Chapter 12 A Thanksgiving Miracle

From the minute school started on September 27th, Alexis worked her ass off. She hardly had time to eat or sleep, not that she needed it. She would spend all hours of the day and night studying reading every course book she could get her hands on and committing them to memory. She worked non stop, for a month straight, never having time to even think of Emmett. She even put the picture of them together away so he would distract her.

By the time the two months were almost up, the fatigue and the stress was starting to get to her. It was time to rest. Lucky for Alexis, it was Thanksgiving weekend and they would be going home. Rosalie decided to head up to Alaska to check in with her family and the girls headed back to Forks. They left Tuesday evening as soon as Alexis was finished with her last class, each heading in different directions. Alexis offered to drive, but Samantha refused.

"Your 60 days are almost up, I don't want to run the risk of you falling asleep at the wheel. I'll drive you can drive back, now go to sleep."

Alexis snuggled into the passenger's seat and quickly drifted off to sleep. They arrived back in Forks at nine that evening. Samantha drove through the quiet town heading for Alexis' house. When she arrived Liz was already waiting for them. She helped Alexis out of the car, thanked Samantha and took her daughter upstairs and put her to bed.

Alexis slept all day Wednesday and didn't emerge from her room until, Thursday morning. She was still tired but she knew that family was coming for dinner and she needed to help her mom prepare. The Hales couldn't make it that year, there were too many things happening in Beacon Hills for them to get away, so it was just going to be Liz, Alexis Charlie and Bella. Charlie had also invited Billy Black, Jacob, Harry Clearwater and his family, Sam Uley and Emily Young. Since Liz had been friends with the same people her brother was, it didn't bother her in the least bit, having more people. She had even told Billy to invite anyone else that may be alone for Thanksgiving, that lead to Paul Lahote being invited as well.

When Alexis went downstairs after getting ready she discovered that the kitchen was filled with women already helping out her mother. Sue and Emily had shown up early to lend a hand and had brought an extra turkey knowing that the boys would be able to eat a lot. They were in the middle of making all of the side dishes for the Thanksgiving feast.

"Good morning everyone." Alexis says in a cheerful voice.

She walks into the kitchen to greet Sue and Emily and give them hugs. She, of course, was friends with the women as she had known Sue since she was a little girl and Emily was only a few years older than Alexis.

Good morning, Lexie, how's school?"

"Great, I've been keeping pretty busy with my classes.

"Are you still studying to be a doctor?"

"Yep that's the plan. Do you guys need any help?"

"No, we have everything under control, why don't you have some coffee and go watch the Thanksgiving parade. The guys should be over in a while to take over the TV for football."

Alexis agrees, grabs a cup of coffee and some toast and heads into the living room. She watches the parade for a while as she sips her coffee and eats her toast. She wasn't even sure when she fell asleep until she feels someone nudging her.

"Hey, hey no loitering, some of us want to watch the game." She hears her uncle Charlie say.

She opens her eyes and looks around, Alexis is surrounded by boys, all just staring down at her trying not to laugh. She blushes at the sight of them.

"Alright, alright, you don't have to be so pushy."

Alexis gets up and is pulled into a hug by her Uncle, "How have you been, Munchkin?"