Only Bad Things Will Occur

5

I'm trying to make mac and cheese but I don't know why the water won't f*cking boil. So, it's like 2:00PM and my stomach is growling. Tyler isn't home since he has classes today and Kane...well he hasn't come home since last night, I'm starting to worry but I put paranoia to the back of my head for now. My hunger always comes first.

I'm reading the mac and cheese box for instructions on boiling water but it doesn't say.

"What are you doing?" I'm startled when Kane waltzes into the kitchen like nothing happened. Gosh why does everyone sneak up on me like that?

"Well I'm trying to make mac and cheese but the water won't boil." I point to the pot halfway filled with water.

"Well you didn't turn the stove on." He lightly chuckles as he switches the stove on to high, I blush rapidly in embarrassment.

"Oh."

He grabs the box of macaroni out of my hands slowly to where his hands brush against mine. His eyes stare into mines for a moment and a flash of regret lingers in his Caribbean blue.

He dumps all the macaroni into the pot and throws the box away.

"Where is Tyler?" He asks sitting down on one of the stools.

"He-he's at school he has a couple of classes today." I say, my head is down and my eyes are low.

"You don't have to stay out here if you don't want to-" I say, but quickly get cut off.

"It's fine, plus I'm helping you cook." he softly smiles.

After a good five minutes of awkward silence I clear my throat, earning Kane's attention.

"So where did you go last night?" I stir the bowl of macaroni not daring to turn back and face him.

"I was at a friend's house," His voice is shaky but I just shrug it off as if I didn't notice. He takes a loud sigh, "I'm sorry for going off on you like that and leaving you, I was in a sh*tty mood." I turn to see him drive a hand through his light hair.

"It's okay, I just don't understand why you were mad at me." I'm now sitting across from him and it's like we're in a staring contest, his eyes won't leave mine.

"I just worry, Tyler is like my brother which means you're like my sister so when I saw you with that douchebag at school I got all overprotective." I nod in understanding.

This makes a lot of sense but I get the feeling that he's leaving something out. Like I'm not getting the whole truth.

He gets up and at first I thought he was leaving but turns out he was pouring the cheese into the bowl. He stirs the concoction and I look at him in awe.

The way his platinum blonde curls collide down to his face. His baby blue eyes dance in excitement when he's doing what he loves. How his dimples rise when he catches me staring..

Wait what?...

"You sure you don't want to just take a picture? It'll last you longer." he chuckles lightly and my cheeks burn tomato red, once again. I hide my blushing with my long amber colored hair.

He turns to me and pulls the strand to the back of my ear, smiling as he runs his thumb over my jaw.

"You're beautiful Quinn Brown." He whispered, his beautiful blue eyes shining under the light.

Something took control of my body and my arms looped around his neck, it just felt so natural. His arms travel to my waist and he pulls me closer.

"Breathtakingly beautiful." he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice, making his voice shaky.

His lips crash up against mine, this being my first kiss I just stay their without movement. He gently tugs at my bottom lip and I gasp. His tongue takes that as a chance and it slides into my mouth, he tastes sweet, like peppermint.

His tongue moves gracefully, my body takes over and it begins to rock against his chest making Kane groan like a beast. God, what am I doing?

"Yes mama rock for me." he growls into my mouth and I obey his commands.

I pull away to catch my breath when my phone begins to vibrate. The name 'Tray' was in big bold letters, Kane's eyes instantly became a dark shade when he glanced over to my phone.

"Hello?" I pick up breathlessly, fixing up my hair and clothes.

"Are you free tonight, we're going to a party at a friend's house?"

Without realizing what I'd agreed to I say 'yes' and he tells me he'd pick me up.

I hang up and when I look up Kane is gone. I could hear the shower turn so he's probably taking a shower.

***

I pick out a red romper and my beige stilettos. I let my natural curls flow down to my butt, air drying it after a warm shower. I do a cute red eye shadow look that makes my caramel eyes shine.

But during the whole process I was thinking about one person and one person only. It wasn't expected but heck I loved it.

I didn't imagine having my first kiss with one of Tyler's friends but it wasn't terrible, as I'd expected it to be. I've heard many horrific first kiss stories and I was sure mine was going to be as terrible.

By the time I'm done Tray's grey jeep is parked outside the apartment. I don't know where everyone else went but I was the only person home. I grabbed my belongings and headed out.

"Hello baby, you ready to party your ass off?" Tray smiles widely and I return that friendly smile.

"You know it!" I hop into the passenger's seat and I say a quick 'hi' to Kyle in the backseats before starting to make our way to the party.

***

Wow, you can see the blue, red, and green lights from outside flashing on and off. The music is blasting and I'm sure it wouldn't take long for a neighbor to make a noise complaint.

Tray parks his vehicle out in the streets with the rest of the fancy newly bought cars outside. All three of us enter the party, people are drinking, chatting, or grinding on each other on the dance floor.

To be completely honest, I never been to a party like this considering I didn't have any friends in high school.

"Want a drink?" Tray says, leading me to a less crowded area in the house, the kitchen. I nod and he goes through the fridge and hands me a red solo cup full of a clear substance.

Thinking it was water, I took a big mouth full and felt a burning sensation down my throat. I cough historically trying to calm my nerves.

"What is this?" I cringe at the venomous taste.

"Vodka." he simply says pulling the cup back up to his mouth and takes a long sip.

Show off.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." I informed him and throw away the rest of the liquor in the sink, leaving to go use the ladies room.

I push through the mob of teenagers twerking and grinding on each other. I head upstairs to look for a bathroom. I need to learn to pee after leaving the house, I reminded myself.

I turn a corner and I gasp at the sight before me. Something no one wants to see, I could feel the rims of my eyes begin to tear up.

A barbie doll has her perfectly manicured red finger nails into Kane's lushes blonde locks. Her lip injected lips were pushed against his soft ones. He had her pinned to the walls and I'm standing here in disbelief.

Lesson learned, don't go to the bathrooms in parties. Only bad things will occur.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 7/29/18