Chapter 13

Selena

First I get out of the shower and I fall in front of him, almost naked. Now I kissed him? Did I kiss him? What did he mean by that? I haven't kissed anyone before...

Why is he playing games with my mind? I'm already tormented by the voice of the ocean. It's not as loud as before, but it's still there. It keeps tormenting my dreams. 

I start brushing my hair, put on a tank top and some shorts from Ivy thinking that I really need some clothes. Ivy comes into the room.

'Come on, sweetie. Let's go downstairs for breakfast. It's time to stretch those gorgeous legs of yours.'

'You still have to help me, Ivy. I can't walk very well yet and the stairs scare me a little.'

Ivy takes my arm and supports me while I walk down the stairs. While passing by his room, Dorian exits into the hallway.

'Selena, are you unwell?' He runs towards me, all worried.

'She is fine, Dorian. Selena just has some trouble walking. She's been through a lot lately, in case you haven't noticed and her legs are weak. She will be fine in a couple of days. She just needs more practice.' Ivy fills in. 

Thank God for Ivy. I don't want to lie to Dorian. I mean, I haven't exactly told him the truth, I haven't even had a decent conversation and still, we slept in the same bed, I may have kissed him. What am I doing? I feel my cheeks burning up as I glance at him.

His eyes follows each of my emotions. He studies me closely and then comes and takes my other arm, helping me to the dining area.

We sit down and Ivy places a plate filled with some sort of cakes in front of me. All sorts of fruits decorate the plate and there is a white mousse on top of them. 

'What is this?' I ask.

Dorian looks at me, his eyes wide with amusement. 'Haven't you ever had pancakes before?'

'No, I haven't. I usually ate fruits for breakfast.' 

Dorian takes a sip from a dark glass. I can see that the liquid is red, as it slightly stains his lips. He then continues to question me.

'How old are you, little dove?' Ivy raises her eyebrow when she hears the nickname.

'I am 23 years old. And you, Dorian? 

He flashes a wicked smile again and he answers. 'I am 28 years old.' His eyes burn into me and I suddenly feel a bit lightheaded. I focus on finishing my plate of pancakes hoping he won't ask any other questions, but it doesn't work.

'Where are you from, Selena?' he continues.

'I'm from a small village on the Western coast of France.'

I try changing the subject, afraid of talking about my past.

'Why hasn't Cain joined us for breakfast?' I ask. I see Dorian tightening his fist on the table, his knuckles all white. Ivy notices his reaction too and gives me a small smile.

'My husband has gone to the mainland to do some shopping and run some errands for Dorian. He will return tomorrow.'

'I see. Ivy, will you join me for a walk on the beach since Cain is not around? I need to stretch my legs.'

'I can't, sweetie. I have a lot of work to do in the lab today. But if you go outside, put some more clothes on. It's quite chilly today.'

I blush at her words because I am embarrassed of what I have to say. 

'I don't have any clothes.' 

Dorian lifts an eyebrow, looks me straight in the eyes and tells me 'Then, I guess I'm taking you shopping.'

My entire face drops and I don't know what to say anymore. I just manage to say a small 'Thank you' before Ivy helps me up and takes me to her room to borrow some clothes.

The thought that keeps swirling around in my mind is 'I'm going to town with Dorian. Alone, just the two of us.'