Chapter 39

Dorian

James Alexander Farooh was born yesterday, July 31st, 2018. He is healthy and strong. He came out in the world kicking and screaming. Ivy wanted to deliver her baby at the hospital, given the fact that he is human, of course. Everyone is beyond ecstatic to have a baby's cries in the house and that makes me very anxious to finally meet mine.

Today is Selena's birthday but she isn't feeling very well so I cancelled all the birthday plans I made and just cuddled next to her in bed, watching netflix and eating chocolate cake.

I look at this beautiful woman and I can't believe that I met her just about a year ago and now she will be the mother of my child. Yes, we jumped into our relationship without thinking about nothing else but our love, but I never imagined that her being a goddess means she can have babies even with me, a vampire.

How I love her. She is stunningly beautiful inside and out. She's been through hell and back, but still manages to stop and smell the flowers, pet all cats and take care of the ocean. She heals everything she touches, including my soul. This woman makes me want to repent for my sins and try to heal the world with her.

'Little dove, I have a present for you.'
'Dorian, I said no presents.'
'Just open it.'

She slowly opens the envelope I give to her and takes out the documents. She starts reading through the first page and looks at me with a confused look on her face.

'I've created a foundation for preserving the oceans. The Pearl foundation is my gift to you, so that you can gather other people and work together on keeping our oceans alive.'

She doesn't say a word. Her eyes are wet and her face glows with joy. She throws herself towards me, trying to kiss me but stops before doing it.

'Dorian?' She looks at me with her big shinny eyes, 'my water broke.'

'Well, there goes the matress.' I joke at her.

'Why are you so calm about this? The baby is coming!' she starts to freak out.

I hear Cain on the hallway, with Ivy. They just returned from the hospital with their newborn son.

'Cain, can you please come here?' I shout so he can hear me.

I go to the bathroom to grab some towels to try and dry the bed. Cain comes to the room.

'What, Dorian?'

'My water broke. Help me stand, please Cain.'

'Ok, Ariel. Don't panic. You are going to be fine. Let's get you to the lab.'

'Don't call me that, you big baby.'

'Kids, can we stop with the teasing game and go to the lab now? I have to take a look and see how dilated you are, little dove.'

We help her walk to the lab and she lays down on the exam table. She's at around 5 cm. She arches her back in pain while she looks at me with anger.

'I wish I were a seahorse.'

I laugh at her remark. 'Humour is not lost on you yet, little dove. Focus on your breathing and stand up. You need to walk a little.'

'I don't want to walk, I want this baby out of me. Now!'

'You're not fully dilated, little dove. Let's walk a little and then I'll look again to see where we stand.'

'I can't do this, Dorian. It feels like somebody is stabbing my back and my stomach.'

'Yes you can, little dove.'

'Cain, please stock the room with clean towels, gloves, sterile trays and everything else needed, just like we discussed a few days ago.' He nods and starts preparing everything I ask.

'I'm only 8 months. Why do I have to give birth now? I am not mentally prepared for labour.'

'Our baby is anxious to meet us, my love. Come on, let's walk back to the lab.'

'Selena, sweetie. Breathe. Focus on breathing. You are strong, my dear child.' Ivy slowly walks towards me a hugs me softly. 'You can do it.'

Selena

'Aaaaarrrgghhhh!!! I can't do this anymore!' I cry my lungs out. The pain is excruciating. I feel like my entire body is ripped in half.

'The head is out, Selena. Just another push and you will meet your baby.' Ivy holds my hand.

'I swear to God this baby will come out holding my heart in his hand.'

'Stop being silly, Selena. At the next contraction push hard.'

'Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrhhhhhggghhh!'

And then my world stopped. My heart found a new way of loving in that particular moment, the moment I heard my baby girl crying for the first time.

Dorian was holding her in his arms with fascination. He was crying. He came to me and sat her on my chest but before I could wrap my arms around my baby I felt another contraction coming and started screaming again.

'Aaaaaaaarrrggghhh!'

'What the fuck? Ivy, take the baby away!'

He went to see why I was screaming and he choked on his words.

'Twins?'

'You are never coming near me with that thing in your pants! Never again, Dorian!' Ivy giggles while she holds my baby girl.

'Push, my love. Push hard.'

'Aaaaaarrrggghhg!' I try to focus on my breathing but I am so tired. I feel my vision blurring. 'I can't do it, Dorian. I don't have the strength.'

'Yes you do, little dove. You are the strongest and kindest woman I've ever met. And you are the mother of my children. Push, my love. One big push.'

'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgghhhh!' I give a final push and I black out just as I hear another cry fill the air.

I wake up later, in the small bed in the nursery. I feel like my body has been torn apart and glued back together. So much for being a goddess. Dorian is sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at me with a warm smile. He takes my hand and kisses it.

'Do you want to meet our children?' He ask while getting up and walking towards the crib. Cain joins him as they each pick up a baby. They place them in my arms and I start to cry softly. My heart feels like it's about to explode. My whole life before feels worthless. They are the meaning of my life now. The reason I breathe or wake up in the morning.

'Why are they dressed in different colours?'

'Because they are different.'

'I can see that. But why blue?

'Because, little dove, you gave me a precious daugther and a handsome son.'

My face falls off. What about the whole 'all babies were born girls in my family lineage' thing?

'I have a boy and a girl. Heavens. A boy and a girl!!!' I kiss them both while crying from happiness.

'So any ideas about the names?' He asks me.

'I would like the girl to be named Isabella. I kinda fell in love with this name when we moved here.'

'If you don't mind, I would also like to name her Sofia, like my mother.' Dorian adds.

'I love it. Sofia Isabella Black.'

'And what about our son? I was thinking maybe name him after your father.'

I am a little surprised by his proposal but I love it.

'Theodore it is, then. Would you like to also pick a name?' I ask him while looking at my babies.

'Hmm... How about my name? After all, you did promise I will never touch you again so he is the only son I'll ever have.' He laughs.

'Theodore Dorian Black. I love it. And I love you, Dorian.'