A Blade To The Stomach

2

Technically yesterday was my first day here but all I did was unpack and sleep so today is officially my first day in California.

After getting ready and slipping into some booty shorts and a crop top combined with my black and white vans, I put my curls into a tight sleeked back bun and I'm out the door.

Tyler has classes on Saturday so he left two hours ago. So when I exit my room Kane is playing COD on his station, for some reason he's shirtless and wearing sweatpants which shows his impeccably sculpted V-line.

Of course. Boys will be boys. Oops, I mean men will be men.

My jaw drops and I'm literally staring at his abs, standing like a creep. I wasn't ever one to ogle, but holy damn!

"Sorry I forgot you were still here, I'll put on a shirt if you want." Kane's voice  startles me and my attention is back on his face where it should always stay.

"Uh-no it's fine-it's very fine." I sound dumbfounded but to be honest who wouldn't be this man is like a greek god sent from heaven or hell I don't know yet, but I'm certainly intrigued to find out.

With that he turns back to his game and I grab my purse and phone off the kitchen counter, opening and exiting out the front door.

Today I'm going on a tour of the College that I'll be attending. Currently Tyler is attending his second year in this school, Bluemoon University. It's more of an arts type of school. Tyler is studying architecture he's always wanted to design and built projects so he's following his road.

I'll be studying dance, I've always wanted to be a professional dancer or a choreographer so here goes nothing.

Finally arriving at the university, I hop out of the Uber and walk up the ginormous staircase up to the main entrance.

I enter through a big glass door and make a left turn into the front office. A middle aged women with big circular glasses looks up at me and smiles, warmly.

"I'm Quinn Brown, I'm here for the tour." I informed the lady and she nods. She makes a quick call and mumbles something into the office phone sitting on her wooden desk.

Short after, a tall dark skinned man walks in. His pearly white teeth shine as his eyes travel up and down my figure. My face heats up under his heavy glare.

"Mr. Williams will show you around." The women says, pointing at the well built man standing at the doorway, a cheeky smirk playing at his lips.

I make my way towards him and he leads me into an empty hallway.

"Let me see your schedule," He says holding his hand out and I place the paper in his hands, our fingers lightly touching each other.

"Okay so you only have four classes for this semester. Oh, you're a dancer?" He asks looking at my schedule.

"Yeah, well I want to become one." I shyly reply, playing with the rims of my shorts.

"Well I can totally teach you a few things. I'm also a dancer," His pearly white teeth are visible as he smiles down at me.

"My name is Tray by the way."

"I'm Quinn." We shake hands and Tray begins to tour me around the building.

He showed me the cafeteria, the gym, the dance studios, the auditorium, and the free room where you basically study or hang with your friends.

My main course is dancing but I still need to do other things like math and English and I have another elective which is cooking class.

Thankfully I've got Tray for each of my classes at least I've got one friend, right?

"Thank you Tray for showing me around, I'll see you on Monday?"

"Yeah sure lil thing." He pulls me into a hug and I could feel his hands glide downwards to my ass. We pull away and he kisses my forehead.

I'm caught off guard when I hear a car honk, I look to my side to see Kane in his Range Rover.

Confused, I walk over to the vehicle and I hop in.

"Why are you here, I was-"

"Tyler told me to pick you up."'He rudely interrupts me so I choose to stay quiet since Mr. Grinch is in a bad mood.

***

"What are you making?" I'm startled when I hear Kane's voice so suddenly.

Since I was hungry I decided to make rice and chicken. I've got to admit I'm not the best at cooking even after all those lessons from Granny.

"Well I'm trying to make chicken but I don't really know what I'm doing." I embarrassingly show him the bowl, inside contains a full chicken with a big silver blade dug into it's stomach.

He chuckles as  he grabs the bowl and takes out the knife from the chicken. He scrapes off the scaly skin and puts it into the garbage can, using some seasoning things from the fridge he seasons the chicken with his careful hands. In no time, the chicken is now in the oven.

"How did you know-"

"My mom was a chef, she taught me a few things." He shrugs sitting on one of the wooden barstools, with his elbows on the kitchen counter.

"Oh." I simply reply, nodding.

Awkward silence surrounds the air and we're just sitting, looking at each other in complete awe. I didn't notice before but his eyes are a beautiful shade of Caribbean blue. Not the typical kind though, his are different. His are mysterious.

I'd kill for those eyes.

〰️〰️〰️

Edited 7/28/18