Chapter 18 It's Not Over

The next day the group comes to find out that Rosalie had left during the night. Samantha informed them that she was going to spend a few days with her family and that she would return before they left. Which was fine with them since all they were going to be doing for the next five days was snow boarding and skiing anyway.

It was snowing by the time Rosalie got to Anchorage. She walked into the house, went straight upstairs to her room and changed. The rest of the Cullens were shocked to see her arrive except for Alice. Alice wasn't sure why she was there but she did see that Rosalie was going to arrive that day. Since she couldn't see the specifics she could only assume it had something to do with Alexis.

Once Rosalie changed, she goes to look for Emmett. She finds him in his room staring out the window watching the snow fall, Rosalie rolls her eyes and sighs. She walks further into his room and tosses her phone to him.

"Here, and don't break my phone." She says to him.

"What's this?"

"Pictures from last night's New Year's Eve party."

Emmett eagerly scrolled through the pictures, he saw pictures of Samantha and Bella in their gowns for the party and Rosalie in hers. But upon seeing Alexis his eyes widen and he groaned, she looked so beautiful. Emmett continued to scroll through the pictures, he laughed as he saw Jacob and Bella awkwardly dancing and he thought it was cute seeing his sister with her girlfriend. But when he saw Alexis in the arms of another man he gasped.

Rosalie had been watching him expectantly, waiting for him to get to those pictures. She smirked when she saw the look on his face when he saw the picture of Alexis and Ambrus. Emmett's eyes narrowed and he looked up at her, he turned  the phone around to show her.

"Who's this?"

"That would be Ambrus Kóbor, a friend of Alexis. He's actually the one who invited us all snow boarding and he's just like her."

"You mean he's a Lycan too?"

"Yes, he is."

Emmett nods, he continues to scroll through the pictures. The more he saw of Ambrus and Alexis together the madder he got. What was she doing with someone else, she was his mate! As soon as that thought entered his mind he knew he had no right to think it. He left her, she had every right to move on with her life, though he was hoping that she wouldn't like he hadn't.

Emmett looked up at Rosalie, "Are they dating?"

"No, but I'm sure that it's only a matter of time." Rosalie tell him.

At those words, Emmett feels a sharp pain in his chest. The more he saw of them together the worse the pain would get until he finally got to the picture where they were kissing. The pain that hit Emmett's dead heart was so intense that it doubled him over. He was in so much pain that he crushed Rosalie's phone, but she was expecting that so she had already gotten another phone. She watched as Emmett clutched at his heart and curled in on himself. Rosalie felt bad for her brother, but something had to make him react, she walked further into his room kneeled downed beside him.

"I'm sorry that you're suffering, Em, but you can't sit here and wallow in self pity. You have to do something about it."

Emmett didn't say anything at first he just lay there in the fetal position clutching his heart.

"Emmett if you still love her, then forget what you promised Edward, and go after Alexis, before it's too late."

Emmett kept repeating in his head that he was going to lose his mate.

Edward was walking by Emmett's bedroom and looked in. He had become a bitter and cruel person since he had left Bella so when he saw the images flashing in Emmett's head of Alexis kissing Ambrus he snorted.

"Looks like you already lost her, Emmett, the bitch has moved on with one of  her own kind."

Edward didn't see it coming he was suddenly tackled by Emmett. They crashed through the banister and landed in the middle of the living room, leaving a huge indentation in the floor and shaking the whole house. Emmett began to beat the living shit out of Edward shattering his face and neck as his fists collided with Edward's marble skin. Edward lay there defenseless as Emmett had pinned his arms down with his knees.

As Emmett beat him he yelled, "I told you not to call my mate that! This is all your fault, you couldn't protect your mate so you guilted me into leaving mine. And now I'm going to lose her for good. I swear to god, Asshole, that if I lose my mate, I'm going to kill you!"

Carlisle and Jasper grabbed Emmett's arms and using all of their strength hauled him off of Edward. Edward stood up, reaching for his face he felt where his skin had been chipped away by Emmett's fists. He rubbed his face and screamed at Emmett.

"You've already lost her, she's chosen someone else, Emmett, accept it!"

At that point Rosalie comes back into the living room with a wicked smirk on her face.

"I'm glad you want Emmett to accept his loss, does that mean you can accept yours?" She said as she showed Edward the pictures of Bella dancing with Jacob and their New Year's kiss.

Edward gasps and backs away, "No, it can't be."

"You wanted her to move on and forget about you, well it looks like she is." Rosalie tells him.

Edward shakes his head and bolts out into the blizzard that is now raging outside.

Once Edward has left the house Carlisle and Jasper let go of Emmett. Carlisle gave Emmett a sympathetic look.

"What do you plan to do?" Carlisle asks.

"I'm getting my mate back!"

"Yes, but how, she told you that she'll kill you if you go back." Jasper says.

"I don't think she will, she was angry and hurt when she said that and if it's true, I'd rather be dead than be without her. I can't take this anymore, I was planning on going back anyway. Now it's just more urgent, I can't lose her.

"Well the first thing you need to do is transfer to UW, she won't be pleased if you drop out, Emmett." Esme tells him.

"You're right, she'll be so disappointed in me. I need to get to work on that as soon as possible." Emmett tells the others.

"Good, I suggest try being friends with her again. Maybe she'll accept a friendship with you at first, then you can build on that." Carlisle advised.

"I hope this works, I hurt her so bad, I don't know if she'll every forgive me, but I have to try."

The next few days were filled with Emmett getting his transcripts ready so he could transfer to UW It was decided that he would move in with Rosalie as they had originally planned. So Emmett packed all his belongings and packed them in his Jeep and headed for Seattle, while Rosalie met up with the others again and enjoyed the rest of her vacation.