Chapter 7 :{)

Two weeks had passed quickly and the boys were, once again, settling down at their houses. Hally and I had quite a long time to work out the plan on how to 'discover' James' real emotions and so now it was finally time to put our plan in action. 

Hally and I drive over to Kendall's house to visit him and the guys. We made sure that James was 'busy' doing things for his mum. We walk into Kendall's home and gather around the dining table to talk about this plan. After fully explaining every single detail of the plan, Carlos speaks up.

"You know, I have noticed that James has become less smiley recently," He says.

"Yeah! I think it started around the time when we heard about the tour," Logan includes. We hear footsteps coming closer to the dining room. 

"What started around the time of the tour?" James asks as he gracefully walks into the dining room, "Woah! What's going on here guys?"

"Uh... SURPRISE!!" I scream.

"Surprise for what?" He replies.

"Surprise because... you finally arrived! We're so glad you made it!" Halston says as she wraps her arms around his neck.

"Really? Oh thanks guys! You're the best!" James says, with a huge smile on his face. 

"Do you mind if I talk to you quickly James?" Halston asks nervously, "Privately?"

"Uh, yeah, is everything okay?" James asks. She leads him away. Around the table we share glances of confusion, and, when we're sure that they're out of ear reach, we start talking over each other. Everything's out of hand.

"Is this a secret part of the plan, Nathalie?" Kendall asks.

"No!! This is not part of the plan! She's caved in! We talked about not caving in, and, yet, upon the sight of him, she CAVES!!" I yell, burrowing my head into my arms. 

Kendall places his arm around me, "It's okay. Actually, this is great because now we don't have to do any work!" 

"But what if James and Halston break up with each other?!! Then what are we going to do?" I query. No one answers. We walk into the lounge room and start playing COD when James walks in and announces that he's going home. 

"What happened James?" I ask, getting up from the couch. 

"Nothing. My mum just needs some more help. She keeps bugging me on my phone," he replies. Putting on a fake smile and pointing to his phone doesn't hide the fact that he's hurting on the inside. He walks out of the house and slams the front door shut. I sit back down as silence engulfs the room for minutes before I finally get off the couch and walk out of the house. 

"Where are you going?" Kendall shouts as I walk out of the house.

"I'm going to talk to Hally. James isn't talking so maybe Hally will." I reply, not knowing that Kendall is following me.

"Well, let me come with you. I can drive," Kendall offers.

"I can drive too! And this is a girl's thing," I say. 

"Look, Nathalie," He starts off, grabbing my arm gently," James is my best friend. I need to know what happened too. I want to help him and Hally just as much as you do. Please, let me come." I can't say no to his face. His pleading eyes. His furrowed eyebrows. I nod my head and we head towards his car. 

 We arrive at Halston's house in ten minutes. We push the doorbell and immediately hear soft footsteps tread along the floor. 

"Hally? It's Nathalie and Kendall. Can we please talk to you?" I say.

"Yeah hang on," She replies. We hear many locks and bolts being unlocked, a key turns, the door opens and Hally's face appears, swollen and red from tears. 

"Can we come in?" Kendall asks, breaking the awkward silence. Halston moves away from the door, motioning as to come in. "Is everything okay?" Kendall continues.

"Do you guys want something to drink?" She asks, avoiding the question.

"We're fine. Thanks" I say.

"Food?" She asks.

"We're fine. Hally?" I say.

"What Nat?" She replies.

"Is everything okay?" Kendall repeats.

"Yeah. Everything's fine. Why wouldn't it be? I'm feeling peachy." She says, fighting back her tears.

"Well, James stormed out of the house and you weren't anywhere to be seen. What happened?" Kendall says.

"I'll tell you everything but you can't tell James!" She pleads. We nod. She continues," Well, as you could tell, I caved. I'm sorry but I couldn't spy on him. It didn't feel right. When he stepped into the dining room,  I felt it was my only chance to talk to him before the plan had begun. When I talked to him, I knew what I had wanted to say and ask but nothing came out. He asked me if I was okay. I said no. He, obviously, jumped to conclusions and whispered 'Are you pregnant?!' I shouted No. I then explained that when he's around me, he's not smiling as much and when he does, it seems fake and forced. He agrees with me. He went on to explain that he didn't want to leave me for two months while he travelled around the country on a tour. He said that that's the kind of thing he wanted us to do together one day. Travelling around our country. Together. It's his dream. He said he felt bad about making me feel like he didn't love me when he really did. Then he went on to say that he hated the feeling of leaving someone he loved behind when he went on tour or promotional stuff for the band. Now, this part hit me like a ton of bricks. He slumped down on the bed, put his head in his hands and said the words. I can't get his words out of my head. They're on a continuous loop in my head. "I love you, Halston but if this is how I always act before leaving you, then I... I... I think... No, I know I have to break up with you. I never wanted to make you feel unloved! I'm really sorry, Hally but this is the way it has to be." Then, I burst into tears. He hugged me but I just pushed him off. I stormed out of the room and silently  left the house and drove home. And, from what you're saying, James wasn't too happy either," We sit in silence waiting to digest her information. I get up from my seat and give her a big hug. Kendall and I had to fix this. There was no way they were going to break up just because James becomes freaked before tours.  I know I shouldn't meddle but I have no choice. I can't let them break up. They were so happy in love with each other and now, because of James' stupid thinking, it's all gone down the drain. But not for long because Kendall, Logan, Carlos and I are going to fix this. We have to. It's our duty as their best friends to mend this mere bump in the road.