Chapter 16 Winter Fun.

The rest of the holiday went by fast, and peaceful and soon it was Christmas Eve day. Liz and Alexis were in the process of making Christmas dinner. A Honey-Bourbon-Glazed Ham was in the oven and Liz was in the process of making the side dishes. Charlie and Bella come over with their gifts for the family and set them under the tree. They then proceed to sit in the living room and watch Christmas movies on  TV while Liz finishes up in the kitchen.

The Hales and the Swans had many Christmas traditions that they were going to share with Ambrus. And one of them was  going out and touring the neighborhood looking at the Christmas lights. Forks may be a small town, but there were some neighborhoods that went all out with the Christmas lights Getting in the car Ambrus, Alexis, Liz, Charlie and Bella went to the neighborhoods and wandered the streets looking at the lights. About an hour later they head home for dinner.

Christmas dinner was a grand sight, the Honey-Bourbon-Glazed Ham came out perfect. It was said to serve 16 people but with three Lycans, there wouldn't be a whole lot left over. Everyone ate and laughed Liz and Charlie were telling stories about when Alexis and Bella were kids. Making them both blush in embarrassment.

After dinner, they go into the living room to have hot cocoa and cookies and Liz hands everyone a gift. Everyone knows what they are except for Ambrus. When he opens his, he discovers that they holiday pajamas. He looks up and notices that everyone else got the same thing. Elizabeth suddenly claps her hands.

"Okay people you know the drill everyone upstairs to change."

Ambrus looks at Alexis confused.

"Hale family tradition, my mom gives everyone one present that has your Christmas PJs in them and everyone goes to change, so for the rest of the night and tomorrow morning we lounge around in our PJs."

Ambrus smiles, "That is very cute, let us go change."

They all go upstairs to change and come back down to watch It's a Wonderful Life. After a few more movies and hot cocoa, Alexis falls asleep leaning against Ambrus. He smiles and carries her upstairs to put her to bed. Laying her down he kisses her on the forehead.

"Goodnight édes." (Sweet One)

"Goodnight, Emmett." Alexis says in her sleep, Ambrus sighs and goes back downstairs.

As he comes downstairs, Liz gives him a sympathetic look, Ambrus shrugs.

"She misses her mate, whether she admits it or not."

"What are you going to do?" Liz asks.

"What I have been doing, be her friend, her confidante, her advisor, and whatever else she may ask of me. I like her, but she is not my mate and I shall never be hers."

Liz nods, she wishes that her daughter could move on from Emmett, and she wishes it was with Ambrus.

The next morning Alexis gets up with a massive headache, she had several dreams about Emmett and had apparently cried in her sleep. She goes to her bathroom to take some headache medicine, brushes her teeth and hair then heads downstairs.

Charlie and Bella slept over the night before so they were already in the kitchen, Charlie reading the newspaper and drinking coffee while Liz and Bella bustled around the kitchen making Christmas breakfast. Once Ambrus was up they all sat down for breakfast. An hour later the door bell rang, Samantha and Rosalie had arrived. Samantha was kind of worried that seeing Rosalie might set Bella off into some depression, but Alexis assured her that Bella would be fine.

"Merry Christmas, Sam, Rose." Alexis says as she opens the front door."

"Merry Christmas, I hope we're not too early?" Samantha asks.