April Fools!!

23

~Quinn~

After me and Nany were done pulling out some weeds from her backyard we went back inside to find Kane and Coby sitting at the dining table.

"Quinn, something came up. I have to go somewhere with Coby." Kane says, getting off his seat. He looked, worried.

"Can I come with you guys?" I ask with puppy eyes. I wanted to know what had him so unsettled. Whatever it is, I wanted to know.

"I don't think that's a-"

"Of course you can come." Coby interrupts his brother. I watched as Kane's face changed, but nonetheless he had finally agreed to let me go.

***

A five minute drive past a few woods, Coby stops the car and I'm confused when I see nothing. Just trees and plants.

We hop out of the car. "Why are we here?" I ask, searching for a building or a reason we'd might be in the middle of a forest.

"You'll see." Coby says walking past us. Kane links hands with me as Coby leads the way.

I didn't feel comfortable. The atmosphere was very strange and unfamiliar. I felt like I was experiencing one of those scenes in scary movies, where the actor is about to open the door and the music is getting louder the closer they reach their death.

We come across two doors in the ground. It looked like it lead into a basement. The doors were attached to a little cabin. The doors were locked with a pin lock. Strange.

I looked away as Coby popped in the pin and the lock opened. He opened the old, rusted doors, "ladies first." He says a wide grin on his face.

I didn't trust Coby one bit, but I did trust Kane. So with the help of Kane, I carefully stepped into the 'basement', down a steep flight of stairs. It was dark and cold making it ten times more eerie than before.

Kane holds my hand through a dimly lit hallway. We turn into a big room full of cardboard boxes. It smells like smoke, dead rats, and dirty socks. I don't like this one bit, I should've stayed with Nany.

Damn me and my curiosity!

Coby opens a big metal door leading us into an even bigger room. Theres an old L shaped couch, a big flatscreen tv on the wall, a kitchen area, and two computers side by side in a corner. There was like five big bulky guys and a couple smaller guys on the computers.

I looked around the place as Kane leads me through yet another door. This room has bookshelves, a big wooden desk in the middle with paperwork and a laptop. It had two small chairs in the front and behind the desk was a thrown like chair.

On that thrown was a man. A middle aged man with the slightest bit of facial hair. His eyes were a greenish-blue color. His face was wrinkled, with dark bags underneath his eyes. He looked like a zombie from The Walking Dead.

The "zombie's" eyes first land on Kane, his big green eyes widen. He then turns to me and his lips fall into a tight line.

"Father." Kane mutters beside me and my eyes almost fall out of their sockets.

Father? Oh no I wasn't prepared for this. I'm literally standing here in short shorts and one of Kane's oversized hoodies. This is in no way a good first impression.

"My son, what brings you around on this fine day?" His voice is monotone. Like he wasn't the slightest bit affected by the fact that he is seeing his son for the first time in years.

"Just came to see my father, that is if he wants to see me." Kane's voice shakes, nervously. I didn't understand why, but something happened here and I was completely oblivious to it.

"Of course. What father doesn't want to see his son after it's been years since he out of the blue ran away to 'pursue a career'." Mr. Adams uses air quotes, imitating his youngest son.

"I'm sorry about that," his voice was groggy and I couldn't help but shuffle awkwardly in my shoes. "But you know I only did it because this life you and Coby are living isn't my life. I don't want it to be my life."

Silence falls. Mr. Adams eyes Kane, thoughtfully. "I forgive you," He finally says, his eyes now flickering towards me, "And who might this be?"

"This is my girlfriend, Quinn." Kane introduces and I send a small smile his way.

I cautiously hold my hand out towards Mr.Adams. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Adams." He takes my hand, and with his big palm shakes my hand, slowly. Slowly to the point it's kinda creepy.

"Please, Quinn, call me Antonio." He stops shaking my hand but he doesn't let go. He turns my hand, and kisses the back.

I'm getting this weird vibe. You know when you're out late walking to the corner store to get a late night snack and you feel like someone's watching you from afar. Those unsettling jitters in your stomach making shivers run down your spine, yeah that's what I'm experiencing right now.

"Boss we've got a problem." All our heads snap towards the door, where a tall, dark haired man stands. His facial expression, worried.

"What is it, Logan?" Antonio get's off his throne walking, hastily towards the man at the door.

"The Sinisters bought more weaponry from the Italians. They're kidnapping people and forcing them to train. Their men's population is growing faster by the minute in no time they'll have more power," Logan explains and both Coby's and Kane's expression falls. "They aren't going to stop until they've killed every Diablo in the state."

My eyes shoot open. Kill. Oh no, what the f*ck did I get myself into? Surely this is just a prank. April fools!! But it's October! No, no this isn't happening it's just a dream.

I'm going to wake up in 3..2..1..

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 8/6/16