Melonface, pig, dickhead

3

Monday morning!

Finally it's Monday, okay so funny thing is even as a little girl I've always gotten excited over the first day of school. Always.

Yep, I was that fat nerdy black girl that literally no one would talk to because she carries around an 100 pack of coloring crayons in her backpack. Yes, the one's with the bonus sharpener.

But I've changed over the years. No braces, no training bras, no bulky squared glasses. I'm a brand new me!

I pick out a white crop top. I grab my tight skinny washed out ripped jeans and my all white vans.

I braid my hair into two side braids and I do my edges so I won't look too messy. Let's not try to draw too much attention.

My phone's alarm goes off indicating it's time to go. Grabbing my bag, my phone, and my keys I dash through the door, excitedly.

Tyler and Kane left half an hour ago to basketball practice, so I'm left taking an Uber. Which reminds me, I desperately need to get my own car soon.

When the driver pulls up at Bluemoon University I dial Tray's number which he had given me while he was touring me.

"Hello? Who is this, if you need weed I don't-" I cut him off.

"It's Quinn,"I stop him from saying anything else knowing I probably would regret hearing it afterwards.

"Oh sorry babe, where are you?"

Umm.

"I'm at the entrance." I reply, awkwardly.

"Okay I see you I'll be right there." He hangs up and I turn to see him and a shorter guy walking next to him.

"Damn Tray you caught a good one." The short guy says creepily looking me up and down. He's pretty attractive if I do say so myself, but not my type.

"Respect her you dumb*ss." Tray says, nudging his little friend on the forearm.

"I'm so sorry Quinn this is Kyle. He has no filter."Tray jokes, pulls me into a tight hug. I can smell his musky cologne though I cannot identify the scent it smelt pretty manly.

"It's fine." I smiled.

***

Okay so I'm in the cafeteria after math class, so far it's been okay. Tray has helped me so much with getting used to all this.

Tray and Kyle are on their phones while I'm just looking at my tray of chicken nuggets and apple sauce.

"Quinny!" I hear a familiar voice call from afar. I turn to see Tyler, Conner, Kane and a few other guys waltz into the cafeteria, confidently.

"There's my little booger!" Tyler pinches my cheeks like I'm a little girl and I slap him on his head making some of the boys chuckle in amusement.

"Shut up Tyler, I've got more balls than you. I'm in no way little." I tease, sticking my tongue out at him.

"No kidding you hoe, you've already got these two at your feet." Tyler refers to Kyle and Tray which are now both looking at me with sly smirks. I look over to see a very annoyed Kane, bipolar much?

"Hey, hey, hey. First, this one is gay. Second we're just friends." I defend as I roll my eyes, sassily, flicking Tyler off.

"Yeah yeah whatever you say Quinny." Tyler and his friends make their ways to another table, I'm guessing they're like 'popular' since everyone's looking at them either with loathing or admiration.

"Your brother is Tyler Brown?" Kyle's mouth is wide open in shock. I simply nod.

"You're so lucky. He's like a king around here, it's only his second year and he's already taken over." Kyle looks over at the 'cool kid's' table and eyes my brother in admiration.

What is this? High School 2.0?

"I mean, I don't think it's anything to brag about. It's like living with a stinky, lazy sack of potatoes." I reply, taking a bite out of a chicken nugget and cringing at the horrid taste. It tastes like cardboard.

***

"And one, two. One, two. Turn, turn, turn!" The dance instructor's voice is all you could hear over the loud music playing. We all take steps back and forth, side to side. For the big finale, Tray spins me and holds me in his arms.

Our hearts pacing and sweat running down our faces, we end the session. We all go into the shower rooms and take a quick cooling shower. I change into my clothes and make my way to cooking class- my last class for the day.

Tray and I walk side by side to the cooking class. When I enter I see Kane standing near one of the many ovens, an unamused expression on his face.

Sadly, me and Tray are separated when the teacher assigns us our partners. Of course, I get paired with the most cranky person I've ever met.

"Today you'll be making a simple desert, a chocolate cake!" The teacher instructs, "all the materials are provided, this is a grade, you may begin!"

Kane rudely grabs the red bowl out of my hands and begins to make the batter, adding all the ingredients the teacher had so kindly provided.

"What am I going to do?"

"You're going to be quiet and stay out of my way." His harsh, cold stone voice is venomous.

"Why are you being such a dick? I didn't do shit to you." I try to get his attention off the stupid batter but he just pushes me away, rather harshly.

"Fine. Be like that!" I grab my things and take off my apron after storming off, making sure to slam the door behind me, dramatically.

"Frickin' melon faced, pig, dickhead," I mumbled random names under my breath as I dashed through the large halls. I was never good at name calling, but guess what? I'm not good at most things I do.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 7/28/18