Chapter 17

Selena

I sit at the table eating the pizza I ordered. It tastes delicious. I wish I had this in my life before. Dorian is lost in his own thoughts. He didn't order anything for himself.

'This is sooo good, Dorian. Are you sure you don't want a bite?' I ask him excited.

He looks at me and I can see his face change. How I wish I knew more about people, about their reactions in general, how to read emotions. He looks like a hungry man would look at his food. At least that's what I can see in his eyes. Hunger. A flash of darkness passes again in his eyes.

He lowers his gaze upon my t-shirt and I start feeling uncomfortable, as if I am standing naked in front of him.

Out of the blue, he tells me 'I was thinking we should buy you a bathing suit and some lingerie.'

I look at him in total shock. What on Earth got him thinking about that? I turn red from embarrassment. He is thinking about me in lingerie? I chase that thought away from my mind and try to speak.

'Lin.. lingerie?'

'Yes, little dove. Lingerie. You know... underwear. Bras..'

'Oh my.. I know what you mean, Dorian. Please stop talking about it. You're making me feel uncomfortable.' And just then I feel all my blood reaching my cheecks and I facepalm myself mentally because I probably look like a tomato.

I notice his pupils dilate and his lips part and I wait for him to speak. My breathing fastens and I feel a strange tension in my lower abdomen. It makes my body shiver.

'Excuse me, little dove. I have to go use the bathroom. Can you wait here until I return?' In a second he gets up and walks away before I could say anything.

I am scared of being alone. I start to panic and the voice of the ocean starts tormeting my mind again.

'Selena... you can't ignore me forever. You will give up in the end. You belong here. Don't try to fight it anymore.'

I close my eyes as a small tear escapes on my cheek. A passer-by notices my distress and interrupts my panic episode.

'Are you alright?' He asks. He looks like a nice person. He is a tall man with brown hair and green eyes. He smiles warmly at me. 'Can I sit down next to you? You don't look ok.'

He takes a seat before I can answer him and starts talking to me as if he's known me his entire life. I am surprised by his actions. Are all people so straightforward?

I start to relax a little. At least I am not alone and he doesn't seem to want to harm me.

'I'm sorry. You must think I'm a total nuthead speaking here with you, but you have the most unique eyes I've ever seen and your beauty is simply breathtaking.' I burst into laughter taken aback by his frankness as he reaches to touch my hand.

Right then, Dorian appears from the crowd, with a dangerous look in his eyes.

'I think you should go', I tell the stranger. 'Dorian is back.'

'Excuse me, you're in my seat.' He says between his clenched teeth.

The man looks at me confused, then he looks at Dorian and then back at me.

'Oh. I didn't know you were here with somebody. Anyway, I'm leaving. Give me a call someday. I would love to take you out.' He says putting a small card on the table in front of me.

At this point, Dorian looked very calm. 'This man is something else. He can go from flaming rage to calm in a second.'

The stranger walks away and Dorian relaxes a little more.

'Let's go buy that lingerie we were talking about, little dove.' he has that smirk on his face again.

I roll my eyes at him and push myself off the chair, losing my balance. He catches me again.

'You really are making a habit from falling into my arms.' He tells me while looking deep into my eyes.

His lips are slightly parted. I can feel his breath, hot and cold at the same time. My body lights up from the closeness of his body. I part my lips and I think about how his mouth would taste on mine. I am completely under his spell now as I see the space between us dissappear. I close my eyes to try to steady my heart and I feel his lips touching the corner of my mouth.

'I apologyze for leaving you alone for so long.' He says afterwards and offers me his arm.
I take it and we start walking towards the lingerie shops while I try to calm myself down.

We enter a small boutique and I am amazed by all the lovely textures and designs around. Dorian goes and picks up a matching set of underwear, a dark red colour. It's so delicate.

'I think lace would look perfect on your skin,' he says nonchalantly.

My throat dries and my words fail me. All I can do is nod in approval. He then goes on to pick two more sets: one completely black and one that's ivory. Both of them look lovely. I pick some pairs of panties and he insists I try on bathing suits.

The thought of him seeing me in a bathing suit makes my legs shake and my heart skip a beat.

'Please Dorian, just pick something you like for me and I am sure it will be perfect. I am already tired and we still have clothes to buy.' I speak softly.

'Fine, I will pick something for you, but you can't see it until we go for a swim together.' That smirk again.. I pout but I accept his deal. His eyes are already glowing with mischief.

After he pays we go to another shop that has all sorts of clothes and, the most important, dresses.

We walk around the stands and I pick a red dress that has a pearly shine and looks really tight. He goes around and comes back holding a turquoise dress. It flows like the ocean waves, the fabric so soft and delicate.

'It matches your eyes.'he says looking very proud of himself.

I smile at him and chose two more dresses, two pairs of shorts, two pairs of jeans and a few t-shirts and blouses.

We laugh around and say silly jokes. He seems very happy and relaxed. Seeing him like this makes my heart feel warm. I feel the need to hold him close in my arms.

He buys me ice cream and watches me as I make a total fool of myself while trying to eat it. I am happy, for the first time in a long time- I am happy. But I am also confused. I don't understand what I feel. I've known this man for 2 weeks now. We haven't spoken much, yet my stomach  flutters every time he walks in the room and I yearn for him to touch me.

But the most important thing is that the voice of the ocean dissappears whenever he's around me.