Chapter 20 Confrontation

"Was that who I think it was?" Samantha asks.

"Yes, it was, damn it what the hell is he doing here?!" Alexis asks as she keeps dragging Ambrus and Samantha in the opposite direction.

"Who was that, Pup?"

"That was Emmett," Samantha tells Ambrus.

Ambrus turns around and sees that the pale vampire with the amber eyes is following them, "Oh so that is the infamous Emmett Cullen, the Daywalker. Hmm, perhaps it would be a good idea if I meet this Mr. Cullen."

Ambrus lets go of Alexis' hand and turns around, he starts walking back towards Emmett. Alexis panics and tries to grab him before he can get any farther away.

"No, Ambrus, don't." Alexis whisper yells at Ambrus.

Ambrus turns and smiles at Alexis, "It will be alright, Pup, you and Samantha head to class." He tells her as he walks back towards Emmett.

Ambrus smiles as he walks up to Emmett, he extends his hand to shake Emmett's hand. Emmett's eye's narrow at this gesture, but he takes Ambrus' hand anyway.

"Ah, Mr. Cullen, I presume." Ambrus says as he grasps Emmett's hand in a friendly gesture.

But the minute Ambrus and Emmett shake hands each begin to tighten their grip, Emmett smiles as he tightens his grip even further.

"Mr Kóbor ."

Ambrus' smile widens, "You know me?"

"Rose filled me in, yes."

"So then you know who and what I am?" Ambrus asks in a low tone.

"Yes."

"Good, then you'll take this seriously, stay away from the Pup." Ambrus says with a smile as his hand tightens causing Emmett's hand to start to crack.

Emmett's smile falters when he sees the strength that Ambrus possesses. Ambrus increases the squeeze, cracking Emmett's hand further. Finally Emmett pulls his hand free from Ambrus' grasp, he rubs his hand and wrist.

"I can't do that, Mr. Kóbor, she's my mate and I love her and you know that."

Ambrus tosses his head back and laughs, "You certainly have a strange way of showing that, Mr. Cullen." He says as he wipes his hands together, ridding himself of the crumbling dust of Emmett's hand.

"Look, I know I was stupid and that I fucked up, but I never stopped loving Alexis and I want her back."

Ambrus gives him a strange look, "What makes you think you can get her back, for that matter what makes you think you even deserve a second chance? In case you didn't know, Vamp, what you did is not done. You never leave your mate, ever. Not for friends, not for family, and especially not for a pathetically melodramatic brother, who does not have the strength to stay and protect his own mate. You choose your mate above all and you chose wrong."

"I know what I did was wrong." Emmett says as he rubs the back of his head.

"Damn right what you did was wrong, and I am not going to let you hurt her again. I advise that you just go back to where you came from and leave Alexis alone. You are completely unworthy of having her as a mate."

"I know I'm unworthy, but I'm not leaving."

Ambrus rubs his face in frustration, he gets in Emmett's face, "I am trying to to be civil, Daywalker, don't make me kill you."

"You're going to have to kill me to keep me away from her, Lycan, I'm back and not you or anyone else is going to deter me from getting my mate back."

"You will fail."

"We'll see about that." Emmett says as he pushes past Ambrus and walks away.

"Yes, we will." Ambrus says to himself. He sighs then makes his way to class.

By the time Ambrus gets to class, its over. He waits for Alexis and Samantha to come outside. When Alexis sees Ambrus she rushes over to him.

"Ambrus, what happened, did you find out what he wants?"

Samantha rolls her eyes, " Isn't it obvious, Lexie, Emmett wants you back."

"She's right, Pup, that's exactly what he wants."

"He does?"

"Yes," Ambrus and Samantha say at the same time.

"Well, he can go to hell, there is no way on this earth I am getting back together with him."

"Unfortunately, Pup, his mind is made up, he wants you back and he's willing to do anything to get you back."

"I don't give a shit what he wants, it's not happening. He had his chance, he chose his brother over me. So let him stay with his brother, come on guys, it's time for our next class." Alexis says as she storms off toward class.

Ambrus and Alexis look at each other and follow her to Microbiology.

Meanwhile Emmett has to leave school so he can go hunt, Ambrus had seriously damaged his hand and the only way he was going to heal is by feeding. He calls Rosalie and tells her that he's going hunting.

"Did you get to see Lexie?" Rose asks.

"See her, yes, talk with her, no."

"Why not?"

"Mr. Kóbor intercepted me before I could get close to her."

"I should have known he wouldn't let you talk to Lexie." Rosalie tells him, "Did you get into a fight?"

"No, he was very civil, we shook hands and he did threaten me."

"Yeah, that sounds like Ambrus, what else happened?"

"He cracked my hand when he shook it."

"What?!"

"Yeah, he was basically putting on a show of power, now I need to hunt to repair the damage." Emmett informs her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine, I have to go, Rose, I really need to hunt." Emmett says and hangs up.

Rosalie sighs, she knew it was going to be difficult for Emmett to get Alexis back, but with Ambrus around, it was going to be that much harder. She could only hope that she was right and that Alexis would forgive her brother.

When Alexis, Ambrus and Samantha got of class, Alexis was very paranoid. She keeps looking around, expecting to see Emmett at any moment. But he was nowhere in sight.

Ambrus puts his arm around Alexis, "Relax, Pup, I am pretty sure that you will not be seeing him for the remainder of the day."

"Why do you say that." Samantha asks.

"Because I caused quite a bit of damage to his hand when we shook hands. I'm sure that he had to go hunting to heal."

"What did you do?"

"I merely showed him who the stronger species is."

"Nice." Samantha tells him.

Alexis wasn't sure how she felt about Emmett getting hurt. She felt a prick of pain in her heart at hearing that Emmett was hurt, but she shoved that thought out of her mind.

Ambrus knew she was conflicted about what he did but he knew in the end she would agree with him. He squeezes her tighter in his side and rubs her arm.

"Do not worry about Emmett Cullen, Pup, I will not let him hurt you again."

Alexis stops walking and turns to Ambrus, "Thank you Ambrus."

"Anytime, Alexis, come let us meet up with Rosalie for lunch." He tells the girls as he offers his arms to the girl and escorts them to lunch.