High For Him

33

A Week Later...

"So you're telling me, that Lays are better than Doritos?" I ask, sitting on one of the bars stools in the kitchen.

"Yep, a hundred times better." Kyle says, popping a potato chip into his mouth.

"Tyler you better educate your boyfriend, obviously he has a little brain damage." I say, making all three of them chuckle.

Currently, me, Tyler, Kyle, and Kane are in the kitchen waiting for Kane to finish making the macaroni and cheese. We were preparing to binge watch 'Stranger Things' for the second time.

"No can do little sis, he's hell bent on his Lays obsession." Tyler says, pecking his boyfriend before taking a seat besides him.

I hop off my seat and make my way around the kitchen counter towards my boyfriend. I wrap my arms around his torso, while he stirs the pot of cheesy goodness.

"Hello you," I mumbled into his large back.

"Hello mama," he said in a sing-song voice. He turns around and pecks my lips gently, "Dinner's ready." We all grabbed bowls and spoons and served ourselves.

Once we were all comfortable and cozy in the living room, we began our 'Stranger Things' marathon. Now this is the kind of marathon I'd participate in, I though as Kane clicked play on the remote.

When I was done with my food I placed my empty bowl onto the glass coffee table and sat back, placing my back on Kane's chest.

He began to tickle me like that one night I forgot about Tray and started to watch movies with Kane. I was kicking and crying out of laughter, "Stop, stop!" I yelled, my face became tomato red.

"Tell me you love me." He said.

"You love me." I mimicked, like the smartass I am.

He began tickling me again this time harder, "Okay, Okay stop!" I was about to sh*t myself if he didn't quite. Believe me it's happened before.

"Say that you love me." He said, his eyes full of amusement and happiness.

"I love you." I said, and he finally stopped tickling me. He got up and sat beside me, pulling me up onto his lap.

"I love you too." He whispers huskily into my ear, sending those very familiar jitters down my spine.

I was at peace for once in my life. I was happy. Even though my parents are gone, where? I don't know. But at least I am happy and I have all the love I need.

I felt safe and comfortable, laying there in Kane's arms. I glanced to my right to see Tyler and Kyle cuddling with one another and it melted my heart.

We were going to be fine. Everything is okay. For once in my life I felt okay.

After a few episodes of Stranger Things, the doorbell rings.

"Not it!" Kyle said.

"Not it!" Tyler yelled.

"Not it!" Kane shouted.

"Fuck all of you guys." I murmured, lazily getting of my comfortable position.

"We love you too Quinn." Tyler teased, sticking his tongue out in the open. Jerk.

I dragged myself towards the wooden door, opening it while still laughing at Tyler's remarks.

Thinking it was the pizza man, again. (Yes I just ate Mac and Cheese but I'm still hungry, got a problem?) I opened the door. My eyes land on nothing. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Who is it babe?" Kane asks.

"No one," I look down to see a box. I pick it up, sticking my head out of the door to see who might have placed it here. I saw no one, just a couple of old guys smoking near their cars.

I close the door behind me making sure it is locked. I sat back down onto my original spot and placed the box on the glass coffee table.

"Who's it from?" Kyle asks, and I shrugged.

"It doesn't have a name on it and there was no one out there."

I cautiously cut the tape on the box with an X-Acto knife. I placed the knife down and opened the box, all pairs of eyes on the mysterious cardboard cube.

I gasped. Inside the brown box was my iPhone I had accidentally dropped in Coby's black, tinted car that day his people attacked us in Antonio's house/cabin.

"It's my phone." I whispered, lifting the object out of the box.

On the bottom was a note in a neatly computerized cursive font, the note read,

____
Remember this you stupid b*tch?
This isn't over. It's just the beginning.
Xoxo, Love Jen
____

My heart stopped, the small sticky note falling onto the tiled floors. My whole world froze and I was paralyzed once again.

〰️〰️〰️

The lows in life typically last longer than the highs. Being high, unaware, or blinded by something is dangerous It hides what's actually happening
It hides reality...

In this case, the hard truths is reality and her high for him blinded her from the harsh actuality

Through thick and through thin, her high for him is what kept her from running away, even when the naked truth was staring her in the face

Obstacles and mountains were crossed by them, but there will always be another problem to solve,
Because if not this would not be reality

She Was Always High For Him.

〰️〰️〰️

Fin.

Edited 07/26/20