Chapter 4

I see Ivy leaving the room, closing the door silently behind her. I stand there contemplating whether I should go inside or not. Her scent is dancing around me, singing to me, luring me to enter. Ocean and waterlilies, what a strange and unique combination. Humans usually smell like flesh and blood, iron, vitamins, but not her. She smells pure, like a small pond in the middle of the forest.

Before I could wake up from my thoughts, I find myself in front of her door. She is covered with a silk sheet, with her pale hands resting on top of it. Her hair is flowing over the pillows in loose curls that make her look so beautiful. I feel drawn to her and before I can realize what I am doing, I am sitting on the bed, next to her, studying her exquisite face. She has a perfect porcelain skin, a lovely golden hair that shimmers with pearly pink reflexes, plump lips that look as if she had eaten strawberries. For a second, I wonder how her lips would taste.

And just as I thought things have settled down, my fangs come out again and I jump off the bed, running out of the room. I want to taste her blood so bad and I want to protect her at the same time. What a fucked up situation I got myself into.

'What is wrong with me? Why am I acting like a newbie vampire?' I murmur with despair.

'That's what I'm asking myself also', of course Ivy heard me. 'You know, I'm the only person you've saved in the last 200 years and the only reason you saved me is because you knew I was the best scientist at that time and wanted my help with finding out a way for you to walk in the sunlight. And my serum serves you well.' she says.

'Where are you going with this, Ivy?' 

'I just don't understand why you saved her. What is so special about her? She's beautiful, indeed. But she's not the first beautiful woman to ever pass your before your eyes.' she asks.

I snap, 'I don't know, ok? I don't know why I did it. I just did. I don't have to explain anything to you. Remember that you may keep yourself looking all young and pretty with all your potions, but don't test me, Ivy. You are not immortal. Remember your place!' I threaten her just to shut her up. 

'Yes, Master Dorian.' she sais visibly angry and leaves me with my thirst strangling me.

I hear her going upstairs and preparing the loft room. I try to focus my mind on something else, apart from the scent of the woman sleeping in the room next to mine.

I go to my bedroom and take a long hot shower. As I exit the bathroom I hear soft whimpers. I immediately run to her , finding her shaking and sweating. She is burning up with fever. I take her in my arms and go into the bathroom, open the faucet and get into the bathtub with her in my arms while the freezing water is filing it up. The cold water doesn't bother me at all but should help lower her fever. Or it could make her worst. 

'Hopefully, she doesn't catch a pneumonia, or something from this.' I silently pray. 

I stay with her like that for about an hour, my canines elongated, my eyes fully darkened and closed shut, tortured between my newfound feelings and my cravings. Her scent, as mesmerizing as it is, starts to burn my insides with desire. Slowly, my entire body begins hurting from my refusal to taste her blood. My killer instincts are on fire.

I finally notice she stopped shaking. She is breathing steady so I open my eyes and see Ivy sitting in the doorway, looking at me amazed. She doesn't say a word. She just turns around and leaves while I step out of the bathtub carrying her in my arms.

I put her in bed and tuck her in with a blanket this time, thinking again that I don't want her to get sick. She mumbles something and reaches for my hand, touching it.

My skin instantly ignites, my canines elongate again, my eyes darken and I almost reach for her neck when Ivy screams from the doorway.

'Get away from the girl!' and she shoots me with garlic serum.