Chapter 11 Making the Most.

Alexis leaves the house at four in the morning she had an almost four hour drive ahead of her and she wanted to get an early start. She arrives at the University of Washington at eight in the morning. Alexis had decided to take her time driving up there so that she could think and cry over Emmett. So, instead of taking under four hours to get to Seattle it took her the whole four hours, but by the time she got her resolve to move on without her was strengthened.

When she got to the campus she drove straight to Alder Hall. Alder Hall was located on the west campus. It was for pre-health sciences majors so they would be close to their classes, both Alexis and Samantha were Pre - Med. Alexis instantly like her new home, she check her housing assignment and went up to the top floor. Taking out her key she was amazed. The room was full decorated in her and Samantha's style. The beds were made and pictures hung up on the walls. There were to arm chairs in the middle of the dorm. The desks were fully stocked with everything they would need. A smile spread across her lips.

 A smile spread across her lips

"Rosalie."

Rosalie and Alice had come in a few weeks before and had decorated the entire dorm. Making sure that Samantha and Alexis lacked for nothing. It was obvious by the style that the girls had added their own personal touches as well. What Alexis didn't know was that Emmett had helped out as well. He wanted to make sure that Alexis was a comfortable as humanly possible.

Alexis could already tell that Alice knew which bed each girl was going to pick as Alexis' bed was by the window and had a red and black duvet while Samantha, who felt safer by the wall, had a blue and black duvet. Each girl had a picture of their significant other on the night stand by their beds. Alexis picked up the picture of her and Emmett where Emmett has her hoisted on his shoulders and they are both laughing. She smiles a sad smile and is about to put it in the drawer but changes her mind and puts it back on the night stand.

Alexis begins the long tedious process of bringing her things into the building, several of the boys offered to help her, but she wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. So she politely decline all of their offers. After making her fourth and final trip, she laid down in her bed and took a nap. She awoke a few hours later to someone poking her face.

"Wakey, wakey."

Alexis opened her eyes and found that Samantha had already shown up with Rosalie. She immediately got off the bed and gives each girl a hug.

What are you guys doing here?" Alexis asks.

"You think I'm going to let my best friend suffer alone in a strange place for 10 days until I arrived?"

"Thank you, you really didn't have to."

Samantha takes Rosalie's hand, "We know. I'm sorry about what happened with Emmett." Rosalie tells her, "He's an idiot for listening to Edward."

"Thanks, Rose."

"Enough with the depressing topic, let's go explore the building and the campus and get our books." Samantha says and Alexis agrees.

They head out to look over the campus and find some of the local dining area and the shopping district. After that they go to the book store to buy their books for the semester. They stop at a local restaurant to have lunch and to chat about the classes they were going to take.

None of the three girls had to take their basics, since they had all taken AP courses in high school they already had the credits. So Alexis and Samantha were going to go ahead and jump into their prerequisites for Pre - Med and Rosalie was going to get started on her degree in business.

But as the day passed and Alexis hung out more and more with Rosalie and Samantha, she began to realize that being without Emmett was going to be tougher on her than she thought. She was going to miss the constant affection, his playfulness, their long talks while they walked in the moonlight. She was even going to miss wrestling with him. A wave of melancholy washed over her, she got up from the table and excused herself. The girls automatically knew what it was that was bothering her.

Alexis began to walk around campus, and it seem like she was cursed, everywhere she went, there were happy couples holding hand, hugging and kissing. Alexis wanted to pluck her eyes out at the sight of all this, she wasn't sure what to do with her time. She needed to stay busy in order to keep Emmett off her mind. So, she did the only thing she could think of that would be productive, she decided to double up on her classes. And if possible triple up. After all it would be easy for her. As a lycan she could go at peak capacity for 60 days and nights straight, without eating or resting, before she even becomes tired. She had an IQ of 205 and an eidetic memory. As long as she could hibernate for a weekend at the end of the 60 days she'd be fine, or at least she hoped she'd be fine.

So Alexis made her way to the registrar's office to register for more classes. By the time Samantha and Rosalie got back to the dorm two hours later, Alexis had already gathered the rest of her books for her new classes and was reading them over to memorize them.

"What are you doing?" Samantha asks as she enters their room once she had said goodnight to Rosalie.

"I'm reading my new books for the new classes I signed up for."

"What new classes?"

"I decided to double up on everything I possibly can"

"Are you insane?"

"No I'm not but if I don't I'm going to go insane thinking about Emmett. I'm going to try to move on from him Sam, but right now everything reminds me of him."

"Of course it does, you just broke up with him yesterday!"

"Even so, I'm not going to fall into a pit of depression, because the love of my life prefers his brother over me. I need to keep active and this is the best and most productive way."

"You're going to kill yourself!"

"Not possible, I'm a Lycan I can go weeks without food or rest and as long as I get a weekend of complete sleep and transform every now and then I should be fine."

"How are you going to enjoy college life if all you do is work?"

"Do you think I could enjoy college life without Emmett? No I came here to get a degree in medicine and that's what I'm going to do. If I can, I'm going to cut this down from four years to two." Alexis tells her best friend with a determined look.

Samantha sighs. "Alright if that's what you want, I'm behind you."

"Thank you."