Chapter 14 Wild Truths Brought To Life

The following day, Ambrus waited for Alexis outside their biochemistry class. He smiled when he saw her walking up to him.

"Hello there, pup."

"You know, that's so weird that you would call me that, my family calls me that."

Ambrus laughs, "That's because compared to me you are a pup."

"How old are you?" Alexis asks as they head into class.

"Older than the hills, my dear."

She stares at him for a minute then laughs. "Okay grandpa, are you going to sit in the front or up here with me?"

"No, I think I shall join you today."

They take their seats and class begins. Afterwards Ambrus walks her to her micro biology class.

"So tell me, pup, what is it you think you know about the war in Budapest?"

"I know that Lycans use to be slaves of the Vampires there, and that the original Lycan, Lucian, led a revolt against his masters and helped gain the Lycans their freedom."

"Very good you know some of your history. But do you know what caused the revolt?" Ambrus asks.

"Nope."

"Love, or in this case the destruction of it."

At the mention of love, Alexis felt her heart constrict. She looked away from ambrus, unable to hold his gaze.

"Who is Emmett, pup?"

"No one."

"Ah, you shouldn't be telling falsehoods to your elders. I heard your heart rate increase just at the sound of his name."

"He was someone I dated, but that's over and done with."

"There you go again with the falsehoods." Ambrus teases.

"Okay, he was my mate." Alexis says with a sigh.

"Was, has he passed on?"

"No, he left me."

Ambrus gasps, it was unheard of for mates to abandon each other in the Lycan world. Finding one's mate was very rare.

"Is he a human?" Ambrus asks.

"No, he's Rosalie's brother."

"A Day Walker, you are mated to a Vampire?"

"Technically no, look can we talk about this later, I have class."

"Absolutely, pup, I shall meet you here after class."

After class, just as he said, Ambrus was waiting for her.

"Now explain to me how he technically is not your mate, either he is or he isn't ."

"Well, we have a sort of mate bond, but we never made it official. Then he decided that he was going to listen to his idiotic brother and leave me, so it never happened."

Ambrus looks at her neck and sees that no there is no mating mark.

"Besides I don't think we could ever make it official, Vampire bites are poisonous."

Ambrus hums, "To werewolves yes, to our kind, no. As a matter of fact your mate can feed from you and it will make him stronger."

Alexis looked at Ambrus surprised, "How do you know that?"

"My sire told me, or at least his memories told me."

Then it dawned on Alexis, "Oh my god, Lucian is your sire."