I'm Jen

12

"Where have you been?" Tyler shouts as I close the front door behind me. The entire night I stayed at Tray's house since it started pouring and I couldn't make it home.

"I was at Tray's house." both Tyler's and Kane's heads whipped towards me and concern filled Tyler's brown eyes, Kane..well I don't know what his eyes contain but I know he doesn't want me to know.

"What do you mean?" Tyler stands up and searches over my body for marks, unfortunately he found the spot that Kane had marked his last night.

"What is this?" he drags his finger over the hickey on my neck, I cringe in pain. I slap his arm away from me and I cover my hickey with my hand.

"It's nothing Tyler geez could you just leave me alone for two seconds!" I storm out of the room slamming and locking my bedroom door.

I face plant onto my bed and my face hits the fluffy pillows. I might've not known why I was crying at the moment but something inside me told me I had to. I had to let it all out, cry, scream, break things. And that's exactly what I did.

I tore through my room breaking everything I was physically was able to. Vases, portraits, chairs, everything.

"I f*cked up." I murmur to myself after breaking everything I could. On the cold floor, scattered in broken material, I laid there looking up into nothingness.

I hear a light knock on the door but I ignore it. After a couple of hours of numbness I decide to go outside.

"You're going to tell me exactly what happened this morning." Kane says, sitting comfortably on the sofa, his harsh voice could scare anyone from miles away.

"It was nothing-"

"Quinn stop with the bullsh*t, why would you sneak out to him after being with me?" He stands, towering over me like a skyscraper. His nostrils are flaring and his muscles are tense, like always.

"It isn't what you think Kane I swear.." my voice is low just like my eyes, even if I wanted to I couldn't even tell him the agreement me and Tray had. Tray warned me if I told him he would go straight to Tyler.

"Then what, what is it?!" He shouts his face now turning a red shade. My petite frame couldn't compare to the ginormous, infuriated figure.

I wanted to tell him, but either way this will end terribly I just rather it ending in Kane being mad at me that Kane being six feet into the dirt because of my overprotective big brother.

"Trust me, it's better if you don't know." I try to storm past him but he grips me by the wrist and I almost tumble backwards onto the fluffy couch.

"At least let me fix this." Kane says looking down at my bleeding arm, I hadn't noticed the large cut on my upper arm. I'm guessing the numbness blocked all signs of pain, well physically. Emotionally, I'm screaming inside with absolutely no knowledge of why.

I nod and he leads me into the bathroom. He grabs the small white box with a cross on top it out of a cabinet under the sink. He dampens a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and dabs it onto my wound, carefully.

Shocks of pain pain electrocute me as he disinfects my cut. He throws away the dirty cotton ball and takes out a large bandage and places it over the wound. I look up into his blue eyes, mine contain a grateful shear.

Although not even five seconds earlier I had been going through immense pain, the fact that Kane looked away from me as he placed the bandage hurt even worse. I could tell he wasn't at all satisfied with my actions from last night.

"I'm sorry-" I tried, but shortly got cut off.

"Save it. I don't care," he throws the bits of paper out into the little white plastic garbage can, still not even glancing my way, "Keep the bandage on for awhile, until it stops bleeding." and with that he's gone to hide in his bedroom.

And once again I'm left alone. I hate seeing people be mad at me, well at least the people who I care about, not that I care about Kane. Nope, never. Not in a million years.

Deciding not to mope around, I choose to go to a little cafe near Bluemoon. It wasn't at all crowded, instead it was the complete opposite. There was like three people here besides me, an old lady, and a young couple.

I felt like this was just the place for me. Quietness submerged me as I turned my attention to the book in my hands, 'A Wrinkle In Time'. I know you might be thinking this is more of a children's book, but I've read this book a million times and it never gets old.

I'm so drawn into the novel that I almost didn't feel the light tap on my shoulder. I place my book down and look at the imbecile who had dared to interrupt my reading.

"Is this seat taken?" The girl with vibrant blonde locks softly asks, pointing to a little metal chair across from mine.

I simply nod and she takes the seat, placing her expensive looking bag on the wooden table. "Do you come here often? I've never seen you here." she asks, looking around the cafe.

"Nope my first time actually, it's a quiet place. I needed to cool my mind off." I place a bookmark into my book and close it, placing it into my backpack.

"I could tell," she nods towards the bandage on my arm, "What happened?" I try to shield the bandage with my hands, just thinking about what happened made it hard for me to breath.

"Nothing, I was decorating my apartment when a glass vase broke." I lied, smiling to convince her of my false story.

"So you just moved here?" She asks, a man with a black apron placed down a latte in front of her and she thanks him.

"Well yes a little bit over a week ago I moved here with my brother."

"How are you liking it so far?" She pulls the mug up to her mouth and takes a long sip.

"California is beautiful, I haven't gone to the beaches yet, I'm planing to soon." she nods, grabbing her phone out of her fancy purse.

"Here give me your number and maybe we could go together?" She hands me her phone and I place my digits into her contacts. I can't help but to see the millions of contacts with the name 'daddy' and everyone with a different emoji. I don't question it since it'd be rude of me.

"Sure thing, I'm Quinn by the way."

"I'm Jen."

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 7/30/18