Chapter 23

Selena

I wanted to ask Ivy if she would like to join me for a movie. So here I am, in her doorway, when my fragile hint of hope shattered.

'You've got to be kidding me, Dorian. You say you think about the girl all the time and you go around and fuck a waitress?' I hear Ivy scolding Dorian.

My soul goes numb, my vision starts to blur. He tricked me, he played me. I was so stupid to think someone like him could love me. It's just like my aunt said. No man will love me. No man will want me.

My breathing starts to fail me. I can't breathe anymore. My head burns with pain, while the voice of the ocean screams louder and louder, calling for me.

And then, everything goes black.

Dorian

We drove all night to get to London. We changed 2 planes to get to Madeira. Overall, 24 hours later we arrived home. I didn't speak with Cain the whole trip, altough he isn't the one that fucked that waitress. I am. How can she want me after knowing what a low life scumbag I am?

My anxiety reaches a whole new level when we enter the house. Her scent is dancing in the air... salt water and waterlilies. 'She's still here.' I murmur in disbelief.

'Before you go to her, grab a bag of blood from the fridge. You haven't fed in 24 hours. Oh, and take your shot.' Cain tells me, his head bowed down.

'Thank you. I will do that. Good night. And Cain, take Ivy and go some place nice for the week, just the two of you. Leave as soon as you wake up. See you after the conference.' He nods and disappears on the stairs.

I go to the kitchen and dry 2 bags. I take my shot and head towards her room. It's 2 am. She's definitely sleeping.

As I open her door, my heart breaks in a milion pieces. The nightstand light is turned on. Her skin is lifeless, there are dry salty tears on her cheeks. Her hair is tangled on the pillow.

She's dreaming something bad because her face is a mixture of all sorts of emotions while she talks in her sleep.

'No, Dorian. Don't let the ocean take me. I thought you would protect me!...Don't let go.'

I fall on my knees next to her bed as I think about what I've done. Within a month, this woman has become the center of my world. Damn, from what I know, she is my world now. And I broke her. I silently pray she will forgive me. I don't want to lose her. I will find a way to make this possible, to become a good man just for her.

'Little dove, I am here. I came back. Forgive me, little dove for I am a fool and I was scared of all the emotions you brought back to my life.' I whisper to her.

I turn off the light and gently climb her bed, pulling her into my arms. She whimpers at my touch and I die a little more inside because of all the guilt that's eating me alive.

'I'm here, little dove. I'm here. Forgive me.' I whisper to her, while kissing her warm forehead. In this moment I am not a vampire anymore. I am just a stupid man terrified to lose the most precious person in his life.

'Dorian?' I hear her small voice. 'Is this a dream?' She reaches to touch my face with her hand while I look at her with guilty eyes.

'It's not a dream, little dove. I am really here.' I whisper to her ear and feel her shiver.

'Don't, Dorian. Why are you doing this to me?' She says to me with a weak voice. I can hear her hearbeat spike up and smell her desire of her skin. I could use my charms a little and she would be mine tonight. Desire starts pouring through my veins while my eyes darken. My selfish needs cloud my judgement completely and I reach for her lips. She doesn't resist me.

Mature content ahead

I start kissing her gently, nibbling at her lower lip to ask for access. She slightly opens her mouth and I start exploring it with my tongue. Our lips dance together as our tongues softly touch. I deepen the kiss and I hear her gasp for air. I bite her lower lip, igniting all her senses. My body is rock tense because of how she makes me feel. I climb above her and start kissing her neck.

My fangs come out but I don't try to hide them. The room is completely dark so she won't see me. I graze her neck with my fangs, making her gasp in surprise, then I move lower, to her tiny nightgown. I lower the strap off her right shoulder and reveal her plump breast. Her skin is all flushed with desire, her scent is more stronger than ever. It's getting hard for me to control my urges. I reach for her nipple and start to lick and suck on it, while my hand travels down her body, between her legs. I start drawing small circles on her panties, pressing on her clit and I hear her panting, grabbing the sheets. She's so wet and responsive and my body reacts to her immediately in such a way that it becomes painful for me. I want more. I crave her in the most devious ways possible, like a junkie craves for a fix.

I roll down the other strap and start playing with the other breast. She pants and arches her back, pushing her navel further into my palm.

End of mature content

My control fades almost completely and I let one of my canines scratch her left breast, drawing out a little blood. Before I could lock my lips on the cut I hear her sobs.

She is crying. I hurt her. I'm a monster. I made her suffer.

I snap out of my lust controlled thirst as I realize what I've done. She turns out the light and looks at me with tears on her cheeks. The reality of my actions hits me like a truck. 

'What have I done? I whisper while lowering my head.

'Please Dorian, just go.'

I let out a deep sigh while I close her door. I'm a monster. I must let her go.