I'll Always Be A Diablo

26

~Kane~

"We have a traitor, one of our men has been leaking information about our mafia," My father informs, rubbing his temples, uncomfortably.

"So, what does this have to do with me?" I asked. Leaked information happened all the time, it wasn't my responsibility to handle that.

"The Russians know about Quinn. They know you're back with us and they are targeting you." My dad said, his face was stone.

"What do you mean?" I asked, even though I knew exactly what he meant. "Who, who is the fraud?!" I yelled, pacing around the big office.

"Carlos Montera, he's in the dark room right now-"

"I want to kill him." I mutter, my eyes full of vengeance and anger.

"Kane, I know what you're feeling but I think it's best-"

"I don't care. I promised her she was safe. I specifically said she had to stay out of this, now look she's their number one target." Without waiting for a reply, I exit the room, sprinting towards the dark room.

The dark room is basically the torture room, we call it the dark room since it's... dark.

I kick down the door and I grab my gun from my trousers. Two guards who were supposed to be torturing Carlos were stunned when I entered. "Out, I'll deal with this."

They left the second I ordered them too, I always said I hated this me, but a part of me missed all this power.

"Montera, I suppose you have a family," I say fidgeting with the rim of the gun. I walked around the man, who was tied up against a wooden chair, a rope holding his body down. "Maybe a wife, a kid, or two."

"How would it feel if they were taken away from you, huh? How would it feel if the love of your life was taken?" I spat in his face. I had no mercy in me, all I pictured was Quinn.

Her beautiful face, being taken away from me. Her small fingers being pulled away from me. I pictured her, suffering. And it's all because of this piece of sh*t.

"Please, I-I have a wife-" I heard him mumble against the duck tape on his lips.

"That's too bad." I pulled the trigger. Making a bullet fly into his skull. Blood was everywhere, absolutely everything was covered in blood.

This. This is what I wanted to escape. But blood is blood. And I was born into this, no matter where I go, I'll always be a Diablo.

~Quinn~

Nany came in holding my little baby. Princess kissed me and I almost cried, I thought she was... I don't even want to say it. I put her down to play with Clover.

Nany sits beside me on the large dining table, there was like twenty seats.

I hate it here. Last night I couldn't sleep. Kane was somewhere doing something and all I could hear was screaming, gunshots, and crying. It was torturing.

Another gunshot was fired again and I flinched at how close it sounded.

Nany just ate in peace, like she was well-known to all this chaos. "Nany, how can you live like this? In all this chaos and death." I asked.

"Well you see child, when I meet Antonio's father I fell in love. He was my everything, I gave up everything for that man because he was worth it. I didn't know he was a gang leader but when I found out, I didn't know if I could still love him. I didn't know if I could love a killer,"

"But I did, I tried to convince myself that he wasn't a good man. That he was a monster. But my heart held so much passion for that man, I just couldn't deny him. That's when I realized, I was. I was in love with a killer. Eventually I learned how to cope with all this." She says. I could feel the rims of my eyes begin to water. Lately I've been at the verge of crying all the time. It was depressing.

Nany looked at me, in my eyes looking for an emotion. I knew she found it when she began to smile,  "You love him don't you, dear?"

"I-"

"What are you guys talking about?" Kane waltzes into the dining room, he looked tired and no doubt stressed. He looked like his father, he looked like a walking zombie.

"Nothing, where were you last night?" I said.

"I had some business to deal with, but I'm hear now okay?" He sits beside me. I could tell he wasn't telling me things. But I could also tell I didn't want to know what those things were.

I was almost certain they would be painful to hear.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 07/26/20