Chapter 10 Moving On.

The next morning when Alexis woke up, she groans, dammitt she was going to have to go to the Cullen house to pick up her car. She went to the bathroom, took a shower, got dressed and went downstairs. Once again her mom had already left for school. She went outside to get going to the Cullen house but stops short. Sitting outside her house was her Dodge Challenger. Alexis went into the house to get her spare key to unlock the door. As soon as she opened the door she was hit with Emmett's scent.

Her eyes begin to tear up at his scent, she looks on the dashboard and there's a single red rose and a note, it read

*Baby,*

*I still call you baby, because you always will be my baby. I'm sorry, I am so sorry for what I said. Please believe me I didn't mean it, you hurt me when you said you should have never given your heart to a vamp. And I wanted to make you feel as bad as I felt in that moment. It was stupid and childish.*

*I wasn't with you because I wanted sex, I was with you because I love you with all my heart and soul. You are the only one for me, and I still love you. But I'm sure I've ruined any chances of you ever taking me back. To be honest I rather you kill me than to live without you.*

*I hope someday you can forgive me and we can be together again, but until that time comes know that I will forever love you.*

*Love,
Your Emmett*

Alexis was crying by the time she finished reading the note.

"Then why did you do this to us?" She asks in a whispered tone.

She got out of her car with the rose and note in her hand, going to the garbage she threw them away and walked back into the house. Little did she know, Emmett was in the woods watching. He heard what she had whispered and his dead heart ached, but when she threw the rose and note away, his heart broke in two. His eyes filled with tears that would never fall, turned and left. Probably for good. A few moments later Alexis came running out of the house and took the rose and note out of the garbage. Hugging them to her chest she went back into the house, it was all she had left of him.

Alexis went upstairs to her room, she took out her photo album. She began to flip throught the photo album, looking at all the photos of her and Emmett, of her and the rest of the Cullens. She placed the note into the album and pressed the rose into the album. Closing the album, Alexis put it at the bottom of the box she was packing.

Alexis moped around the house after she finished packing, she sat on the sofa watching movies that she had seen with Emmett and cried. When Liz got home she found Alexis asleep on the sofa, her face tear stained. She sighed, picked her daughter up and carried her to her room. When Liz set her down, she crawled into bed with her.

"Baby, what happened?"

"It's over between Emmett and me."

Alexis went on to explain to her mother what had happened. Elizabeth grew angry at Edward for manipulating Emmett and making him leave. She let her daughter cry into her shoulder until she had no more tears to cry.

Alexis sighs, "I miss Daddy."

"I know you do. Your Daddy would be the perfect person to handle this right now. He'd hunt down Edward and kill him then torture Emmett until he came to his senses and came back to you.

Alexis started laughing through her tears, "He really would do that, wouldn't he."

"Yes, baby, he would do anything to make you happy." Liz says with a chuckle.

"So, when Daddy wakes up, let's not tell him about this, maybe Edward's part but not Emmett's."

"Okay."