The Puppeteer's Puppets

28

There was a tight material holding me down. My wrists ached as I batted my eyes open. It was dark, the only light visible was the flicker of a small lamp.

My vision was blurry due to the massive amount of alcohol running through my veins at the moment.

I was tied down to a wooden chair, my mouth taped shut. It was cold, a cool breeze made my skin become rocky. My  tongue was dry, begging for water.

"Hello?" I murmured against the tape, the light voice bounced through the dark.

I couldn't move a muscle I knew that if I did my wrists and ankles were sure to bleed. The pressure of the tough rope cutting into my dark skin.

A single drunken tear slid down my face, I was too intoxicated to clearly comprehend what was happening.

I heard the creaking of a door, I turn to see a tall shadow enter the room.
"Hello, miss." The stubbled man said. "Oh my apologies, how rude of me." He rips off the tape making me gasp in pain.

"Where am I?" I said.

He chuckled deeply. "They didn't even have the audacity to tell you, huh?" He said. "It doesn't matter now, what matters is that you belong to us now."

"Us?" I asked.

"Yes, us Quinn. Us indeed." A familiar voice comes from the dark. A tall lean figure appears next to Hector.

Tray?

"Remember me you dumb b*tch?" Tray's angered voice boomed, ringing through my ear. He was absolutely pissed. "Remember what your little boyfriend pulled out on me? Remember that, huh?"

"I-I." I felt the sting of his palm against my cheek. He slapped me with all his might and my head almost rolled backwards. Suddenly I wasn't drunk, I was wide awake.

"You didn't want to be mines the easy way, now look what you made me do." Tray shakes his head, disapprovingly. He slapped me again, my head flew to my right. I felt my cheeks begin to burn.

"Enough!" Another deep voice demanded and in came another shadow. I couldn't really tell who it was with such little lighting and the multiple jogs to the head I received, but as soon as the light hit his face my heart dropped to the ground.

It was Coby.

"Coby why, what is happening?"

Coby comes closer to me, playing with the rims of his gun. He looked so amused yet so demonic. The atmosphere grew thick and suddenly it was ten times harder to breath.

"Quinn, Quinn, Quinn obviously I didn't want to do this. Certainly not my intentions. But I'm known for being a manipulative person and I'll gladly keep that title," he said, smirking proudly.

"You see it was wonderful playing puppets with my brother's life. I'm the reason he met Jen. I'm the reason he met you and your brother. I'm the catalyst to everything that's happened these past months,"

"He doesn't like you, he never did I brainwashed him into believing that. I had to carefully mold and place things in a certain order just to get him back home."

You could almost not see my eyes behind all the tears. Coby was the puppeteer and I was just one of his many puppets. How could his own brother betray him like this? Coby had to be a mastermind to create all this chaos.

"I always warned my little brother to shut his emotions away. But he wasn't tough enough. So I used his biggest weakness against him. It was pretty easy in my opinion, especially with such a pathetic person like you playing as the fragile girlfriend." Coby shook his head, thinking about his devious plan.

"Why?" I coughed.

"Because, you see Quinn, life's about working hard to get what you want. My father can't obviously be the leader of the Diablos forever. His place needs to be taken by someone tough, emotionless, and manipulative. I was going to be on that throne, I'm the perfect candidate," he made circles around the chair whilst the other men sent me deadly glares. "My father seems to disagree. He believes my lowlife, pathetic excuse of a gang member brother is a better person for the job."

"B-But Kane doesn't even what to be in the g-gang, what makes you think he'll want to be the leader?" I asked, my voice raspy and hoarse due to the eerie events that's happened since I left home.

"Quinn, no matter how far Kane is, if πατέρας wants him to be the leader he'll be the leader," Coby's sinister grin gives me nervous jitters in my stomach. "Killing him and taking his place is a better option. That'll show πατέρας that I'm the perfect person for the job."
(Father.)

"You're disgusting! Don't you have any shame? He's your brother you f*cktard!" Slap. Tray's force sent the chair tumbling down. My cheek was probably crimson by now, not that it was visible under such little light.

I whimpered on the cold floor. I laid on the floor sideways, the ropes are sure to cut any circulation from the tight pressure.

Sideways, I could see a little red dot of light flickering. On and off. It looked to be a camera in the far distance but I could just be imagining things.

"Never disrespect me, you hear me ομορφιά?" He spat, stomping his boots so close to my face, I wouldn't be surprised if he stomped on me. (Beauty.)

"σηκώστε την, get her cleaned and dressed for tonights event," Coby glanced at me once again, a menacing smirk painted onto his face. "We're going to have lots of fun." (Lift her up.)

Tray and Hector both picked me off the floor and cut off the tight rope. "And don't try anything or we'll have your head sent to your beloved boyfriend." I heard Coby mutter as he disappears into the dark.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 07/26/20