Chapter 35

Selena

The last 2 days were beautiful. Dorian spent all his time with me, talking, cooking, swimming in the rock pools. Everything feels like a dream but I can't shake the feeling something bad will happen.

As I sit on he edge of the rock pool, I close my eyes and focus my mind on hearing the voice of the ocean. 'Selena, be careful. You are in danger. Be careful, Selena and come back to me.'

I open my eyes and look terrified at Dorian. I'm frozen in fear. He notices my panic and swims to me, all worried.

'What's wrong, little dove?' he asks pulling me in his arms.

'The ocean spoke to me again. It said that I am in danger. She's coming for me, Dorian. She found me. The ocean always tells me when she is coming for me. I need to get out of here. I need to run. You need to help me, Dorian. Don't let her take me back! Please, I beg you!' I start crying uncontrollably while my body is shaking from fear. 

'How did she find you, little dove. You didn't go into the ocean.'

'That's not important now, Dorian. She's coming. She is evil. She has powers that an oceanid shouldn't normally have.'

'Let's go home and discuss some more with Ivy. They should have already arrived. I'm sure she can come up with a plan.'

He carries me outside the pool and seats me in the car while I continue crying. I can't be apart from him. It will kill me. I love him so much. I can't imagine living without him. I don't want to live without him. I'll rather kill myself than let her take me away again.

Ivy greets us with her arms wide opened when we get home. She sees me crying and immediately turns to Dorian.

'What did you do to her this time, Dorian?' She asks him with a deadly glare.

'He didn't do anything to me. She's coming to take me back. She's going to take me away from you all. Please kill me. I don't want to go back with her.' 

I throw myself in Ivy's arms while I cry my heart out until I feel my breathing feeling really heavy and a terrifying panic running through my body and I black out.

Dorian

She fainted. I ask Cain to take her to my room and return to have a talk. I tell them about what Selena has been through, how her aunt is a monster, how she is also an oceanid and can be killed if her heart is ripped out of her chest.

'I did a little search on oceanids. I didn't find much. Only references from the Greek mythology and stories about them having the power to control the weather, the sea, to make sea life thrive and regenerate. If she said her aunt has powers that are not usual to an oceanid, then it will be really difficult to kill her.' says Ivy.

'Yeah, you may be right, but has she ever encountered a vampire?' I raise my eyebrow.

'Let's hope not. It's the only chance we have. Until we fix this, nobody leaves the house. I hope you still have blood bags.'

'I have around 10 blood bags.'

'If it comes to that, you will feed on us in order to save as much blood, but you mustn't leave the house.' Ivy says.

'No, Ivy. He will only feed on me. You haven't exactly been well lately and I don't want you in danger.' Says Cain.

'Fiiine. I'll go to the lab and prepare a very strong tranquilizer to shoot the evil bitch with. If we can't kill her, maybe we can put her to sleep.'

'While you are there, can you please do some blood tests for yourself? Just to be sure you are ok.'

'Come on, Cain. you are exaggerating.' says Ivy.

'Humor me. After all, we are not immortal, Ivy. Remember that we live only as long as we take good care of our bodies.'

'Geeez.. OK. Tests it is.'

Ivy leaves the room and I remain with Cain. 

'Don't let her open the door if somebody comes.' I tell him.

'I think she's pregnant.' Cain says.

'You think or are you sure?'

'More like, I hope. It's about time we stop grieving Rose. It's been what? 170 years since then?'

'I'm sorry I found her too late, Cain. You know that. I didn't knew you had a child the night I saved you and Ivy from that fire.'

'I know, Dorian. I know. But who would have known that our speech at the conference will endanger our lives. We were lucky you followed us home that day.'

'Still, I'm sorry, man. I hope Ivy can forgive me too.'

'She never blamed you, Dorian. She cares about you as if you were her brother. We both do. Don't think about such things. We have a much bigger problem to deal with now.' Cain leaves the room and I am left alone with my thoughts.

I feel panic running through my body and clouding my mind. I can't lose her. I choke on air and feel my entire body shaking. My mind feels like a whirlpool of emotions. I can't live without her. She is the best thing that happened to me in this world. She is my moon and I am the dark sky. She is my redemption from a life filled with sins. I don't know if fate is playing a twisted game, trying to punish me for all my sins by taking her away from me, but I refuse to live without her. If she dies, I die. Or at least I will die trying to save her.

Selena

I hear Ivy's voice calling me and I open my eyes.

'Hello, sweetie. Dorian has told me your story. I'm so sorry you had to live all those terrible things. How are you feeling?'

'I feel nauseous and frightened.' I tell her. Ivy caresses my face and kisses my forehead.

'Listen, sweetie. I need a sample of your blood to use it for creating a tranquilizer that could put the evil bitch to sleep. Is it OK for you?'

'Her name is Clytie. And yes, Ivy. Take as much as you want.' I tell her while she prepares her utensils.

I feel a small pinch and then a little pain and a few seconds later she tells me it is done. When I look at her, I see four vials of blood on her tray. She puts a small band aid on the place she pinched and them smiles at me.

'I think this will be enough. I will tell Cain to bring you some food. It's already dark outside. Maybe you should take a shower until he gets here.'

I go and take a shower and when I return I find Dorian in my room holding a sandwich for me.

'It seems like you live on a sandwich diet, lately, little dove. You need to eat more things.'

'That's the last of my worries, Dorian.'

He puts the plate on the nightstand and wraps his strong arms around me.

'I will keep you safe, little dove. Trust me. I will drain that bitch and then rip her heart out. I won't let anyone hurt you as long as I will exist on this earth. I will never leave your side, little dove.'

Hearing his words, everything that's happening, my heart clenches in my chest. I sob softly in his arms, knowing that I might never feel his embrace again. He kisses my hair and lift my chin to look into my eyes.

'I love you, little dove'

____________________

There you have it :) he said the words. Took him a while.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.