Chapter 2 Making Up and Explanations

Emmett speeds through the town, apparently luck was on his side because he hit nothing but green lights all the way to Lex's house. He turns onto Lex's street and screeches to a halt in front of her house. Jumping out of his jeep he rushes to the door and starts pounding on the door.

"Lex, Lex, Baby, please open the door." He screams.

The door opens and Alexis is coming out of the house with her suit case, she pushes past Emmett heading towards her car.

"Lex what are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing, Emmett, I'm leaving." She says as she puts her suitcase in the trunk of her car.

"Why?"

She slams her trunk closed and stares at Emmett.

"What do you mean 'why'? Did you forget what happened last night, I told you something that only a handful of people know, because I love you and want you to know the truth and you bolted like a scared rabbit. It took a lot of crying and soul searching, but I realized it this morning, you never loved me, Emmett, not the way I love you."

Emmett felt like she just kicked him in the nuts, he stood there stunned as she walked past him back into the house to get the rest of her things. He couldn't believe she thought that he didn't love her, the more he thought about it the angrier he got. Emmett suddenly turned and rushes into the house, he goes upstairs and slams Lex's door open.

"Now you listen to me…" Emmett says in an angry tone, but when he sees Alexis sitting on her window sill staring out the window with tears running down her face, his attitude changes. He goes and kneels in front of her takes her hands in his and kisses them.

"Baby…"

"Please don't call me that, Emmett."

"Why not, you are my baby."

Lex turns her head towards him, "Am I?"

"Yes you are, I was stupid last night, Baby. I didn't mean to react so badly to what you showed me. I was just stunned and overwhelmed and yes, frightened. I couldn't think straight, I just needed a little time to get my head around the idea that my girlfriend just turned into a gigantic wolf. I never meant to hurt you or make you think I don't love you I'm sorry, Lexie, Oh god I am so sorry!

"Does that mean you can accept the fact that I'm a Lycan."

"Yes, Baby, you could be Godzilla for all I care, I love you so much. Can you ever forgive me?" Emmett asks as he wipes the her tears away with his thumb.

Alexis starts crying again, she wraps her arms around his neck and leans her head against his shoulder. "Yes, Baby, I can. I love you too."

Emmett pulls away and kisses her forehead, then her cheek and finally her lips. He wraps his arms around her and holds her close, He closes her eyes and inhales her scent. It changed a little bit now, the cherry blossoms still lingers but there is an underlying sweet woodsy scent that appeals to him, like Sandelwood.

Emmett hums, "You smell so good, Baby."

Like what, I like good enough to eat?" Lexi asks.

Emmett chuckles, "No, like good enough to sit here and kiss you all day long." He says as he kisses her neck.

Alexis giggles, "Oh, well, I can live with that."

"Oh good because that is exactly what I plan on doing."

Alexis closes her eyes and lets Emmett kiss along her neck and jaw, then suddenly her eyes pop open.

"Shit, I have to call my mom and tell her I'm not going to Beacon Hills after all."

She pulls away from Emmett just enough to grab her phone and dial her mom.

"Mom?"

"Yes, Honey?"

"Don't pull me out of school, I'm not going after all."

Her mom chuckles, "Let me guess, you and Emmett made up."

"How did you know?"

"Oh please, honey, I know that boy loves you and he would eventually come to his senses, but you were too worked up to listen and you just wanted to escape. So I let you do what you wanted. Oh and tell Emmett that he needs to stop kissing you while you're on the phone with your mother."

"How does she know?" Emmett asks.

"Because I can hear you, Emmett, bye!" Liz says with a laugh then hangs up.

"How can your mom hear me I was being quiet?"  Emmett asks.

"Um, because she's a Lycan too and we have extraordinarily good hearing. Oh and she also knows you and you're family are vampires.

Emmett pulls away, "What?"

"Yeah we've actually known since you guys moved to town."

Emmett looks at Alexis and crosses his arms, "Anything else you want to tell me?"

"Well, since you asked, like your family's a coven of vampires mine are a pack of Lycans."

"Okay, so that's why your cousin Derek was able to shove me, he's a werewolf."

"He's a lycan now." Alexis tells Emmett.

"You've said that before, what's the difference between a Lycan and a Werewolf?"

"Well…"

Alexis and Emmett lay on her bed while she begins to explain what the difference is between the two creatures. By the time Alexis was finished explaining, Emmett totally understood the difference.

"So then they were Werewolves but you bit your aunt and that activated the Lycan gene in her blood and then she bit everyone else so that their gene would activate as well."

"Yes."

"That's badass, so then if you all bite someone they turn into Lycans and you share your memories with them and their loyalty goes to your Aunt Talia?" Emmett asks.

"Yes, it use to be that only an alpha can turn you into a werewolf, but since the Lycan gene has been activated, we're all venomous, but of course we don't infect anyone unless they ask."

"Are there more Lycans out there?"

"Yes but the majority are in Europe, from my understanding they are located mostly in Hungary around Budapest, don't ask me why, I have no idea. Werewolves are more common in the United States."

"Can I ask you something?" Emmett asks.

"Anything." Alexis tells him as she cuddles into his chest.

"Can I see you transform again?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I want to get used to you in your other form."

"Okay, but lets go somewhere else, that field has bad memories for me now."

"Yeah I know just the place."