Peppermint Kiss

10

My parents had gone to their hotel, thankfully, and currently I'm getting ready for my date with Tray. Getting my makeup bag, I enter the bathroom and my eyes widen like saucers at the sculpted figure standing in front of me.

His towel is hanging low around his waist showing off his perfect V-line. His platinum blonde locks are damp above his head. His abdomen is spectacularly molded, his structure has my mouth flat on the ground.

Damn. And I thought sharing a bathroom with Tyler's roommate would be a pain, but it's exactly the opposite. It's like a cure.

His blue eyes are evidently traveling along the length of my exposed legs. I could tell he was a fan of this skin tight velvet dress.

"Sorry I was just gunna-"

"It's fine, I'll just brush my teeth and I'll be on my way." he says, grabbing his blue toothbrush and the Crest tube as I eye him in complete awe.

I snap out of my daze and walk up to the second sink. Taking out my primer and foundation out of my toiletry bag, I look up at my reflection in the mirror. I hear Kane open the faucet next to me
and I watch him as he squeezes the toothpaste onto the stick.

He pulls the toothbrush up to his mouth and slowly begins to make circles on his teeth. I could feel my insides churning when he licks his lips. Who knew you could be turned on by looking at someone brush their teeth. I clear my throat and look down at the ground when the faucet is turned off.

"Where is he taking you?" The tone he's wearing is unfamiliar when he says 'he' but I do my best to ignore it.

"Olive Garden, their garlic bread is the best." I answer picking my hair up into a low pony tail to begin on my makeup.

"Mhm, and when are you leaving?" He wipes his wet mouth with a small hand towel.

"Around nine, so like in an hour and a half maybe." I rub my primer all over my dry skin and massage it in evenly.

"Okay." he nods as if he is thinking hard on something before opening his bedroom door and leaving me in peace to finish my makeup.

***

"Madison I told you it was just a f*cking rumor, I didn't-" I hear Tyler's booming voice shout from inside the living room. As I walk in, I see him on the phone probably arguing with his new girlfriend, Madison.

Lately their has been this rumor that Tyler had slept with another girl at a party last weekend. But to be completely honest I wouldn't be surprised if he did. It wouldn't be the first time he had had an affair.

I could also sense Kane's uncomfortableness as he tries to calm his angry best friend, who's now as red as a pepper. I can almost see smoke coming out of his ears.

"Fine, I'll be right there in ten!" He shouts into the phone and hangs up. He dashes passed me and gets his jacket from off the hangers near the front door.

"I might not be back till tomorrow morning, Kane you're in charge," Tyler wiggles into his jacket and grabs his car keys off the key holder, "See you guys tomorrow." and with that he is off to his girlfriend's house.

"Well that was something." I collect my necessities such as my cell phone, keys, some flats just in case these heels get uncomfortable, and emergency cash. I cram all my things into my shoulder bag.

When I'm ready I notice there is still forty minutes left till I have to meet Tray at the restaurant.

I turn around to see Kane on the couch watching tv.

"What're you watching?" I slouch down next to him and his head immediately turns to me and then back to the show he's currently watching.

"I have no idea, it's the first thing I saw when I turned it on. Guess I'm too lazy to search for something good." he shrugs leaning back onto the couch.

"We should play a game while the clock ticks, I've still got half an hour till I leave." I suggest after a couple of minutes of quietness.

"Okay, but I pick the game." he agrees and he turns off the television. Something told me that playing a game with Kane was a bad idea. Something deep inside tells me that letting him pick the game wasn't a bright idea. Something had warned me multiple times. But I couldn't help being curious as to what he wanted to play.

"Truth or dare?" He asks, a sly smirk painted over his flawless face. I knew something naughty was hovering over that pretty little head of his. I had been caught in his evil web, 'oh darn.'

"Truth." I cocked a brow.

"Trying to play it safe Quinn? I see..." he grins down at me like a giant looking down at a small village, ready to stomp all over the small-innocent-villagers.

"Is it true that you've never had a boyfriend before?" He asked, mischievous dancing in his blue eyes.

My palms begin to sweat and my heart begins to thump loudly. Leave it to Kane to ask such questions, which he knows will be highly difficult for me to answer without embarrassing myself. I know he wasn't going to let this go so I decided to rip it off like a band aid.. quickly and painfully.

"Yes."

His grin disappears and now is replaced with a genuine smile, who knew Kane could actually smile this way. His eyes are soft as they search my eyes for any emotions. A comfortable silence surrounds us and I could feel him slowly unraveling my thoughts in his mind.

"Truth or dare?" I asked, breaking the barrier of silence.

"Truth." he doesn't hesitate to answer. I think about the millions of questions I could possibly ask him, and believe me I've been wanting to ask him so many questions ever since that night I threatened to pepper spray him. Most of my questions are inappropriate so I choose a safe one.

"Is it true you think of me as your sister?" I questioned.

His smirk reappears and I feel like jumping his bones when he flips a piece of his platinum hair out of his face. His deep chuckle booms through the room, oh how much I love that sound.

"Why do you ask?" He raised a brow.

"Don't answer my question with a question."

"Fine, fine no I don't. It would be weird to think about your sister naked in your bed, wouldn't it?" My eyes widen like a globe and I swear I felt my heart jump out of my chest for a second.

"I'd kill myself if you were my actual sister. You'd torture me." He whispers next to me, inching slightly closer and closer.

He grips at my waist, burying his head into the crotch of my neck. I could feel his hot breath on my skin, making small bumps form on my skin. He pulls me up onto his lap so I'm facing him. His hands hover over my ass and he plants small, warm kisses on my collarbone making a trail down to the middle of my breasts.

He maneuvers his tongue up until he makes it up to my mouth. His lips hover over mines and both of our breathes are caught in our throats. I could feel my nipples harden and my legs twitch.

"May I?" He whispers, and I nod.

He cups my small face in his ginormous hands, pulling me closer to him and he connects our mouths. I immediately give him access and our tongues take their time to discover the inside of one another's mouth.

My tastebuds recognize that same peppermint taste from before. I love the taste of the sweet lingering in his mouth. This might be my second kiss ever but it feels just as good as the first.

〰️〰️〰️

Edited 7/30/18