so I went to your room and took a shirt from you. I hope you're not mad.'

'Not at all, little dove. I think that's the best day that shirt's ever had.' I wink at her and go to my room to change.

When I get back to the living room I see her watching a movie, curled up in a ball, her legs on full display. I choke on air as I stare at her.

'Dorian, don't just stay there. Come here and join me.' She calls me over.

I take a seat on the couch next to her. She leans on my shoulder like it's her favorite pillow.

'Thank you for today, Dorian. It was very kind from you to take me shopping.' She then lifts her head to kiss my cheek but I turn my head and capture her lips. She gasps at my action but doesn't move away.

Her lips are the sweetest nectar I have ever tasted. I softly bite her lower lip and she opens her mouth for me to claim. I kiss her slow, afraid of the desire that burns inside of me.  I start to feel my instincts taking over me so I stop. I kiss her small nose and pull her to my chest without saying a word.

She doesn't say anything. She starts to bite her thumb, but she remains silent. After a few minutes, I hear her heartbeat slow down and her breathing steady and I know she's fallen asleep. I start thinking about what I did today. I fucked a total stranger, fed on her and killed a man simply because he dared to give her his number. I am a monster, a demon from hell and she... is an angel. I look down at her to see her smiling in her sleep. I feel a wave of guilt taking over me.

I'm a monster. She deserves better than me.

So I lift her in my arms and carry her to her bedroom. Before I leave, I place the bag with her bathing suit on the nightstand.