The Bomb

20

~Quinn~

After math class I desperately needed something to eat. The mac and cheese was excellent, but you know me I get hungry real fast. Luckily for me I had lunch after math.

I walked into the already crowded lunch room and spotted Conner, Tyler, and Kyle sitting in their usual spots. I didn't see Kane or Tray but I'm too hungry to be suspicious.

I buy myself a sub and a juice box and walk towards my table near the far corner of the lunch room to eat in peace.

I begin to open my lunch when my eyes met with Kane's baby blue eyes as he entered the room. Soon after the room got completely quiet and I had no idea what the f*ck was going on.

Before you know it Tyler is up out of his seat targeting towards Kane and my eyes widen when my big brother punches Kane square in the face knocking him down onto the hard floor.

Involuntariodly, I get off my seat and sprint towards the boys.

"What the f*ck Tyler!" I shout but he doesn't even look my way. He swings once again and I could hear the painful grunts coming out of Kane's mouth.

"How could you, you piece of sh*t! Out of all of them you had to pick my little sister," he spat, now kicking his lifeless body without a care. Tears began to spill out of my stinging eyes as everyone started to record and chant,
"You're disgusting you know that!"

"Let him go, Tyler, stop! Please!" I tried to come between them but Kyle held me back so I could see his boyfriend pummel mine's to his pulp.

Out of anger and rage, I kick Kyle in the sensitive region and ran up to my brother pulling and tugging at his sweatshirt. When he wouldn't let go I kick him and yell, "Let him go!"

He finally looks back at me and walks towards me. I could see Kane sit up, his face covered in blood.

"What? Did you think I wouldn't find out?" He yelled making me flinch. "What did you think? You couldn't have anyone else so you decided to sleep with my best friend!? Huh!" He was now all in my face and I really couldn't speak. It's like my throat was too dry to work properly.

"Leave her alone, it's my fault." Kane speaks up, now standing on his two feet. He wipes some of the blood with his sleeves.

"No sh*t it's your fault. You always needed to sleep with everything with a pulse, yeah?" He was furious, he was utterly disgusted with the both of us. "I let it slide when you slept with my girlfriends. I loved you even though you would do really f*cked up sh*t to girls,"

"But I cannot stand here and watch you hurt my little sister. I won't let that slide." He shook his head, looking at the floor and smiling demonically.

"I would never hurt Quinn. You know that-"

"No, Kane I don't know that. As a matter of fact I want you out. Out of my apartment, out of my life, out of my sister's life." My heart dropped, my tears became a river, and my legs were weak.

"Fine." Was all Kane said before he left the room. I try to run after him but my arm is pulled backwards.

"Let him go, he isn't worth it." Tyler spits, his grip honestly hurting. That's going to leave a bruise.

I yank my arm away from him and say, "I'm done listening to you." I make my way past the crowds of nosy students, out into the empty halls.

I'm searching for Kane when I'm pulled into one of the many dirty bathrooms. A big hand covers my mouth so I couldn't yell. A body was pressed against mine so that I wasn't able to move.

"I'm going to let go of your mouth, if you yell I'll make sure no one could ever find you again." Tray whispers into my ear, and my eyes widen. He lets go of my mouth and my breathing hitches when I finally comprehend whats going on.

"What do you want from me?" I whimper, his body becoming painfully close to me.

"You know exactly what I want." He traces my bottom lip with his index finger. His disgusting grin making me ten times more scared than before.

"Please let me go." I murmur, closing my eyes tightly. Maybe he'll go away the tighter I closed them, I kept telling myself but he wouldn't leave.

"Now why should I, huh?" His hands slip towards my waist, and he chuckles when the tears begin to leave my eyes once again.

"Let her f*cking go you bastard." Kane's voice hisses, I open my eyes to see Kane holding a gun towards Tray's temples.

Tray puts him hands up in the air, surrendering. Tray chuckles, sending cold shivers down my spine. There's something seriously wrong with this person. How could I ever trust him?

"Now get out of here and if I ever see you near Quinn again I'll shot your brains out without any remorse," Kane spat, utter anger in his beautiful eyes. Tray left the bathroom, this time he looked scared. Something I've never seen. "Are you okay, baby?"

I sprint into his arms, sobbing historically. My mascara running down my cheeks but I couldn't care less. I knew he was holding a weapon, I heard what Tyler said out there about him. But right now I just need to be in his arms.

But I still needed to know what was happening. Theres was so much going on. So many things I didn't understand. It felt like a bomb exploded and I'm still lost in the smoke.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 8/1/18