Chapter 5 History Lesson and Graduation

They go inside, Esme and Rosalie going straight to the kitchen to start grilling the steaks for Alexis, while the others sit in the living room, preparing to ask questions.

"What other things can Lycans do?"

"We can heal from any injury without scarring we have x-ray vision night vision, telescopic vision. We have the ability to control other people's mind, plague their dreams and alter or erase their memories. We can manipulate their dreams. Lift 100 tons our strength doubles every century. I'm immortal and can survive without eating for 800 years."

They were surprised to hear all that a Lycan could do in their Lycan form. Emmett had this smug look on his face as Alexis explained all the things she could do.

"Silver can harm me a little bit in my wolf but only decapitation can kill me. Oh and magic. I can also hear penny drop six miles away and pick up a single voice in a city."

"That is so cool," Samantha says. "That's it I've decided I want to be a Lycan."

Rosalie instantly appears, "No you can't!"

"Baby, if you and I are going to stay together forever I have to be changed, and frankly I don't want to be a vampire." Samantha tells Rosalie.

"But isn't dangerous?"

"Not really, the bite hurts, and the first change is painful for turned Lycans but after that it's easy. I'll share all my memories and history with Sam and because of that, my aunt will become her Alpha. Other than that it's pretty simple."

"Great, bite me."

"I'm not going to bite you now! Why don't you and Rosalie discuss it for a little while, wait til we graduate then if you still want to we'll go down to Beacon Hills and I'll ask my aunt Talia to bite you. I mean I can do it myself, but I would prefer that she do it."

"So then all Lycans are venomous?"

"Yes, unlike Werewolves in this country, where it has to be an Alpha who bites you."

Edward leans forward, "Where did Lycans originate from?"

"Lycans are a second breed of Werewolves created in the 13th century, descended from William Corvinus's Werewolf bloodline. Lucian, our sire, was born to an unknown captive female Werewolf who was likely pregnant when she was turned and thus passed the werewolf gene onto the growing fetus. He was born in human form but had the venom of a werewolf. You see in the beginning Williams victims couldn't return to their human forms they stayed savage beasts." (Info from Underworld Wiki)

"And who is William Corvinus?" Rosalie asks.

"William was born sometime in the 5th century AD, the son of Alexander Corvinus, the First True Immortal, and his mortal wife, Helena, and was the twin brother of Marcus Corvinus. William, along with Marcus, inherited the Corvinus Strain in its active state from their father, meaning that they were born Immortal."

"It was William who was bitten first; the brothers were in the Carpathian Mountains when a large black rabid wolf lunged out of the shadows and attacked them: The wolf first attacked Marcus, who was unable to defend himself due to his panicking horse. William jumped in front of it and was able to kill the wolf with his sword, but not before it bit his wrist through his chain mail in its death throes. Marcus took his twin to a nearby inn to have his wounds seen to, but as the night wore on, William became seriously ill, developing a high fever, and convulsions racked his body: The Corvinus Strain present in William's body reacted in an immune response with the Rabies virus and the wolf's DNA deposited by the animal's bite, causing it to mutate, changing William's entire physical composition: William began to sprout hair all over his body, and his face changed to reveal a more wolf-like appearance. Before the night was through, William had become the first Werewolf" (Info from Underworld Wiki)