Chapter 17 Another New Year

The following day, the girls slept in while Ambrus and Jacob went snow boarding for a while. They then go to the Marriott to pick up the invitations for the New Year's Eve party. While they were there they end up having lunch there.

"So tell me, Jacob, what exactly are your feeling towards Bella?"

"Jacob sighs, "I'm in love with her."

"Do you think that's wise? I have read about your kind you shifters imprint on the person you are meant to be with. Is Bella your imprint."

"No she isn't, I wish she was but she isn't."

"Then I suggest you back off, it isn't right for you to pursuing her like that."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because what you have is temporary, think about it Jacob. If you and she were to get involved and she falls madly in love with you, you will only end up breaking her heart when you imprint. And I say when because it is only a matter of time. You will eventually leave her."

"I would never do that."

"You have no choice, you can not tell me that your Alpha didn't leave his fiancé for his imprint. I am sure he fought against it, but in the end his instincts won out.

Jacob looks down, he know what Ambrus is telling him is true, but he doesn't want to let go.

"You can not be selfish, Jacob, because in the end the person who will suffer is Bella."

"What do I do?" jacob asks.

"Be the friend that she needs, think of her feelings first. She needs someone who will understand her and help her through this rough time in her life."

"Is that what you're doing for Alexis?"

"As a matter of fact I am. I care very deeply for her, but I know it will never lead anywhere. As much as I would like it to, I could never take her ex-boyfriend's place. They were not officially mated but they had the beginning of a mate bond. And as I told her she may one day be able to move on but she will never have that level of intimacy with anyone else."

"Well, you've given me a lot to think about, Ambrus, thank you."

"I hope you heed my advice, young one."

After their lunch and discussion, they went back to the cabin. They had brought as couple of  pizzas for the girls. When they walked in the noticed that all the girls were in the living room watching The Wedding Planner. Ambrus and Jacob look at each other and roll their eyes.

"Come along Jacob let us play pool." With that, they left the girls alone with their movie and pizza while they went into the billiards room.

At four in the afternoon the girls started getting ready for the party. Once each of them had showered they began helping each other getting ready, doing each others hair and makeup. It took a total of four hours for the girls to get ready, Ambrus and Jacob had long since been ready and were waiting for them in the living room.

The first to come downstairs was Samantha. She was wearing a Pewter Sequin Maxi Dress. Shiny silver sequins (with a purple hue) sparkle atop a sleeveless, darted bodice with a rounded neckline. Fitted bodice gives way to a flaring mermaid maxi skirt. She smiled at the boys who smiled back at her.

 She smiled at the boys who smiled back at her