I Believe You

16

A week.

A whole week, I've been locked inside my room. Still I don't completely understood, why? Kane wasn't mine. I wasn't exactly his. So why is it that I haven't been outside in days and my room is trashed?

I had like five cotton blankets over me but I still felt frozen. I still had my makeup from the night I saw them. My pillow is covered in mascara, and I'm pretty sure my eyelashes are somewhere around here. Maybe under the collection of pizza boxes near my night stand.

Tyler hasn't gotten out of his room either, ever since his drunken breakdown. I've only checked up on him when I knew Kane had left the house. I had a million texts from Kyle and Tray which I completely ignored.

It's now Saturday morning, or so I think. My bladder might explode if I don't hurry up and get to the bathroom.

I lazily drag myself towards the bathroom, holding in my pee. When I finally reach the toilet I do my business. Flushing the toilet, I move towards the big wall mirror.

I stare back at the horrific image, in disgust. My curls were in knots, my mascara had dried within my tears, my eyes were bloodshot red, and my bags were black under my eyes.

I choose to finally take a shower, the stench of sweat had finally gotten to me. I turn the knob to the warmest setting and undressed myself. When I enter the shower, I felt the hot droplets calm my tense muscles. I washed my face and brushed my teeth in the shower because, why the f*ck not?

When I'm somewhat cleaner, I dry myself and make my way back inside my room. I take a better look at what I'm dealing with and see that my room looks like it's been through hell and back, and then through it again.

I dress myself in a baggy hoodie and the last pair of clean shorts. I slip on my fuzzy slides and pizza socks-Everything is better with pizza socks. And finally I put on my black sunglasses because I haven't seen light in quite a while.

Walking out of my room, my little baby excitedly jumps around me. Her little tail wags enthusiastically. I knew I had been a really bad mom so I decided to take her out on a walk around the neighborhood. As I placed Princess in her leash I noticed the half empty bowl of dog food. Kane must've fed her these past days. Good to know there's something good he can do for me.

I grab my keys and my phone as I walked out of the small apartment. I cringed at the rays of sun that beamed down at me. I felt like a Vampire on a summer day. Heck I looked like one too.

I knew something about the idea of walking down the streets to Jen's house wasn't smart. But gravity pulled me towards my problems. Next thing you know I'm on the front steps of Jen's house, knocking on the wooden door.

This couldn't end well, my subconscious warned but I pushed the voice well to the back of my head. The door slams open and I saw the last person I'd expected, standing in front of me.

"Tray, What the f*ck  are you doing here?" I could tell he was stunned because he didn't move a muscle. Jen followed behind him, she two stopped as soon as her eyes landed on me.

"Quinn! Hey girl, how have you-"

"Don't start with me Jen, I'm pretty sure we all know you've been sleeping with Kan," I cut her off, steam escaping my ears, "What was this? A team effort to destroy my life? What did I do to you!?"

"It doesn't matter what this is, what matters is that you're mine. No one can get in between us." Tray looks at me with a harsh glare.

"And Kane is all mine. I wouldn't let a fat whore get in between us!" Her words stung like a bullet. Fat. Whore. That's all I heard. Those two words rang in my head like a bell. And suddenly a plug was switched inside me.

"You can have him! You can have all of him, I don't give a f*ck! I hope you two live happily ever after for all I care!" Tears burned my eyes. The warm salted water fell down my soft cheeks, "I don't care." I whispered to myself, wiping my tears away.

"Calm down babe-" Tray harshly grabs my wrist, I tried to pull away but he wouldn't budge. Suddenly I felt very lightheaded and overwhelmed.

"Let go of me! You're all crazy!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, Princess barked her heart out. I could feel my head become a millions times dizzier than before.

I was out of my mind but I could still see as Kane rushed up towards us and punched Tray square in the face. Blood gushed out of Tray's nose, Jen rushed towards him, Princess kept barking.

Everything was a big blur and my body finally gave out. I fell into a pit of darkness and all the noise went away.

***

"Make sure she gets plenty of water so this won't happen anymore, alright?" I heard a women's voice say, my eyes still too heavy to open.

"Okay thank you, doctor." A male's voice said, a familiar voice. I felt large hands caress my cheek. The smell of the sweet cologne I had fallen in love with submerged the air.

"I'm so f*cking sorry," he began and I could tell he'd been crying because of the small whimpers that escaped his mouth, "I failed you, but if you only knew the half of it. You drive me insane, the fact we cannot be together drives me insane."

"When I told you you're beautiful, I meant it." He whispers, kissing my forehead sweetly.

"Kane?" I managed to mumble.

"Quinn, h-how are you feeling?" I bat my eyes open and see him wiping his face with the sleeves of his sweater.

"A little dizzy but I'm okay," I slowly sit up, stretching my arms a little. "Where's Tyler?"

"He's on his way."

Silence fell once again, I still couldn't look up at him. His previous confession still lingered over my head. It couldn't be true. Could it?

"Did you mean it, What you just said?" He slowly approached me. He lifted my chin so I'm forced to get lost in his Caribbean blue eyes. His eyes twinkled due to the tears that are slowly forming.

"I meant every f*cking thing. Please, please believe me," he murmurs, our foreheads now touching. I could feel his breath on me. His lips were inches apart from mine. "Please."

I hesitated at first but I could see in his eyes pain and regret. I could see all his emotions, I knew that I needed him.

"I believe you."

Our lips got closer and closer. Our eyes didn't leave each other's eyes. Our noses were touching, we were so close.

"Quinn!" The hospital door slammed open and Kane quickly let go of me. Tyler came in rushing, he smelt like rotten cheese but I still hugged him tightly nonetheless.

"Oh my god, you had me sh*tting in my pants." He realized a heavy sigh against me.

I did believe him, but that doesn't necessarily mean we can ever be together. I can't do that to my brother. I just can't.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 7/31/18