Chapter 27 :{)

Alrighty then! Chapter 27 is gonna be upsetting maybe. It depends on whether you've created a good or bad bond with Nathalie. So, yeah :D I really hope you've enjoyed this story :D

I can't believe I saw Victoria Justice and she talked to me in front of the whole crowd!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

----- ----- ------ --- ----- -------- ------- ------- ------ ------- ---------

Still Kendall's POV :)

I walk through the hospital towards Nathalie's room. Once I get there, I kiss her on her forehead and settle into the chair situated in the corner of the white room. Suddenly I hear a long beep. It reminds of a movie I watched when the patient had a flat line on the life monitor. Hang on a sec. This can't be happening. I look up at Nathalie, her monitor had a flat line. I call the nurses straight away. I stare in shock as the room becomes whiter than before. Doctors and nurses file in, one after the other.  

A nurse comes up to me, "Please, sir, come with me," 

"No! I have to be here," I say in a daze. 

"Please sir! You don't want to see this. She'll be okay. Don't worry," He replies. 

"No!! I can't!! Please, I need to stay!!" I yell. Another nurse comes up and grabs my other hand. They drag me out of the room. I yell and shout.  

"Nathalie!!!! Please, don't leave!" I repeat over and over again. Once I'm out of the room, the nurses calm me down. They tell me she's going to be alright but I don't believe them. I want to believe them, but I can't. Once someone's dead, aren't they staying dead? Oh my God, she's... She's dead. How could this have happened?! My thoughts race through my brain as the nurses explain calmly how they're going to bring Nathalie back. My brain is in shock. I'm stunned. 

I hear footsteps coming closer and I look up. It's just the guys. Their eyes are red and puffy, just like mine.  

Two hours pass and a doctor comes out of the room. 

"Good evening, Mr Schmidt," he starts, "I have some unfortunate news to tell you, and your friends," 

The tears pour out of my eyes.  

"I realise you're already aware of what I'm going to tell you," he says, "But, Nathalie has passed away. Her brain swelling became worse and eventually took her away from us. I'm very sorry." 

He leaves us alone while he collects the forms.  

"I'll call her Mom," Carlos offers. I nod and walk into Nathalie's room. I look over at her, a white blanket covering her entire body. I kneel down beside the bed and break down even further. I'm such a wreck! After a few minutes, I walk out of the room and rejoin my friends in the lobby area.  

I fill out a few forms and write down my credit card details, whilst Carlos explains this whole situation to Nat's mom. 

An hour later, we're all walking out of the hospital towards our cars and head back to my house. My life is never going to be the same. Without Nathalie, I don't know how I'll live. Okay, that's dramatic but, I have a right to be! I really just want her to be here with me. I love her a lot. I head into my room and my friends sleep on the couches and the spare bedrooms. I'm so thankful to have amazing friends like them. I had a fitful sleep. My dreams weren't dreams; they were nightmares. Basically, Nathalie was haunting me while I replayed the accident in my head over and over again. She was in the passenger seat screaming at me and making me lose concentration. Suddenly, my brain would warp the image into another scene. I would be sitting in the park, reliving one of the last talks with Nat, and she would be listening and caring about what I was saying. I miss her and my brain obviously notices that. I don't sleep for the rest of the night, fearing more nightmares. 

Exactly 2 years later...

"Welcome Kendall Schmidt! It's so good to finally have you back! And this time, by yourself!" Ellen announces.

"Thanks so much for having me! I'm so glad to be back!" I reply. 

"So, how's life?" She asks.

"Actually, despite what today marks, my life is actually alright. The show is done but we have another album coming up and a worldwide tour also coming up, which we're all really looking forward to," I explain. Today marks exactly two years since Nathalie died. My nightmares have started going away but they still occur from time to time.

"I, and surely other Rushers and people, am really glad to hear that you're feeling great. Now, I have this picture of you doing something..." She says, pointing to the monitor. There's a picture  of me with my jeans slightly below the waist line of my underwear. I'm bending down taking a picture with some fans. 

"Hahahahahaha!!!" I laugh.

"Now, that underwear looks very ugly, but I have some," she motions for someone to come, "very special underwear that look very sexy." I get given a very specially wrapped box of Ellen underwear. I take one out and see Ellen's face on the butt part. 

"Hahahahaha!! Thanks so much Ellen! These look, uh, great!" I say. 

"I also have this very special painting for your new house. I know that you love having awesome big paintings in your house!" She says. Another present comes out. It's huge and a blanket covers it. Ellen gets out of her seat and I follow. She reaches for the blanket and shouts, "Ta da!!!" A huge picture is unveiled. Guess what the picture is of - Ellen! Her head takes up the whole canvas of about 6 feet x 5 feet. 

"Hahaha!! That is so gonna give me more nightmares!!" I tell her. 

"Well, that's all we have time for for today! Please thank Kendall Schmidt, Sarah Hyland and Ashley Greene for coming today! See you next time!!" Ellen shouts to the audience as they clap her out. 

"Thank you so much Ellen, seriously!" I say as the audience leaves the studio.

"No problem! I'm so glad you could come! And I'm really sorry about Nathalie. I didn't realise today marked two years," She says.

"It's fine! If you hadn't asked me on your show for today, I would be sitting at home crying. But, instead, I'm here, laughing my head off with you and Sarah and Ashley! So, thank you so much!" I smile. I head out of the studio and jump in the car. I drive towards Carlos' house and prepare for a day out with my friends to keep my mind off Nathalie. 

All in all, I don't think I'll ever be able to move on from Nat. She was amazing and kind and loving. She  understood me. I mean, even though she and I had a fight, it was over something completely reasonable. I wish I had only realised that sooner. The truth is, I feel really guilty about this. And I don't think I'll ever be able to get over it. But whatever happens, and which ever girl I find, I'll tell her everything. I don't want this to happen again! It will never happen again.