The Blue And Golden Banner

6

I try to look away and move past them. This is horribly humiliating, how couldn't I notice what he was doing. Of course a guy like Kane would do this sh*t. Just another douche with the brain the size of a walnut.

I'm not sad that he doesn't like me like that, it's just I fell for it. That's all nothing else, right? Right.

As I passed by the couple I could feel his indigo eyes on me, observing my every move as I disappeared into another dark hall. Or so I envisioned his eyes on me, he probably doesn't even recognize me.

I sigh as I enter the black and white tiled bathroom, turning the lights on and burying my face in the palms of my hands.

This is my fault, my subconscious is a real bitch when she's right. I shouldn't have let him kiss me. I should've pulled away when I had the chance, now everything will be awkward and uncomfortable.

And believe me, if Tyler ever found out he would kill Kane with his bare hands. It might not seem like it but he'd do anything to protect me, just like I would for him.

I do my business and wash my hands in the modern looking sink. I close the faucet and stare at my reflection in the slightly foggy mirror.

All I see is my hideous body, my ginormous curves and repulsive figure. I'll never be like that barbie, her beautiful skinny body and her snow colored locks. It isn't hard to figure out what he sees in her. She's gorgeous.

The rims of my eyes are now red as the tears fall onto the soft fabric of my romper. My mascara runs down my cheeks and my sobs become louder.

"You're disgusting." I whisper to myself as I wipe my tears away with a piece of toilet paper. I try my best to clean my mascara and makeup, dabbing a piece of paper lightly under my bags.

When I open the bathroom door, Tray is leaning against the wall waiting for me, a small tight lipped smile on his lips.

"Hey you." his soft vanilla voice could make anyone feel better instantly, even though it hadn't worked for me.

"Hey." I say in a low voice, looking down at my shoes so he won't notice I was crying. I didn't need him knowing I was pathetic.

"Quinn, you don't have to hide from me," he pulls my chin upwards with his thumb so my puffy face is visible to him, "I need you to know that I'm here for you, always."

I nod and he intertwines our fingers together. He leads me downstairs and pulls me onto the dance floor, less people are dancing since most are passed out.

A slow song plays and I burry my head into Tray's chest. We sway back and forth to the rhythm of the song. I pull away to look at Tray's beautiful emerald eyes, how they twinkle under the flashing lights.

This night didn't turn as planned but it ended on a good note.

***

After the party me, Tray, and Kyle went to Kyle's house to watch a movie. Tray's comforting cuddle and the dim lights didn't make it easy for me to stay awake. So I ended up sleeping over at Kyle's house.

It's now 11:27 AM and if I don't hurry up I'll be late to my first class for the day. Fortunately, Tray offered to drive me home.

I open the door to the apartment to see Tyler and Kane sitting on the barstools, biting down on their blueberry pancakes.

"Woah, you look like absolute utter sh*t." Tyler teased, I flicked him off before going to my room to get prepared for the horrendously uneventful day. 'Uneventful'

When I'm done getting ready, I grab all my necessities like my phone, bag, and keys before I feed Princess.

When I get out of my room, Kane is still on the stool scrolling down his phone screen, causally. I awkwardly shift to the kitchen and grab a juice box of OJ out of the refrigerator.

"Where were you last night?" Kane's voice comes out more of a whisper, not looking up from his phone screen.

"I was at a friend's house." I mimic the same response he had given me that time I had asked him the same question.

"Listen about what you saw-" he starts.

"It's okay really, I'm used to this stuff." I throw away the empty juice box while going around the kitchen counter to escape this uncomfortable situation. I'm grabbed by the wrist, making me crash into Kane's hard chest.

"Quinn I know I shouldn't have kissed you," his lips brush against my earlobe, "but I certainly don't regret it." I feel a wet kiss planted sweetly onto the back of my ear and it feels as if I were on Cloud 9, high off ass.

"I need t-to go Kane I-I-" I pull away from him and sprint out the front door not even bothering to lock it, I knew he would lock it for.

I find myself making a concoction of thoughts which my mother nor father would ever approve of. Like how I want him to make me scream his name repeatedly as his god like body hovers over me. Oh god, just thinking about this makes me feel so dirty.

The Uber stops and I exit the vehicle, I spot both my friends making their way towards me. Both have ginormous smiles platted over their faces.

Tray wraps his arm around my shoulders and he walks me into the school, Kyle following closely behind us.

"What's going on guys?" I ask as I'm basically dragged into the dance studio and my eyes widen at the display before me.

A blue and golden banner with lots of glitter is hanging off the ceiling. In big bold bedazzled letters the banner reads...

"Will you go out with me?"

I turn around to see Tray holding a single white rose in his hand and a big toothy smile painted across his pale face.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 7/29/18