I'm Not A Good Guy

25

Kane had gone to "deal" with something, whatever that means, and he left his big brother to watch over me.

Currently, I was in Antonio's cabin/house which was linked to the shady bunker. I was trying to distract myself by playing Cow Evolution on my iPhone. Yes, I'm a nineteen year old women playing a toddlers game, got a problem?

Distract myself from what, you may ask? Coby. He was staring at me. I could feel his cold blue eyes making holes at my side. At first I was okay but after half an hour, this was just getting ridiculous.

"Do you mind?" I spat, slightly irritated.

"Not at all, love." His greek accent was much thicker than his brother's or his father's. It was strange.

I glare at him the best I could, but his eyes were much more intimidating than mine could ever become.

"η ομορφιά σας είναι άψογη." He murmured, still eyeing me like it's his first time seeing me.
(Your beauty is impeccable.)

I didn't understand a word he uttered but it was best I didn't ask. Just speaking to him gave me the creeps. But I couldn't help but wonder...

"How come your accent is much thicker than Kane's?" I ask.

"Well, you see Kane doesn't like who he really is. He's done a lot to escape his reality. He's ashamed of who he is," Coby explains, taking a hit of his cigarette. I cough at the horrid smell when he exhales, "Hiding his accent is one of the many things he does to forget about all this he left behind. I'll admit it he's getting pretty good at it."

Suddenly, Coby's phone goes off. He glanced at the screen then turn to me clicking something on the mobile device.

"Coby, σκοτώθηκαν Fabio." It was Kane. His shaky voice was laced with worry, making horror flash in me even though I couldn't understand him.(Coby, they killed Fabio.)

"τι εννοείς."Coby spits into the phone, dropping his cigarette in the ashtray and beginning to pace around the living room pulling at his roots.
(What do you mean?)

"They figured out he was with us and they killed him." Kane said, his voice sounding panicked and hurried. It was like he was running, running from something or someone.

"Listen I need you to get Quinn out of there, βρήκαν την τοποθεσία μας, έρχονται." Kane said over the phone. I heard gunshots from the other line and thats when the signal cuts.
(They found our location, they are coming.)

My heart starts racing a million miles per hour. This isn't happening, I tried convincing myself but it wouldn't work. I looked up at Coby, his face was oddly calm. Like he'd gone through this stuff all the time. Which I'm guessing he does.

"We have to get out of here, ομορφιά." Coby says, looking in a few drawers and pulling out a small box and a small gun, tucking the weapon in his trousers.
(Beauty.)

"What about Kane?" I say. I hear shouting and commotion from outside. A gun fired, the blast making my ears ring.

Panic ran over me, making me freeze in place. Coby carried me, bridal style, out of the house through the back door. Heavy footsteps could be heard from inside.

Coby carried me towards a forest. "You've got to stay quiet, ομορφιά, okay?" Coby says, but all I could do is nod. Words couldn't escape my mouth. (Beauty.)

He picked up his speed, I could feel the hard metal of the gun in his pants rubbing against my ass. I never thought  I'd ever be this close to a gun, ever.

My vision blurred but I could see a black shadow in the distance. I heard shouting and yelled voices nearing us and I still couldn't move, I was in shock.

Coby placed me in the backseats of a sleeked, tinted black car. I dropped my phone onto the car's floor, still paralyzed to really care. He hurriedly jumped into the drivers side. The engine purred to life and we were zooming through the woods.

After a while of silent driving, my nerves calmed down. My heart was still racing at an unusual speed but I was trying hard to not scream.

"Who were those people?" I said.

"Those were the Sinister's men. They found our location. They're looking for Antonio, they want all of us dead." His cold, blunt voice was horrifying. He looked emotionless. How did he do it? What kept him so...sane?

About three hours later, after a nap I woke up in a black and white themed room. The curtains were white, letting the shiny rays of the sun spill into the bedroom. The fluffy black blankets kept the cold away.

There was a light knock at the door, Kane's head popped in. "Kane?" I whispered, my eyes still a little blurry.

He sprinted towards me and I wrapped my fragile arms around his stiff torso. I felt his tense muscles loosen up under my touch. "Don't cry." Kane said, wiping away the small tears that fell out of my puffy, pink eyes. I didn't notice I was crying.

"W-where are we?" I was visibly shaking.

"We're in Antonio's warehouse. His most secure one to be exact. Don't worry, no one can hurt you," he cups my jaw in his large palms, making me face him. His soft, plump lips clash with mine and I immediately kiss him back. His tongue massages mine, peppermint flooding my tastebuds. "I'm here." He mumbles over the kiss.

We pull away, our chests heaving up and down. "Why are they after you?" I managed to say over all the thoughts running, no sprinting across my head.

"I'm not going to lie," he pauses, clearing his throat. "I'm not a good guy, Quinn. I've never been a good guy, I've done things and seen things you wouldn't understand." He looked at me. Waiting for a response, but I stay quiet.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 06/26/20