The Morning After

19

Pain.

All I felt was pain. My body was a wobbly, unstable blob. I felt like I ran a marathon and the aftermath is hitting me pretty hard.

Like you would ever run a marathon, my subconscious teases. I couldn't argue though. My legs were not in anyway, shape, or form made for running. So I didn't see a point to argue.

My limbs felt like noodles. Chicken noodles to be exact. But the good kind, not the one with all those nasty veggies in them-

"Good morning." Kane's hoarse voice chirps into my ear. God I was thinking about chicken noodle this entire time? I need to start a diet, soon.

"Morning." I smile.

"Do your legs hurt? Do you need advil?" He asks, caressing my cheek.

"Yeah, I feel like I'm dying and it's all your fault." I frowned, pouting like a small child at Walmart begging for M&M's.

"I'm sorry baby, I promise I'll never do it again." He chuckled deeply. His voice sounding like melted chocolate, if that makes any sense. Does to me.

I like chocolate.

"No, I like feeling like I've been through hell and back if it means I can feel the same way I did yesterday." I plant a sweet kiss on his nose.

"Don't worry babygirl, I will never even consider not f*cking you." His blunt words make me giggle and playfully slap his bare chest.

I look into his now baby blue eyes. His hair was pointing at different directions. His lips were still a little inflated from last night's fiasco. Champagne colored lipstick was smeared all over his mouth, neck, and chest.

He looked like a god sent from heaven, the natural light coming from outside hitting his tanned skin.

I hope I look decent. Doubt it, probably look like one of Cinderella's ugly stepsisters. He makes looking flawless look so damn easy.

"Are you hungry, baby?" He asks, getting off the large bed and putting on a grey hoodie.

"Aren't I always?" I smile, sitting upwards. I stretched my arms and legs, still staring into Kane's eyes from afar. No matter at what angle, his ocean eyes are stunning.

"I'll make you your favorite, mac and cheese." Hey says lifting me off the bed bridal style and carrying me into the kitchen. He sits me on a stole.

Tyler hadn't come home last night, I'm guessing him and Kyle made up. I just hope he's not coming home so soon.

I eye Kane as he puts the pot of water on the stove and turns the heat up. Memories of that day he first kissed me. That day was one of the best and worst days of my life. Images of Jen's manicured fingers tangled in Kane's hair made me want to puke. But I knew I had to forget about that unless I wanted to make myself suffer over something I already forgave him for.

But I can't help thinking about him regretting picking an ogre over a Barbie doll. Even though I know it's bad to think like this, but my insecurities always find a way to get to me.

~Tyler~

I'm glad me and Kyle could patch things up. After I came to tell him I'm done hiding my sexuality we had a magical night. Right now we're on the couch eating breakfast while watching television.

"Hello Kyle, Tyler." A familiar voice greets from behind. I turn to see Tray closing the front door behind him. I completely forgot they were best friends and roommates.

"It's weird I didn't sleep a wink, I'm pretty sure you both had a great night." He chuckles, my cheeks flush in embarrassment. I didn't realize we were being loud.

"I'm totally sorry about that. I didn't-"
He cut me off, rather rudely.

"It's okay, besides I understand. You can stay here as long as you want," he comes around the sofas and chairs and sits on one of the stools. "I would be pissed too if I found my little sister f*cking my best friend. You can stay as long as you need."

My heart drops and my eyes widen like a glob. My brain is still trying to wrap itself around what just came out of his mouth.

"What did you just say?" I say, my voice rising, you could hear lightning strike as my face falls.

"Oh you didn't know?" He says a sinister grin painted across his face. I couldn't tell if he was serious or not but I definitely knew I wanted to punch him across the face with all the force I had in me. "Your sister, Quinn, she supposedly is messing around with Kane. I'm surprised you didn't know already. It's literally everywhere-"

"Shut the f*ck up!" I growl, and another bolt of light strikes again making the apartment shake, dramatically.

"You don't know what you're talking about, if I see you even breathing next to Quinn ever again I will f*cking kill you!" I grab him by the collar, all my patience thrown through the windows. How could he talk about my baby sister like that?

"Hey, hey let's all calm down now." Kyle tugs me by the shirt trying to pull me away from Tray. I let go of the scrub, Kyle rubs my forearm trying to control my nerves.

"Tell me you're kidding," I whisper, looking deeply into Tray's eyes. He had to be joking. He had to, "Say you're kidding!"

"I can't, I'm not." He says and the anger triggers inside me.

How could he do that to me?
I thought he was my best friend.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 8/1/18